“Always a winner”

The Historic Davenport, Autograph Collection
Ranked #3 of 46 Hotels in Spokane
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed June 13, 2011

We stay in this hotel whenever we are in Spokane. The rooms aren't large, but they're very comfortable. The peanut brittle left each day is a treat. They also don't hike up their rates when an event is in town, which I find amazing!! The care that was put into this hotel, and the local ownership, makes this a real experience.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bobi73

Reviewed June 13, 2011

I was in town to visit my daughter for Dad's weekend at WSU and thought I would spirit baby girl away for the weekend to a few days of high life living. Being it was Spokane I didn't expect much but the hotel slightly exceeded my expectations. It was nowhere near the level of accommodations that one would expect in NY or Sydney but considering the locale I was impressed.

We ate dinner in the restaurant that eve and I must say that if you have never had an appetizer made with Cougar Gold cheese, Well then you are letting one of the finer things in life just pass you right by. The service and food were in keeping with the price and I was not disappointed. I will have to say though that my usual critical palate was somewhat switched into standby mode as I was just so happy to spend some precious time with my girl-san :)

The following morning we requested a late checkout which the staff easily accommodated and then ordered room service. The meal was good but nothing to write home about.

I got an UNBELIEVABLE rate on the room though a "us military hotels" website so if you are are in the service definately pull the trigger on that.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank John F
Reviewed June 13, 2011

Third time staying at the Davenport hotel in Spokane. First time staying in the older building. Hotel as described, beautiful and comfortable. Room was large and clean. Parking is easy either self park or using valet. Only complaint would be our room was right next to the roof (5th floor), so we didn't have any view and the roof vents made loud noises periodically . I would have switched rooms but the noise didn't occur until the middle of the night. When staying again, I would ask for a room in a different part of the building.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Anibas44
Reviewed June 11, 2011

As we prepare to check out, I had to write about our great experience here at the Davenport. From start to finish, it was hard to find any faults with our stay. I booked our hotel on-line, and after discovering their "stay and play" package, I was allowed to change one of our rooms to this package without an issue. This gave us valet parking and $100 a night for meals, effectively making our room rate $80 per night; a real score.

Valet guys were efficient and friendly throughout, and our bags arrived when we did. Check-in was a breeze, as the staff was very warm and welcoming.

We had a king attached to a double queen, and found the rooms to be very nice. Beds were comfortable with lots of pillows, and the drapes provided a very dark environment. Bathroom was nice and the shower was huge. No bathtub in either room and yes, as noted, the shower pressure was not the greatest, but acceptable. I liked the nightlights behind the switches, making it easy to navigate the room in a sleepy stooper.

One negative was the fitness room; plenty of cardio equipment but only free weights for me...no machines. Kids used the pool and it was nicely heated, but seemingly high in chlorine.

Location is perfect for walking to numerous downtown venues and restaurants. Very safe; never fealt threatened, even at night.

Went across the street to the older Davenport, and the kids did the scavenger hunt available from the concierge. Their lobby reminded me of the Hotel Del in Coronado, California; historical and ornate.

The people at this hotel provided some of the best customer service I have ever encountered. Gale, our server at breakfast each morning, remembered all my kids' orders each morning! We never encountered a staff member that wasn't friendly. Kudos to the staff for making us feel very special.

Food was very good and there were some nice specials that made it a very good values.

We like to stay at nice 4 and 5 star resorts/hotels with greeat staff, and this hotel is now on our list!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank AZ-Traveler85253
Reviewed June 8, 2011

What is there not to love about the Davenport? Definitely the most high class hotel in Spokane, don't let the top notch look and reputation scare you off. It was very affordable also. The hotel is divived into two sections, the main hotel and the towers which are about 50 feet away. I stayed in the towers, which offered fantastic rooms and great views of Spokane. I am a person who likes to walk to a nearby coffee shop in the morning and there were plenty within five minutes of the front door. Would stay here again in a second.

Room Tip: Very affordable and classy
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank JoeWalker
Reviewed June 7, 2011

My husband and I visit Spokane about once a year to spend time with family. We like to spend at least one night at the Davenport and pretend we don't have kids (haha). The hotel is beautiful. The rooms are inviting. The spa downstairs is the BEST and the soft peanut brittle is to die for! LOVE THIS PLACE.

Room Tip: Any room is great.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MotherSupreme
Reviewed May 29, 2011

I loved this hotel! It is a beautiful old gal! I happened upon it as I arrived in Spokane looking for another hotel that had been recommended. As the room rates for both were the same but the ambience of the Davenport was way beyond...I chose the Davenport.
I spent two nights sleeping in the most luxurious bed, enjoyed
Crab Louis salad and famous hot fudge sundae. First but hope
-fully not the last to the Davenport and the beautiful city of Spokane.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo