WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Hilton Garden Inn Spokane Airport

Hilton Garden Inn Spokane Airport
Ranked #6 of 46 Hotels in Spokane
Vancouver, Washington
“Fast becoming a favorite chain of mine”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

I've been staying at Hilton properties more and more as of late, mainly Hilton Garden Inns and Hampton Inn's. Why? Because they have just been excelling in so many respects compared to many other chains. Very comfortable rooms, free breakfast, and at this location even adjustable beds similar to Sleep Number beds. They consistently excel and are interested in perfecting customer service.

About the only down side to this hotel is that it is not in the downtown area; rather, closer to the airport - which, depending on your perspective could also be seen as a plus!

I've stayed at this particular hotel in the past and intend to do so when future travels return me to the Spokane area.

Room Tip: The times I've stayed here I have never had a bad room. That's not to say that all the rooms...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

Last May, I had a group on the Queen of the West, an American Cruise Lines paddlewheeler on the Columbia River. We stayed at this hotel. The rooms were impeccably clean. I was also impressed with the front desk staff and dining room personnel. They were very kind to let some of us play cards in the dining room when it was free. The Hampton Inn Spokane Airport is also a wonderful hotel with their usual complimentary breakfast and free wifi.

I would also like to say that the drive to the Columbia River in Clarkston, WA is a very scenic ride. You pass through miles of wheatfields that look like rolling sand dunes and historic towns.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Yakima, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

The young lady who checked us in (Jaysonna) was extremely kind and helpful. We were greeted with a smile and she checked us in quickly. The overall experience was excellent, we loved the décor and everything was so clean!! Beautiful and quiet and close to casino. I liked being able to enter through any outside door at any time. ;-) Thanks for a great relaxing stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

This has to be one of the nicest hotel staffs I have ever encountered in the US. For being a small hotel they know how to welcome an individual. The breakfast staff is always cheerful in the morning. It is extremely convenient to the airport and only about a 10 minute drive from downtown Spokane.

Room Tip: Actually, I have not had a bad room, but if you don't like waiting for elevators stay on the fir...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Mike P
Kalispell, Montana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

This is the best hotel in Spokane. EVERYONE here is happy and very friendly. The customer always comes first here. I am treated well from the front desk to all staff. The management has done an excellent job making sure their employees are rewarded for their hard work, I'm sure. I am also sure that the management also weeds out knuckleheads who have worked here in the past, by firing them. The food is very good, but could be a bit better, especially the cooked to order food. I am always glad I come here to this hotel. I drive out of my way to come here. This hotel is in west part of the valley, I do business on the east side of the valley. Don't just stay here when you are utilizing the airport, use this hotel all the time. You will not be sorry.

Room Tip: Get a room on the 3rd floor for a great view. Become a HHonors member!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

This is a well kept and freindly stop convenient to the Spokane Airport. It's more updated than the few other choices. The restaurant is not bad but the Rusty Moose Restaurant that shares the parking lot is very good. The option to leave your car there while away saved a few bucks which helped with the slightly higher than average rack rate.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Troy, Montana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

When we arrived this time, we were greeted warmly and welcomed back to the hotel. The room was where it should be, on the top floor, away from the elevator on the quiet side of the hotel. They HEARD me! The person who checked us in was flawless - and the water was given without asking. Ahhh - this is my beloved hotel as it should be.

When I arrived in the room, I noticed a card and a small gift bag. Well, they had me at hello and at getting the room right, so this was not expected. The card was the most sincere apology that I have ever seen and the gift bag was a GENEROUS bag of goodies that went all the way to Hawaii with me. I was bowled over to say the least. Impressive - excellent recovery all around.
There were also coupons for free breakfast the next morning, but as we had a VERY early flight, we could not use them. When I mentioned this at check out, I was assured that it would be taken care of and when we returned from our trip and checked in again, updated coupons were in our check in package.
The management of this hotel has gone ABOVE and beyond to be helpful and kind to me.
I am now a RAVING fan and I am sorry that it took me this long to post this review.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple