“Very good airport hotel”

Hilton Garden Inn Spokane Airport
Ranked #5 of 46 Hotels in Spokane
Alberta
“Very good airport hotel”
Reviewed July 24, 2012

I stayed at the Spokane Garden Inn overnight on my way home from Seattle. The hotel itself is very new, clean, and the rooms quite large. There is ample parking and the staff was friendly. This hotel is best for people flying through the Spokane airport, or are just “passing” through as it is a long way from downtown Spokane or any other sites. There is only one restaurant / lounge close and although the food was very good, it closed at 9 pm. Overall it is a great choice for an airport hotel, but for nightlife and an extended stay in the Spokane area another hotel might be better. I would have no problem staying at this hotel again if flying, or just a quick visit.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Sacramento, CA
Reviewed July 11, 2012

This hotel is super close to the Spokane (GEG) airport, however, I haven't heard the noise of the airport since I've been here. It's very clean, the rooms are large, the bathrooms are decent but average sized. It's a 3 floor property, on a highway, that has a restaurant that shares the same parking lot. The restaurant is very good, but I'd even say the breakfast at the hotel is pretty good, but you'll have to pay for it.

The bed had a dail on the side that lets you adjust it for firmness. However, I didn't really notice much difference in feel, except a dip toward the middle of the bed. If you have read my other reviews, you know I am the princess and a pea, so I notice everything when it comes to bedding. Their linens were fine and they had great pillows.

This is my second time staying here and I don't know how I missed the pool here the first time. It is an indoor pool. I didn't use it, but it looks really nice and large.

The biggest drawback of this hotel is the location. It is not near ANYTHING except the airport and restaurant. They have an airport shuttle, but unless you have a driver here, you need a car to get around.

The first time I came, I just met with people in the conference rooms here. This time I actually went into Spokane and learned that it is a beautiful city. It has some 'tired' areas, reminiscent of Reno, but the Riverfront Park is excellent and it has great restaurants.

I'd highly recommend this hotel, but have a car. Oh yes, the staff is wonderful. EVERYONE, including housekeeping has been great. I did have a problem with my shower, and someone was in my room fixing it within 5 minutes.

Room Tip: Both times I had a great room. They are pretty large. Neither side gives a great view. It is Spok...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Williamsburg, Virginia
Reviewed June 15, 2012

... and before the flight home!

We flew from Newport News to Denver to Spokane. After being delayed in Denver by what we thought was just a thunderstorm but turned out to be a tornado, we arrived in Spokane quite weary.
My husband had called the hotel from Denver to tell them we would be arriving later and asked if a shuttle would still be available. The answer was "yes" and just call when you get here.
Sure enough, a chipper, friendly shuttle driver arrived in a timely manner and drove us to the hotel.
We were welcomed appropriately for the hour and found our room to be spacious, clean, and quiet. The bed was comfortable and we were able to sleep soundly.
We had breakfast in the restaurant area. Made to order or buffet. I had a tasty western omelette. Made to order french toast was also available...it looked good. I think breakfast for two of us was just under $20.
Since we needed to pick up our rental car from the airport, the dayshift shuttle driver took us back to the airport. That was also a very easy transition.
For our return trip a week later, we stayed here again the night before our 0630 flight. We arrived a little before official check-in time but were able to get our room at that time.
This was nice because we had been camping and really needed a shower! We showered and went to the pool and spa area at the hotel. Very, very nice. The setting is splendid. It is inside but feels like it is outside because the wall of windows. An extra feature was the pre-spa/pool shower area behind a block glass curved wall. This makes it quite convenient to rinse off before and after getting in the water.
This hotel provided exactly what we needed both times we stayed.

Room Tip: I think all of the rooms are good because the elevator and vending are separated from the rooms. Per...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Gardiner, New York
Reviewed June 7, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel for one night before flying home.
The hotel is immaculate, bright and cheerful. The bed was extremely comfortable.
We had breakfast the next morning. Although it was not included in the price of the room, it was reasonable enough and everything was fresh. The chef made the eggs to order and they were perfectly cooked. The waitress was very friendly and chatted with us for a while.
The lobby's decor was lovely, as well.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Missoula, Montana, United States
Reviewed June 1, 2012

We were flying out of Spokane and wanted to utilize the offer of parking our van while we were away except we were going to be staying there 'after' our trip and not before. This was NOT a problem when I called to inquire about it. All they asked is that the stay was paid in advance which was not a problem We got into Spokane around 10:30 pm and did not have to wait long at all for the shuttle to arrive. The driver was very nice and friendly asking us about our trip and welcoming us back home. The room was very large and the bed was extremely comfortable which was nice after a very long day. We will definitely use this hotel again in the future!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Cranbrook, Canada
Reviewed May 24, 2012

This hotel is very close to Spoklane's downtown and airport. The rooms are very clean and comfortable. The adjustible beds really are a great feature. The front desk were very professional and friendly. All in all a great experience

Room Tip: Upper floor back side or south side
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed April 15, 2012

Just spent two days at this hotel as a business traveler. Highly recommend for those familiar with this mid-market business traveler brand. Very clean and well maintained property. Service was very good throughout hotel. Room was large with comfortable bed and thermostat control of heating and just overall well maintained. Very close and convenient to airport without being at the airport. $10 buffet/made to order breakfast was very good for this type of property. Can find no complaints. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012