“Still the Best in Spokane”

Hilton Garden Inn Spokane Airport
Ranked #4 of 46 Hotels in Spokane
West Linn, Oregon
“Still the Best in Spokane”
Reviewed April 23, 2010

I frankly do not understand some of the recent negative/mediocre comments about this property. I have been staying at this HGI property since it opened. I am a Hilton Diamond HHonors member and I tend to be fairly demanding. I have never had anything less than an exceptional stay at this property. The property is located a minute or two from the airport, and is convenient if you have business at Farchild AFB; it also provides easy access to the highway to Pullman and WSU. Management has always stayed ahead of the curve in upgrading and refinishing the rooms and common areas. The "evolution" rooms are perfect for business - roomy, good work area, a nice easy chair, and a good-size flat panel TV. Wireless and hard-wired internet is free, and the free parking surrounds the hotel.

While some don'gt like the fact that the hotel is not located downtown, I frankly find the hotel's airport location one of its strongest selling points. Unlike the fairly edgy downtown area - particularly near Wall Street where other hotels are located - the airport location is quiet, isolated, and yet still a quick 10 minute drive into the core of the city.

My room on the 3rd floor was - as has always been the case - very clean, with a nice duvet on the king bed. The bath was spotless. Front desk staff are very personable and genuinely make you feel welcome. The staff in the restaurant are equally nice and the food I had (breakfast and dinner both days) was very good and reasonably priced.

I have stayed at Hilton properties all over the world, and I can honestly say that this HGI property has been and remains one of my consistent favorites. Good location, gredat facilities, wonderful and clean room, nice restaurant and nearby food options, and overall a very, very good value. I have no hesitation recommending this outstanding HGI property and I encourage you to give it a try on your nexst visit to Spokane.

1 Thank Flying_Lawyer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Austin, TX
Reviewed April 10, 2010

So, I was supposed to go to Spokane in June. I was organized and booked at this hotel in March. Well, now my trip has been moved to August, so since I'm 2 months from the original booking date, I thought a change would be no problem. I even thought my Hilton rewards card (dating back to 2001) would mean something. But NO!

They have no tolerance for any changes to your dates. No tolerance. That means, no change, no cancellation, even 75 days in advance!!!

Now, I understand if they wanted to be tough with cancellations the week you're due in, I know they staff, buy food, etc. anticipating the guest load (believe me, I travel a lot, so have been through many hotels). But give me a break.

So it may be clean, and convenient, but I will never stay at this hotel, nor any other hilton. My rewards card is shredding as we speak.

So, buyer beware on this one.

2 Thank Quilmesgrl
IRVINE
Reviewed April 4, 2010

While you can look across a field and see the airport terminal, you have to drive about 2 miles around the field to get to the airport. Quiet hotel, kept spotlessly clean, with a relaxing lobby and standard Hilton Garden Inn restaurant. The staff is attentive and polite. The rooms are larger than a standard big-city hotel room. This hotel is a solid choice.

Missoula, Montana
Reviewed February 11, 2010

only place that had an opening all the motels were booked due to a wrestling tournament. had 2 kids under 2 and we had a great time at the hotel.nice continental breakfast that is served.

Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
Coeur d'Alene, ID
Reviewed February 11, 2010

Pretty good stay, not the best location in Airway Heights but quick access to freeway and downtown Spokane. Beds were fine, value was average. Nice thing is that they added a movie theatre walking distance from the hotel.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Interior of BC
Reviewed October 22, 2009

Two friends and I headed out on a girls getaway. We decided on Spokane as there was shopping and gambling! We stopped at the casino where we asked about hotels. The security guard said that he had heard good things about the Hilton Garden Inn. Our second stop was Starbucks (where we received awesome service) and again had the Hilton Garden Inn recommended. With two positive comments we decided to give it a try. From check-in to check-out we had nothing but good service. The girls at the front desk were helpful - giving directions, recommending shopping malls to try, the room was spacious and comfortable. Passing houskeepers in the hall we always got a smile and a hello. Our first day there we made a trip to the casino via the on call, 24 hour shuttle. Breakfast was included with our room and was tasty with lots of food. After a hard day of shopping the second day we hit the pool and the hot tub. The hot tub was a little on the warm side, but the entire pool area was nice and clean.

All in all I would highly recommend this hotel for your stay in the Spokane area.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank backtoboogie
Government Employee
Reviewed October 7, 2009

Great hotel as expected for HGI or any other Hilton.

Flatscreen TVs.
Microwaves, Refrigerators.
Their HGI Sleep System thing, which is a generic select comfort bed. Very comfortable.
The Pool / Hot Tub is open 24 hours!

Seems to be a popular choice for businesses as the conference rooms were busy all week with different companies everyday. I was on the first floor but it was fine because it was separated enough and I didn't notice until I walked by.

A highlight for me was the pool area was open 24 hours. I was always the only one in there and the hot tub was plenty warm enough.

The restaurant serves breakfast for about $10 which is all you can eat. Omelets to order or waffles, french toast. Upon check in i was asked whether or not I wanted the points or breakfast. I chose the breakfast. I believe the hours during the week are 6am to 11am for breakfast.

Overall, i enjoyed the place. It was quiet yet close to a major road.

Drive time to downtown is about 7 minutes. The airport is about 1 minute away. Fairchild AFB is about 5 minutes away.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business