“A luxurious stay in Spokane”

The Historic Davenport, Autograph Collection
Ranked #4 of 46 Hotels in Spokane
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed October 6, 2012

We knew the Davenport as the Grande Dame of Spokane and had visited the restaurants - Safari Room and Peacock Grill-- many times for nice food and decor. We recently had the chance to stay at the hotel for the first time and found it to be first rate. We stayed in the Tower, which offered large rooms and super comfy beds with spotless white Frette sheets and pillow top mattresses. The walk in shower was great. Although we had a view of the trains going by, the room was super quiet and serene. The fitness center and indoor swimming pool were never crowded during our four night stay and a pleasure to use. We admired the historic part of the hotel, but we'll be back at the Tower thanks to the comfy beds, spacious, quiet rooms, and convenient fitness center. Someone mentioned the parking was expensive, but being from NYC, we found $15 a day for indoor parking perfectly reasonable. We would be happy to find this hotel in any city, but are especially delighted to find it in Spokane which we visit a few times a year.

Room Tip: Don't be concerned if you get the rooms facing the railroad tracks. The room was quiet and over...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,821)

Reviewed October 6, 2012

I have had the privilege of staying at the Davenport Hotel & Tower for both business & pleasure! From the minute you are greeted at the door by the bellman to checking in for your reservation, the staff are always friendly, professional and eager to make your stay pleasurable. The rooms are well appointed with beds that provide a restful night's sleep.
The rooms do not provide coffee makers so I always take advantage of ordering room service with coffee and juice first thing in the morning.
I appreciate the location of the hotel, right downtown within walking distance of Riverside Mall and several really nice restaurants and wine tasting bars. Spokane is a lovely town and I always look forward to when I have business there. Because of the level of service, clean rooms and the professional staff, I have gone back to the hotel to spend a "girls" weekend with my sisters! We took advantage of the spa services and felt especially pampered. We reserved a deluxe suite as they are larger and we all had a marvelous time. We plan to make this an annual event!

Room Tip: I personally like staying at the Davenport Hotel as I love the old world grandiose charm as oppose t...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank MKBredeson
Reviewed October 4, 2012

What can I say? My wife and I enjoy a hotel with a classical perspective, yet modern amenities. The Davenport Hotel delivered on both. We were on a seven week retirement vacation and made a point of stopping in Spokane just to stay at this hotel. The hotel has the look of old time elegance from the beautiful lobby to the mezzanine that surrounds it and affords views of the goings-on below. The hotel was rescued in 2000 and reopened in 2002 after falling into disrepair over the years. The hotel was restored to its former glory while installing modern electrical and plumbing. The rooms are gorgeous and large with beautiful bathrooms. I found that the valet parking was a bargain compared to other cities and the staff extremely courteous and accommodating. The hotel is in the heart of a city that is vibrant and reinventing itself. It's within walking distance of great restaurants, a fantastic brewery and Spokane's marvelous park. I will stay there again if given the chance and recommend it for anyone who's not looking for an overnight stay in a cookie-cutter motel.

Room Tip: The deluxe king rooms are a good value. Stay in the main hotel rather than the towers that are also...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank John B
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Spokane does not appear to me to be a "destination city" as it appears a bit worn to my eye, but a stay at the Davenport is a worthwhile "cocoon" in the midst of the seedy city. For the price I paid, I was in a tower suite with a huge walk-in shower. I think the hotel's parking fees are a bit outrageous for a city such as Spokane. If you enjoy historical perspectives when you travel, then include a stay here.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 30, 2012

I have lived in or around Spokane during various portions of my life. I always knew above the Davenport Hotel, but had never stayed here before. Just by chance I had to stay over night. There was a mix up in my reservation. However, the staff was awesome to saw the least. They gave me an upgrade for the same price. Also, every staff member that I interacted with were very professional. They made staff members at the usual brand name hotels look like amateurs. I'm sure that this is no reflection on staff members at brand name hotels, but more a reflection of the care and dedication to customers which is instilled in Davenport Hotel staff.

The room I stayed in was well appointed and very comfortable. Excellent.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 29, 2012

The Davenport is a fantastic hotel. We stayed in the Tower with it's unique "safari" motif. The Davenport is truly one of the few old fashioned hotels which focuses on comfort, service, attention and value. I recommend the restaurants especially the Safari room which has specials both for lunch and dinner at an unbelievable value. The happy hour is fantastic and do experience the Sunday Brunch held in the main hotel. It is elegant and the spread and choice of food and drink will overwhelm you! If you are flying into Spokane I recommend using the Davenport's airport transportation. Can't beat it! The Davenport is truly at the top of the list not only in Spokane but worldwide.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Tower where it seems the rooms are a little larger.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 24, 2012

This Hotel has rebuilt to the marvelous style and facilities it had when we first visited in 1948! Congratulations! on maintaining the great venue.
Elegant lobby and great room, guest rooms and other facilities. Superb beds, reading lights, comfort!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family