Spokane Club Inn
Ruby2(Spokane)
  • Free Internet
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
All reviewsfitness clubathletic facilityfitness centerthe riverclosetreciprocal
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 25, 2014

This hotel has lots of charm being so old. The location is great for those wanting to explore the downtown area on foot. The rooms have some of the old character with some newer updates and some things left over from an update done many years ago. The rooms are slightly larger than some of the other historic hotels and even some of the more modern ones in the downtown area. The King sized bed was very comfortable. The free wifi, and in room fridge are nice to have and I asked for a mircowave and one was delivered to my room to reheat some left overs from their fantastic resturant. Some hotels I have stayed at charge for a mircowave, but not this one. The hotel is attached to the Spokane Club fitness center via a sky bridge, which is another great perk. The fitness center never was too crowded and I went at times before and after work when I would typically find most clubs at their max use. Twice in the mornings I was the only one in the pool and I never had to wait to use cardio or weights. I just wish I brought my racquetball gear as there were several courts available. The steam and sauna rooms were also available to use in the locker room areas.

Parking is free on the streets after 8pm and before 8am otherwise you can use the parking garage down the street for $10 per night. The staff was friendly and helpful for my questions about the local area and things to do or places to eat.

I would stay here again and recommend it to friends and family.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank Steve J
Reviewed March 29, 2014

Had a wonderful two night stay. Rooms clean and comfortable. Perfect location for walking to Riverfront Square and River Park. Somehow I screwed up our reservations and despite being booked up, Ryan bent over backwards to accommodate us and gave us the first and only room cancellation. Wonderful staff! Kudos to Spokane Club, will definitely stay again!

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank SteviMT
Reviewed March 27, 2014

I stayed here for four nights and enjoyed the quality of the linen and the big comfortable bed with many, many pillows. The hotel has character and history. The bathroom, I found lacked space for personal items such as make-up etc but again the towels were thick and large. I did find that it was not possible to stop the light coming in around the curtain on the window as it barely covered the glass. There was a large TV, coffee machine, ironing board and iron and a security cupboard. The staff were very pleasant and helpful. Free WIFI was an added bonus.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank MollyBrisbane
Reviewed January 12, 2014

The historic charm of this hotel/club is lovely. Originally built nearly a century ago, it was renovated about 30 years ago. There are some things that are a bit tired, but it is very clean. The bed was comfortable and the linens were spotless. Bathroom had modern fixtures and nice toiletries. You pay a bit more for a corner room, but they are larger and worth it, to me. Refrigerator in the room, a Keurig coffee maker and glass glasses and ceramic coffee cups are great features. No wasteful paper cups.
Staff was very friendly and helpful. Covered parking ($10) is about a block away or you can use metered parking on the street. There is an excellent fitness center adjoining the hotel with a pool and courts and indoor running track. Locker rooms are very clean. There is no charge to use this facility.
My only negative was that the steam pipes in the room were a bit noisy, but again, it is an older hotel, so that is how those things go. Not a deal breaker, in my eyes.
It is centrally located. Walk to theaters, restaurants, Riverside Park, shopping.

Room Tip: Corner room, facing the Falls is very nice and quieter than lower floors.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank coachmary
Reviewed September 28, 2013

I stay here the week of September 23rd for a convention. I read the reviews and thought I would give it try being that I don't like sterile modern hotels as much as hotels with character. This hotel was built as a private club a century ago and like so many old world charmers had suffered neglect at the end of the last century. It remains a private Inn attached to a modern athletic club. The Spokane Club has in recent years been engaged in updating and refreshing this wonderful hotel. The room 321 that I stayed in was wonderful with period furniture a bar with a refrigerator and a comfortable bed. The bathroom was definitely in need of updating but was clean and had an additional closet. The public area of the hotel are warm and inviting. Close to everything down town. We had a exquisite meal at Burgandys on the main floor.

Room Tip: I got a good rate with breakfast through Red Lion reservations.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business