“Laguna with Tempus Wines”
Review of Laguna Cafe

Laguna Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Laguna Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #104 of 912 Restaurants in Spokane
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Laguna Cafe was established in 2007 on Spokane's South Hill. We relocated to our present address in Dec. 2015. We feature Breakfast,Lunch and Dinner on Sunday and Lunch,Dinner Monday thru Saturday in a warm and casual setting. Owners Dan and Chef Debbie collected menu ideas from our families and our travels. Our families have always been in the food business, my Grandfather sold produce door to door after escaping poverty and starvation in Sicily in 1890. Debbie's Mother cooked professionally all her life. We draw on their teaching to inspire our menu of American and Italian dishes as well as things that strike our fancy. We have a full bar, over 90 wines and a dozen beers available inside or on our patio. You may chose to call ahead and drive up to our pick up window to take your meal home with you. Save room we have spectacular desserts.
Reviewed April 26, 2014

Great evening at a new place (for us). Laguna Cafe has a wide variety on its menu that includes appetizers, small plates, entrees, desserts, beer, wine and even a drive through (not for beer and wine). Joe Forest, winemaker of Tempus Cellars, was there for a tasting of his great wines from Walla Walla. Worth the trip to the South Hill.

Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

Something for everyone, salmon, pork, pasta, turkey, meatloaf. Great wines at reasonable prices, excellent servers. Special handmade deserts. The owner is very knowledgeable about wines and works along side the staff and enjoys visiting with customers.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

The food is beautifully presented and delicious. The prices are modest. The decor is eye pleasing. Service is fast and the servers are very pleasant and accomodating. The owners are obviously doing a great job of running their restaurant, and they always stop to visit when we and they are there at the same time.

Reviewed April 3, 2014

Reviewing a restaurant normally includes comments about the ambience, service and the food. At Laguna, you have the unusual confluence of all three aspects of the great dining experience. Dan, the owner, was delightful, offering suggestions on wine selection, offering tastings and regaling us with stories. The menu features a wide variety of small plates of the restaurants featured dishes. Don't let the "small" fool you like it did me. We ordered a grilled Shrimp skewer that was outstanding. Our party ordered a couple of different dinner salads, both were excellent. There was the pear gorgonzola with chicken and a filet mignon offering. I tried the meatloaf which was hearty and tasty. Completing the meal, we finished with dessert. After being tempted by a signature chocolate cake, we ordered one cream brûlée NY cheese cake (wow) and a key lime pie (yum). Each was served with an appropriate and unusual liqueur. All and all, you can't find a better restaurant experience. This is a "don't miss".

Reviewed March 24, 2014

At the last minute I'm reminded, " this is my Bunko Monday"! Well what's a boy to do? So I drove over to Laguna and a small table was available. Started with a glass of wine - difficult choice - as the list includes Germany, Spain, chile, Argentina, France, as well as Washington, Oregon, and multiple,California AVA's. A nice Oregon Pinot caught my attention, and ware noted a second glass. They have full dinners and a special was a great price but way more food than I needed. SOooo, I consulted the 7 or 8 small plate menu. Salmon filet with vegetables sounded right. Started with a cup of the featured mushroom soup. OMG!!! Porcini's! I have spent a lot of time in northern Italy, Tuscany, Umbria, Emilia-Romagna. I have occasionally had better mushroom soup with a cream base. This was world class! The salmon was more than the advertised 4 oz. maybe 5.5 and perfectly grilled. Great contrast with cold mango salsa. Veggies. Two piles on opposite sides of fish. One with pea pods and julianed carrots. Other side was bracolli, not over cooked, with zucchini and summer squash. And a sprig of asparagus over the top. All professionally and cordially served by Joe. In no way would I need desert, but for those who do wonderful taste treats are there for you. Place is casual, but festive, and if my wife were there it would be Tre Romantic. Reservations for the day are cut off at 6:00 PM, so call earlier to reserve.