“Will stay again”

Ranked #21 of 46 Hotels in Spokane
Clarkston, Washington, United States
“Will stay again”
Reviewed December 18, 2011

I want to express my gratitude to Management and the staff of the Madison Inn. My husband underwent emergency surgery. I had no idea how long we would be there. They were very understanding and helpful. I have read alot of reviews and pros and cons with peoples comments. I would like to point out that alot of complaints should never be published. It seems like a personal dig because you may or may not have been inconvenienced alittle bit. Hotels are built to try and satisfy the majority of the population. Some people think that they should have everything they have at home. Can't happen. The hotel can't control helicopter noise, room noise and if you need extra towels just ask. Your pillow isn't compfy, bring your own, mattress not suitable? stay home, you are use to your own. Remember the old saying "No place like home?" unless it is God Awful, accept it and consider yourself extreme and live with it. I work in the hotel industry. We cannot guess what everyone needs. Think about what you are really upset about and see if it is really worth mentioning and consider staying somewhere that may have more to offer. I enjoyed my stay. It offered me a shower and a place to sleep and very good coffee. Laura Clarkston WA

Room Tip: Very close to the hospital. Walking back and forth alone at night I never felt unsafe.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Laura R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
north central Washington state
Reviewed November 16, 2011

First of all we chose the Madisson due to the fact that we had an appt. at the Deaconess Hospital and was informed that this establishment gave discounts for patients for the nearby hospitals. Our original reservation was for one night, but since our travel is close to 3 hours we called 2 days ahead from our arrival date and the front desk was more than willing to make our reservations for 2 nights starting a day earlier. We found that the hotel was not an easy place to find since we were not familiar with the streets of Spokane. we called and the front desk literally stayed on the phone till we got to the entrance. what a relief that was. Once we were in our room we were pleasantly happy with the spacious clean room. The front desk personel was very helpful. Our biggest concern was that after leaving the room the next day for several hours for the doctors appointments, having procedures done at the hospital, upon returning to our room we were not happy with how little was done in cleaning our room, the bathroom was not cleaned at all, noting that we expected it to be sanitary which it wasnt so this event added extra stress on our stay there due to the hospital procedure. the general manager stated that we should have notified him upon our return, but with all the stress all we wanted to do was just relax and have some peaxce and quiet

Room Tip: be sure to contact management if the room isnt cleaned adequetally
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank helenomia
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed August 29, 2011

What a find! I was looking for a place to stay during my kid's move-in weekend at Gonzaga University. Just needed something relatively close and reasonably priced. I didn't want to be looking out my window at the freeway. This place was perfect! Tucked away between the hospital and South Hill neighborhoods. Quiet, comfotable and simple. Staff was friendly and helpful. May not suit you if you prefer the Davenport, but it's as good if not better than the Red Lion options. Quizno's and Starbucks within walking distance. Get their discount card at the front desk and have dinner at the Steelhead Grill downtown!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank C_DOG_Home
Napavine, Washington
Reviewed August 12, 2011

My mother and I spent a night in this hotel before her early morning eye surgery at Deaconess Hospital in Spokane. The hotel gives a deep discount to people (or their families) who are undergoing medical procedures at Spokane hospitals. It is located right across the street from Sacred Heart Hospital and a few blocks from Deaconess Hospital. I have stayed there a number of times over the past two years related to my mother's hospital stays and medical procedures. The room for our recent stay (2 queen beds) was $63.99 (including tax). It is a great value in my opinion.

The personnel and staff at this hotel have always been extremely helpful and accommodating to me and my mom and this last stay was no different. The rooms are nicely appointed and very clean, but not fancy. The beds are comfortable. There is a small refrigerator and a microwave in each room, as well as a Lazy Boy recliner. There are no complimentary shampoos or hand lotions in the bathrooms, just the normal, small bars of soap for the sink and shower. There are plenty of towels and washcloths, plus a hairdryer.

Each morning there is a free continental breakfast provided in the spacious and comfortable breakfast room right off the lobby. They provide a copy of the local morning paper to read. The breakfast is not fancy, but adequate for my needs. They offer free popcorn every evening (very tasty).

One of my stays during this past couple of years was unexpected, and I had not been able to make an advance reservation. They offered, and I accepted, one of their Corporate King Rooms for the price of one of their regular rooms. It was a very nice gesture and I appreciated it very much.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Forester67
Oregon
Reviewed July 31, 2011

Our son was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes late in 2010. As we have no pediatric endocrinologists in the area, we have to travel 3-4 hours to see a doctor every 3 months. The first doctor we saw was in Portland OR, and we were not happy with the care there, so we ventured on to another choice in Spokane.

Before our first visit I was researching places to stay and came upon the Madison Inn via the hospital's site. They offer special rates if you have an appointment at the hospital, so we decided to go ahead. I was unsure, based on some reviews that I read, but we decided to see for ourselves.

The room we got for our family of 6 was very large and had 2 queen beds and a recliner, along with a desk and dresser. There was a standard TV, lighting, etc. The bathroom was a decent size as well. The room and bathroom were clean.

The beds are hard and wreak havoc with my back, but I find that in most places, even my own bed, so I can't really fault the Madison Inn for that. It's reasonably quiet and very nicely located for hospital appointments and even for going downtown. I had 2 friends meet with me at a nearby tavern, and we had a great time there for a few hours. A delicious pizza place near by delivers, and that fed the family for the night.

We have stayed here twice, and will return each time our son has a doctor appointment. We get a rollaway bed for one of the boys, another sleeps in the recliner, and the rest of us are in the beds. It is a good spot for us, with good value.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank TamiJo42
Republic, Washington
Reviewed July 31, 2011

Ever since this facility behind Sacred Heart opened we've stayed at least 4 to 6 times a year (usually for multiple nights due to health tests/treatment). It passes my rigorous inspection and is a fantastic value for the cost. For those needing to be close to medical and not needing frills this is the place. The rooms are adequate in size, even when we bring our 45 pound dog & his crate. Sure, a larger bathroom would be nice but that could be one reason for the price point. Once, when a room did not smell quite perfect I inquired and we were quickly moved to another. I soon observed housekeeping going back in the first one. The in room micro & refer allow quick meals on the fly to doc visits & the staff is smiling and ready to accommodate our needs whenever they are able. I have referred many there & they've said it has also met their expectations. I've used both the (small but adequate) exercise room & the tranquility room. Before oncology visits, the tranquility room is very helpful to me in finding a quite place to make empowering & healing affirmations without interruptions. We will continue to stay at the Madison & hope sometime soon we can do so just for sightseeing & fun only -- no docs! It is fantastic to know the staff is at the ready to help should issues arise & that The Madison awaits at the end of our sometimes challenging 140 mile drive from Republic.

Room Tip: Hospital side gets am sun- Medvac noise + less street noise. Parking side darker am +street sounds
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Northwoodswaterlover
Pullman, Washington
Reviewed July 29, 2011

I have stayed at the Madison Inn many times over the past several years. It's location is convenient to downtown Spokane and the South Hill, as well as I-90 for the airport. It is exceptionally well tended, quiet and the staff has always been outstanding. They offer special rates for business or medical visits. I am always comfortable and feel genuinely cared for at the Madison Inn.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business