“My family had nothing but praise for Spokane's Madison Inn” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Madison Inn by Riversage

The Madison Inn by Riversage
Ranked #22 of 46 Hotels in Spokane
A TripAdvisor Member
“My family had nothing but praise for Spokane's Madison Inn”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2006

Recently my husband retired with a grand gathering of friends, colleagues and family attending from all over the United States. We chose to put some of our family members up at Spokane's Madison Inn. They were so pleased with their accomodations and the professional, friendly staff that was available to them. One of my sisters told me to tell anyone who comes to Spokane that the Madison Inn is wonderful, clean, friendly and very professional. They commented on the Madison's proximity to downtown and to us and just how perfect it was for getting whereever they needed to go. They absolutely loved their stay and I know they will be back! Thank you to the awesome staff at the Madison Inn.

• Stayed June 2006
21 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Seattle
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2006

Since finding the posting “One Frustrating Experience” on Trip Advisor, the Manager of the Madison has been in contact with my husband, the company my husband works for as well as me. He has done the following to rectify the situation:

1.Offered a “Free” night stay so we can reassess his hotel. (which we have declined)
2.Refunded the $12.00 charge .
3. Assured me that he has addressed the root cause of the problems we experiencced.
4.Everything in his power to get me to remove the original review of his hotel from Trip Advisor.

I have assured him that in the future I will give him another try and if I find a favorable review is in order I will gladly write one. However this whole experience has taught me a valuable lesson and that is: “Don’t assume that because a hotel room is in a certain condition when you check in that the front desk or management knows. Advise them ASAP regarding anything that is broken, out or order or doesn’t work just right, because if you don’t you just might get charged.”

• Stayed May 2006, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank MoBayGirl
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2005

I have a daughter at Gonzaga University, and needed a room graduation/moveout weekend. It took me a while to find one, as the Madison is pretty far down in web listings. I doubt if I will ever stay anywhere else in Spokane. VERY Quiet. VERY Clean. VERY reasonable. Not too far from campus, but too far to walk. Large rooms, and all of them have small fridges and microwaves. Staff is VERY kind and able. Although breakfast was only OK, there has been free popcorn after 3:00. However... you need to know that the Madison is affiliated with the hospital across the street, and many of the guests are supporting family with illnesses. It can make for interesting elevator rides... the Madison is also tricky to drive in and out of until you do it a few times; Rockwood is one-way, and there was some construction around the hospital. I was concerned about sirens, etc, but haven't been bothered by noise in two three-day stays now.

• Stayed August 2004, traveled on business