“One of the best hotels in Spokane”

The Historic Davenport, Autograph Collection
Ranked #3 of 46 Hotels in Spokane
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed November 16, 2012

I have been staying in Spokane for business for 20 years and have never stayed here, so I decided to give it a try.

Overall I was very pleased with the room. It had a very comfortable bed and roomy walk-in shower and free wifi. Nicely decorated. Good location in downtown Spokane. The staff was very friendly and helpful. You will not be dissapointed staying here.

One major complaint is that there is no in-room coffee maker. I had to order a pot from room service, which came in minutes; perhaps the fastest service I have ever had; however, it adds $20 to the bill and after the $16 self-park bill the invoice is very much higher than quoted. This is typical for this type of hotel.

I may stay here again, but most likely return the Marriott Courtyard or Oxford Suites. If they had a coffee maker, it would probably be my go to hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank 2dman
There are newer reviews for The Historic Davenport, Autograph Collection

Reviewed November 14, 2012

Boy, the Davenport is certainly an unexpected pleasure. My son and I travelled to Spokane for a Gonzaga basketball game and were really surprised at our accommodations. Our room, in the old hotel portion was very nicely appointed and much larger than I expected. We had breakfast in the Palm Room, and it was also very nice. I would recommend this place to anyone travelling to Spokane.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 13, 2012

This Hotel is a MUST for anyone visiting Spokane. The surrounding area has everything within walking distance. The prices were comparable to many hotels I have stayed in and far superior to many major chain hotels for the same price.
Ask to stay in the main hotel - the historic aspect is preferable but the Tower is also very nice. The staff exceeded my expectations. Checkout was a breeze. Room service was exceptional and the food was delicious.
The bath amenities provided included a comfy robe, shampoo, conditioner, and shower gel in the bath. No need to have to pack these items anymore !
Beds extremely comfortable.
The staff was courteous, professional, and prompt.
I would definitely recommend it as it is one of the most beautiful Hotels I've ever seen. I have recommended it to a friend for her wedding and anticipating that trip next year.

Room Tip: Request the main hotel rather than the tower. It is Beautiful. There are great views on every side...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank momm013
Reviewed November 11, 2012

It started with the valet checkin, the young man was quite polite and professional. The check in was effortless, the gal behind the desk was again quite polite and professional and gave me the requisite info needed. I really appreciate the elevator security, needing the door key to get to desired floor. I love the Peacock Bar and love it even more after having an awesome array of drinks, awesome service, and great food. The bar tendress was especially appreciated, in tune with my tastes and offering up like suggestions but not being overbearing. I'm now in bed and appreciate the laundry scent of the linens. And my Hendricks martini by my bedside thanks to the bartendress allowing me to bring my drink to my room. In a real martini glass. I love my life!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank ShalonHelena_Montana
Reviewed November 8, 2012

The Davenport is a must-see in Spokane, even if you can't afford to stay there. And either Molly's or the Steam Plant is sure to please, when you're hungry, and only two blocks up the hill. Down at the falls the river is a show-stopper, too. The place was restored very well and is quite at night. But I felt like a rat in the maze working my way back from an end-wing room to the central elevator.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 7, 2012

This is a beautiful hotel. A great experience. Great restaurant and bar. Good location. Dont forget to take home some of the treat candy from the gift shop. Staying here will take you back to a different time. Really beautiful at Xmas time Need to put coffee makers in the rooms.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 7, 2012

We stayed at the more modern decor tower across the street. Everything was nice and clean and we had a great experience! The location was perfect for walking to many shops and restaurants. Don't forget to walk to the falls for beautiful pictures!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple