“Stay on the upper level!”

The Madison Inn by Riversage
Ranked #23 of 46 Hotels in Spokane
Idaho
“Stay on the upper level!”
Reviewed October 8, 2006

I just returned from Spokane, to visit my daughters, and booked a stay at the Madison. First of all, for the price, it is nice. I would however recommend staying on the 3rd or 4th floors of this building. I had room 106, and I had a terrible time sleeping because every time someone above me would flush their toilet, I would hear a terrible noise from the pipes flushing the water. This did get annoying about 3 am! The room was spotless, but because of the noise, I cannot give it a high mark. I would definately try and stay on the 4th floor, if I stay here again. The lobby was nice, and the continental breakfast was just o.k. It's worth a try, just stay out of room 106!

• Liked — cleanliness
  • Disliked — noise, bathroom shower
  • Tips/Secrets — avoid a floor on the 1st floor, due to noise of plumbing.
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
7 Thank zagmom

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Reviewed July 15, 2006

My wife and I have stayed at the Madison Inn at least twice a year since 2003. We have found the staff excellent and accomadating. They have filled every request that we have had with a smile and "is there anything else we can help you with. We can not speak highly enough about this accomatations. We recommend it to all of our friends and relatives that visit Spokane.

• Stayed July 2006
19 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 18, 2006

Recently my husband retired with a grand gathering of friends, colleagues and family attending from all over the United States. We chose to put some of our family members up at Spokane's Madison Inn. They were so pleased with their accomodations and the professional, friendly staff that was available to them. One of my sisters told me to tell anyone who comes to Spokane that the Madison Inn is wonderful, clean, friendly and very professional. They commented on the Madison's proximity to downtown and to us and just how perfect it was for getting whereever they needed to go. They absolutely loved their stay and I know they will be back! Thank you to the awesome staff at the Madison Inn.

• Stayed June 2006
21 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Seattle
Reviewed June 13, 2006

Since finding the posting “One Frustrating Experience” on Trip Advisor, the Manager of the Madison has been in contact with my husband, the company my husband works for as well as me. He has done the following to rectify the situation:

1.Offered a “Free” night stay so we can reassess his hotel. (which we have declined)
2.Refunded the $12.00 charge .
3. Assured me that he has addressed the root cause of the problems we experiencced.
4.Everything in his power to get me to remove the original review of his hotel from Trip Advisor.

I have assured him that in the future I will give him another try and if I find a favorable review is in order I will gladly write one. However this whole experience has taught me a valuable lesson and that is: “Don’t assume that because a hotel room is in a certain condition when you check in that the front desk or management knows. Advise them ASAP regarding anything that is broken, out or order or doesn’t work just right, because if you don’t you just might get charged.”

• Stayed May 2006, traveled on business
6 Thank MoBayGirl
Reviewed January 26, 2005

I have a daughter at Gonzaga University, and needed a room graduation/moveout weekend. It took me a while to find one, as the Madison is pretty far down in web listings. I doubt if I will ever stay anywhere else in Spokane. VERY Quiet. VERY Clean. VERY reasonable. Not too far from campus, but too far to walk. Large rooms, and all of them have small fridges and microwaves. Staff is VERY kind and able. Although breakfast was only OK, there has been free popcorn after 3:00. However... you need to know that the Madison is affiliated with the hospital across the street, and many of the guests are supporting family with illnesses. It can make for interesting elevator rides... the Madison is also tricky to drive in and out of until you do it a few times; Rockwood is one-way, and there was some construction around the hospital. I was concerned about sirens, etc, but haven't been bothered by noise in two three-day stays now.

• Stayed August 2004, traveled on business