“Perfect Overnight Stay for Passing Through”

The Madison Inn by Riversage
Ranked #19 of 46 Hotels in Spokane
Reviewed October 11, 2007

We stayed at the Madison Inn on our way to Banff. It is not a destination hotel.... but just right for passing through, and especially for people with loved ones at Sacred Heart Hospital, across the street. The Madison Inn was clean, inexpensive, quiet and comfortable. We were able to get free computer access from the hospital library in the basement, across the street.

Stayed: September 2007
19  Thank wadfad

Reviewed July 31, 2007

The Madison was an absolute find for us as we like a quiet stay with no bar or rowdyism. It is one of a small chain, set in a nice quiet neighbourhood, adjacent to Sacred Heart Hospital with ample on-site parking. Bill and his staff are pleasant and helpful and cannot do enough for you. The continental breakfast is perfect with wheat bread and english muffins for toasting and great muffins and danish. Free tea and coffee all day and free popcorn in the evenings are a welcome bonus and the absence of a full-blown restaurant or kitchen means no cooking smells. The room was clean and comfortable with a coffee machine, ironing board, microwave and fridge. We had a room at entrance level on the 3rd floor (the hotel is built on a slope) and there are even resident marmots below the entrance walkway! We were in town for a family wedding and would definitely stay there again in the future. Make sure you call them direct for a better rate as the internet was quoting $85 and we got $67 by calling. Although there are not many restaurants in the immediate vicinity there is a Quiznos Subs almost next door so you need not starve. Highly recommend the Steak Dipper!

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
19  Thank Rottidog
Reviewed April 24, 2007

The hotel itself was nice, a little "out of the way" and not many eating establishments nearby. The room was clean, quiet, and well furnished. The continental breakfast was rather limited, no cereal, milk, or fruit, just bread for toast, muffins, bagels, and sweet rolls. I did learn a lesson about room rates. The hotel is listed in the AAA tourbook advertising discounted rates for AAA members and includes the caption that you can book through aaa.com. I tried going to the motel website, but it offers no information regarding rates and you can only book by phoning the hotel or submitting your information and letting them phone you. When I booked the reservation online through AAA the only rate offered was rack rate which was higher than the rate range listed as regular rates by AAA, so I assumed they must be booked fairly full and not offering any discounts. When we checked in at the hotel, we were told we could have saved $20 per night on the room rate by phoning the hotel direct. Evidently they have to pay AAA a commission so they charge a higher rate if you book through them. I was somewhat annoyed that they advertise in AAA but do not honor the rate if you book through AAA. I guess lesson learned.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled as a couple
16  Thank Sandy26
Reviewed October 8, 2006

I just returned from Spokane, to visit my daughters, and booked a stay at the Madison. First of all, for the price, it is nice. I would however recommend staying on the 3rd or 4th floors of this building. I had room 106, and I had a terrible time sleeping because every time someone above me would flush their toilet, I would hear a terrible noise from the pipes flushing the water. This did get annoying about 3 am! The room was spotless, but because of the noise, I cannot give it a high mark. I would definately try and stay on the 4th floor, if I stay here again. The lobby was nice, and the continental breakfast was just o.k. It's worth a try, just stay out of room 106!

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled with family
7  Thank zagmom
A TripAdvisor Member
Weston, Oregon
Reviewed July 15, 2006

My wife and I have stayed at the Madison Inn at least twice a year since 2003. We have found the staff excellent and accomadating. They have filled every request that we have had with a smile and "is there anything else we can help you with. We can not speak highly enough about this accomatations. We recommend it to all of our friends and relatives that visit Spokane.

• Stayed: July 2006
19  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Spokane, WA
Reviewed June 18, 2006

Recently my husband retired with a grand gathering of friends, colleagues and family attending from all over the United States. We chose to put some of our family members up at Spokane's Madison Inn. They were so pleased with their accomodations and the professional, friendly staff that was available to them. One of my sisters told me to tell anyone who comes to Spokane that the Madison Inn is wonderful, clean, friendly and very professional. They commented on the Madison's proximity to downtown and to us and just how perfect it was for getting whereever they needed to go. They absolutely loved their stay and I know they will be back! Thank you to the awesome staff at the Madison Inn.

• Stayed: June 2006
21  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 13, 2006

Since finding the posting “One Frustrating Experience” on Trip Advisor, the Manager of the Madison has been in contact with my husband, the company my husband works for as well as me. He has done the following to rectify the situation:

1.Offered a “Free” night stay so we can reassess his hotel. (which we have declined)
2.Refunded the $12.00 charge .
3. Assured me that he has addressed the root cause of the problems we experiencced.
4.Everything in his power to get me to remove the original review of his hotel from Trip Advisor.

I have assured him that in the future I will give him another try and if I find a favorable review is in order I will gladly write one. However this whole experience has taught me a valuable lesson and that is: “Don’t assume that because a hotel room is in a certain condition when you check in that the front desk or management knows. Advise them ASAP regarding anything that is broken, out or order or doesn’t work just right, because if you don’t you just might get charged.”

• Stayed: May 2006, traveled on business