“Great Hotel!”

GreenLeadersGold level
Seattle
“Great Hotel!”
Reviewed May 10, 2011

We stayed in the "Towers" section of the hotel, which is a newer building across the street from the original hotel. Staff was very friendly and the lobby was crowded with people having lunch and hanging out. A great vibe, and from talking to other members of our group, the Lunch/Dinner specials/happy hours are very good and very popular. Very nice modern big rooms with very comfortable beds. Also, free wifi, they don't nickel and dime you on that like most upscale hotels. The indoor pool was very nice, my kids had a blast there. The Doubletree in downtown Spokane is my usual, but the Davenport is a cut above.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (480)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Livonia, MI
Reviewed May 9, 2011

I stayed at the Davenport Hotel from 4/24/2011 thru 5/1/2011. It was an extremely satisfying experience just as all of my previous stays have been. On 5/1/2011, just to mix up things a a bit, I moved across the street into the Davenport Tower. I had a suite on the 22nd floor. The first night , Sunday, 5/1/2011, was great without any incident. Unfortunately, on Tuesday, 5/2/2011, I awoke to discover bug bites all over my legs, arms, and hips. I immediately called the front desk to report the incident and requested to be moved to another room. The front desk personnel was very prompt and moved me to another room in less than an hour. On the morning on Wednesday, 5/3/2011, I called to the front desk and requested to have my clothes laundered due to my fears about taking "unwanted guests" home with me. I was told that they would need to ask the on duty manager about doing this. When I returned to my room that evening, I called down and spoke to the on-duty manager since I hadn't heard anything all day. The manager refused to launder my clothes unless I paid for the service. He indicated that they hadn't found anything in the room and that my bites were probably just a rash. I understand that hotels don't have much control over what "unwanted guests" their customers may bring into the rooms. However, when a customer complains about getting bitten by these "unwanted guests", how difficult would it be to offer some complimentary service such as laundering their clothes to allay the customer's fears about taking the "unwanted guests' home with them? This lack of concern goes a long way in showing how the Davenport management feel about retaining their loyal customers. I used to always look forward to spending 1 to 2 months at the Davenport whenever I was in the Spokane area. However, now I'm actually afraid to stay there. I would rather take my chances at some of the other hotels in the area.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
7 Thank thinfine
FrontOfficeDirector, Manager at The Historic Davenport, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, May 23, 2011
The Davenport Hotel appreciates any and all constructive feedback, as it helps us to further improve upon our services. In regards to the review above, we want to ensure that the traveling public is aware of how we handled the situation. Once mentioned, our team responded immediately to the room and performed a very thorough inspection. Upon completion it was discovered that there was absolutely no trace of any bed bugs. As we found no trace, we did not feel it necessary to pay for the laundry. Hotel representation tried numerous times to contact this guest in hopes of receiving confirmation through a doctor’s note or another method noting that they were indeed bug bites, however, we have yet to hear back. We take great pride in providing a clean room to every guest, and are very willing to go above and beyond to remedy any legitimate concerns our guests may have.
Troy, Montana
Reviewed May 7, 2011

We had wanted to try the Davenport for some time and our recent trip to Spokane found us in need of a downtown hotel. In calling around, the Davenport offered a better rate than the less convenient Hampton Inn, so we decided to give it a try. While the cost did not include parking, the location was five minutes from where we needed to be the next day and ended up being ideal for our needs.
The property is amazing - nicely restored with a classy feel. The staff gave the appearance of being exceptionally well trained. Check in was efficient and friendly. The room itself was lovely, one of the best that I have ever had the pleasure of staying in. What one must realize is that this hotel is located in an urban area and urban noise is not within the control of the hotel. I suppose they could retrofit the exterior walls and windows, but the noise was what I would expect when staying in a city. There is a nearby train and one could hear cars and trucks throughout the night.
The bathroom was lovely - we laughed when we arrived when we realized that we have the same fixtures in our bathroom at home. There is no tub, but the huge shower was preferable for us.
Overall, I was impressed and would stay again, perhaps asking at check in for the most quiet room possible. Earplugs are always an option as well.

Room Tip: I would ask on checking in
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jeanie W
Spokane, Washington
Reviewed May 2, 2011

Our 30th anniversary - penthouse suite - The Davenport perfect I wish - beautiful property but the room sounds like the inside of a plane because you cannot control the vent - NO coffee in the room watched several guys come off the elevator buy coffee and take back to the room - TV is to small and outdated - 2 large chairs in the room no table to eat at - Dinner was a DISASTER Day old prime sent it back 2nd serving just as bad cold - veggis - potatoe - au juice - Fillet was overcooked sent it back - dessert was glopped into a big box to go - very good waitress and floor manager - bad kitchen - would like to have a music channel - great shower - bed - jacuzzi - fireplace

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank mcjolley
FrontOfficeDirector, Manager at The Historic Davenport, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, May 5, 2011
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback regarding your most recent stay with us. I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations, and will use this feedback to better improve the service and amenities that we offer. I am happy to say that thanks to feedback like this, we are in the process of upgrading all of our rooms to include 32 inch flat screen televisions! In regards to your dining experience, please accept my apologies, and know that I will be sharing these comments with our Chef. Again, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, and I look forward to having you as a guest in the near future.

Kind Regards ~
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed May 2, 2011

Traveling very frequently for business; our company travel policy requires a minimum of 4 star hotels for our reps. Having never been to Spokane WA my first thought was "does Spokane even have 4 or 5 star hotels?" I can tell you for sure the answer to that question is "Yes they do". The Davenport is a spectacular property that compares to if not exceeds The Ritz, The Waldorf Collection and hotels of that ilk. Location, service, rooms, food, Wi-Fi and staff are of superior quality, to be honest I wish there were more of them throughout the country because if there were I would be staying at them. If in Spokane (for whatever reason that may be) STAY AT THE DAVENPORT!

Room Tip: Stay in the new Tower
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank BDH1919
greatnw
Reviewed April 10, 2011

My wife and I flew to Spokane, WA from MSP and were very eager to stay at THE DAVENPORT!! For Spokane to have such a treasure as this place is unbelievable.
Thanks to our son, the travel agent for the great rate he got for us!! We came to visit our new grand daughter, and I can honestly say that the experience was "delightful" and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. We stayed in the historic old portion of the the hotel, and the rooms were impeccable! The bed was by far the best I have ever slept on, including my own at home! Would stay there again in a heartbeat, if we had the chance!

Room Tip: I would contact the hotel regarding this matter
  • Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Specialists
Reviewed April 8, 2011

My wife and I took our kids for a mid-week stay during Spring Break. From the moment we arrived we received outstanding service from all staff. The room in the Tower was outstanding, food was excellent and location was great. My last five business trips have included stays at the Ritz South Beach, Ritz Westchester, Ritz Central Park, Omni San Francisco and Four Seasons San Francisco and the Davenport is in the same class at half the price.

• Stayed April 2011