“Great for the Heart”

The Madison Inn by Riversage
Ranked #19 of 46 Hotels in Spokane
Reviewed May 1, 2014

Madison Inn is within walking distance of Sacred Heart Medical Center and not only is the Madison Inn rated #10 of 64 in Spokane, WA, but it caters to families with medical appointments at SHMC. The service assistance was worth as much as anything else.

Room Tip: Unbeatable prices for member and family requiring medical attention at SHMC. It is also used by busi...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank LewistonBruce
There are newer reviews for The Madison Inn by Riversage

Reviewed March 22, 2014

My husband and I stayed here from Mar 18- Mar 24, 2014. My husband was having a procedure that was suppose to only require a two night stay but unfortunately, it turned into a six night stay. From the get go the staff at the Madison Inn were wonderful to work with. I didn't know from day to day if I was going to need a room and they were completely sold out due to the NCAA Basketball games. However, they were always able to provide me a room so I didn't sleep at the hospital or worse in my truck. Because I was always on a waitlist I did change rooms several times, which was completely fine as I was just grateful to have a room at the end of the day. So I can say each room I stayed in was very clean and comfortable. The handicap rooms were very roomy and had very easy access to everything. The only room I didn't care for was the one on the first floor and it was nothing against the hotel it was just I was by myself and my window was ground level which made me uncomfortable, just a personal issue. But even then when I mentioned it to the hotel the owner, Bill made sure I was moved and actually put me right behind the front desk. I felt completely safe and got the best night sleep I had experienced in a few days. Each day they just had me leave my luggage and they kindly moved it to each of my rooms so when I arrived back at night my belongings were all ready for me. As far as the breakfast I know I read some where disappointed. You know they serve breads, bagels, instant oatmeal, muffins, pastries, coffee and tea and for me it was perfect, quick and perfect to fill me up. I have been in the travel industry for 30+ years and have had stayed at some the best 5 star properties around but the service never was as nice as what I received at the Madison Inn. As far as I am concerned they rate 5 star in service and I would never hesitate to recommend or stay at this property again. On top of the wonderful service and care they provide they are very convenient to get to and from the hospital. You can definitely walk it but I did drive just because I was always leaving so late at night. The hotel has parking vouchers they can give you so you won't have to pay for parking in the hospital garage which was huge for me as I was already spending money I wasn't expecting. I also read some folks found their parking lot to be small, it's not big that's for sure but I never got back to the room before 8 pm and I always found a place to park and they were in a sold out situation. The spots can be tight but that is mostly because folks don't know how to park correctly.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Tammi C
Reviewed February 21, 2014

We stayed while having a procedure across the street at Sacred Heart Hospital and found it to be very clean, comfortable with a handy location. we will stay there again on a pleasure trip. Extra blessing using Sacred Heart security to get back and forth from hospital!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Joe828
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Stayed in this hotel for two nights. The hotel was very clean, staff was very friendly and helpful, especially the manager Bob. My room was old but very clean. I can not complain. The only minus is the poor breakfast.Thank you guys!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank Tanya D
Reviewed February 9, 2014

I stayed at the Madison Inn for three nights on a recent business trip. I stayed in one of the business king rooms. The room was perfect. It was clean, nicely decorated and very comfortable. The internet service was great and I had a nice, large work area to utilize. The staff of the Inn was extremely friendly and helpful. The continental breakfast had a lot of options, including oatmeal and breakfast sandwiches. The price was awesome as well. I will stay here again and recommend it to my friends.

Dennis D.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Dennis D
Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

This place is not easy to find but its a good value and an excellent choice if you need something close to the hospital. There are a couple of restaurants within walking distance ( subway, chipotle and a couple pubs) but otherwise you will need a car to get around. The beds weren't terrible but they could have been more comfortable.

Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed January 22, 2014

We stayed at the Madison in Spokane on Jan. 18th and 19th 2014. It was a very short notice trip and we made no arrangements ahead of time as my father was sent to Spokane for a medical issue. We happened on reviews for the Madison while searching for a place to stay on-line. We called the Madison and booked on very short notice for one night just to see if it appeared acceptable as a motel. Upon our arrival we went ahead and reserved our room for at least two nights based on the appearance of the room and the motel in general. It was very clean and well kept, the staff was helpful and friendly and assured us we could book for as many nights as we thought we might need and could cancel by 11:00 am and not be charged if we needed to check-out sooner. The rates were very reasonable and we have a small dog that we were able to keep with us for an additional $10/night. The motel has a modest continental breakfast and several restaurants nearby as well as places to eat at the nearby medical facilities. They are a little hard to find, but it is well worth the effort. They have my highest recommendation.

Room Tip: Tell the staff what you prefer in a room, they were very accommodating.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family