“Beds with rips and Threads”
Review of Spokane Club Inn

Spokane Club Inn
Ranked #3 of 13 Spokane B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 24, 2013

I have to say, I would rather drive home after a trip to Spokane 150 miles than stay here again. I first had to explain I had paid for parking and had to email the conformation to the front desk. Upon arrival to the room we pulled the disgusting comforter back only to see sheets that are thread bare and ripped, I told the front desk and she said "Oh, I will make a note of that. The cleaning crew has gone home for the day"...Really? I wouldn't think they were ever there. The floors are filthy and there was either blood or jam on the closet doors, I wasn't brave enough to get that close and look. I went out and my wife stayed behind at the room to relax and she couldn't get the 1980's TV to work. The front desk did bring up remote batteries. The towel closet in the bathroom had portions of the wall that had crumbled and landed on the shelf and what a surprise it hadn't been cleaned up. I seriously think an Econo Lodge bathroom has a better star rating than this room deserves. (sorry Econo Lodge) for the comparison to a run down hotel room as I was stuck in to ruin what should have been a great weekend. $135 for room tax and parking could have been used at a much cleaner hotel like The Ruby, too bad it was booked. Upon checkout the front desk lady didn't even ask how our stay was, she must know how horrible it is? Never again I say and I will definitely let people know where not to stay...The Spokane Club!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Ross B
Ryan L, Hospitality Director at Spokane Club Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

Dear Guest,

I am truly sorry for the experience you had during your last visit with us. The room that you stayed in has been put out-of-order and we are currently making the required repairs. This is by far below our standards, and we take very seriously the enjoyment of our guests and the quality of our rooms. I hope that you take me up on my offer of a free stay with us the next time you are in town!

Once again I apologize on behalf of the Spokane Club Inn, and we hope to make it up to you in the future.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

we called ahead of time,we were told swimming pool would be open ,all amenities of other hotels offering.we booked and drove 300miles to find no parking,swimming pool closed,no continentel breakfast,but we were offered a fruit buffet at the 'low price of' 8.95 per person! no vending machines ,no ice machines on any floor,called the front desk ,and were told there was a store near by, unless we wanted to pay 2.50 per soda which they would reluctently bring up to our room.no microwave.so we paid 115.00 for 1 tin y sweltering hot room,and literally ,thats it! dont waste youre money there ,big dissapointment.

Room Tip: make sure the receptionist is very clear,especially if you are driving a long way to get there.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Shawna S

Dear Guest,

I'm sorry for any miscommunication that occurred during your stay. Our parking facility is located about 800 ft from our front entrance just around the corner. We have an ice machine located on our third floor in the center of the hallway. I truly apologize if you asked for these amenities and they were not given to you. As far as the swimming pool, on the day of your stay we had a lightning storm and were forced to close the pool due to the safety of our members and guests. I hope that you will visit us again and give us the chance to make up for your less than desirable visit. We take our guests experience to heart and work hard to improve them.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

Spokane club is an amazing high end private athletic club that also has hotel rooms. The rooms are nice with some very nice touches but also dated. Bathrooms were clean and spotless, very functional but I'd guess the last updates were mid 80's. (See pictures)
King size bed was nicely furnished but I would guess 20 years old. Not horribly uncomfortable but a very worn mattress.
Chairs, couch and furnishings were very nice.
If you want full use of the best athletic club in Spokane and the best location of any Spokane Hotel, this is your place. If you want a Davenport quality room, stay at the Davenport.
Rooms are very nice, just a bit dated.

Room Tip: 322 is an XL "Honeymoon" suite. Jetted tub, corner room. Couch and 2 comfy chairs.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Tim W
Ryan L, Hospitality Director at Spokane Club Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

Thank you very much for your recent review of the Spokane Club! We have been working very hard the last couple of years to make significant updates and renovations to our rooms and we will continue to do so in the coming months. I hope that you will continue to stay with us and watch the transformation unfold. Thank you again and we hope to see you in the near future!

Regards,

Reviewed February 24, 2013

The Spokane Club Inn is a throwback to a more elegant time when travellers were expected to behave in civilized manner and not to troop around in athletic wear carrying bucket-sized soft drinks or coffee. This hotel is close in character and appearance to a high-class establishment in the countryside in England.
The Club is a great example of how a hotel really should be run. The staff are welcoming and efficient, the lobby is elegant without being over the top and the rooms are comfortable with all of the conveniences that one could need.
The hotel's private parking garage is within a 100 yards and has simple access through Spokane's confusing one -way road system to the freeway.
Being a small hotel and primarily a club, there is a certain difficulty in getting bookings at peak times. However, this should be your first choice when visiting Spokane.
The restaurant deserves special mention for the quality of the food and exceptional service - the breakfast in particular is terrific with excellent choice.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DJ J
Ryan L, Hospitality Director at Spokane Club Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. The Spokane Club is very proud of our historic building that provides our guests with a classic hotel style and modern accommodations and conveniences. Thank you for your review and we hope to see you the next time your in Spokane.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed January 26, 2013

We stayed one Friday night in December and were thrilled with the place and will return. The place was elegant and the staff excellent: friendly and helpful. The room was nicely appointed and immaculate. Yes the bathroom tile was old, but the plumbing units were all new and the tile was whole, clean and the grout was white and intact. I liked it. The location was incredibly cinvenient for downtown. The room was quiet and rather elegant. We didn't use the fitness center, but it looked good.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Older building with the rooms feeling like a bed and breakfast in an older home. The room was fairly small yet felt warm and inviting. We had a corner room so had lots of natural light and had a nice view of the river. It is a little difficult to find as someone said before. It is right on the corner of the two intersecting streets with brief parking right in front of the canopy at the hotel. Parking is not on site only being about a block or so away behind the big church. Nice stay.

Room Tip: the corner rooms are nice because of more windows and view!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank lehookedontravel
Reviewed December 30, 2012

We won a night's stay at a charitable auction. We chose to upgrade to a suite. It is directly in from the landing and across from one of the private dining rooms. I was worried about noise but it was very quiet and we didn't hear anything from the banquet that was in the private dining room. The bed was very comfortable and the extra blankets in the closet were nice for cuddling on the sofa. The mini fridge was spacious enough for the bottle of bubbly we brought for our anniversary celebration. The bath is tiny and in need of a serious upgrade. The counter is small and a narrow glass shelf really doesn't hold 2 people's travel kits. I am tall and the makeup mirror was mounted so high on the wall that it was a stretch for me. If you are under 5' 9", it will be practically unusable. Please update the tired artwork in the bath. Even painting the old oak frames black and putting in photos of the club would be better than the 1980's style bathroom prints. The large television was perfect for hard core Zags fans to watch the game with room service ice cream sundae. I love the Spokane club and it just needs a bit of updating to help the tired feel. The housekeeping staff needs to make sure to discard the old bars of soap before a new guest arrives. One bar was a nice Spokane club soap but the other bar was Dial? Really? I would not recommend the use of dial soap for a suite or any room that needs to present an upscale appearance.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple