“Beautiful trees and a gentle stroll.”

John A. Finch Arboretum
Ranked #19 of 103 things to do in Spokane
Reviewed August 20, 2013

What a shame the Arboretum lies between 2 highways/major roads. It was hard to hear the birds due to the traffic noise. But it was still worth the stop and time we spent looking at all the trees and shrubs. Make sure to pick up a guide sheet before starting out, there are lots of areas that can be missed if you don't wander around a bit to look for the various areas.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Our family has had many wonderful walks through this beautiful park. There are trees to climb, birds to watch, and picnics to be eaten! Weather you are a couple looking for a leisurely place to spend a couple of hours or a family with kids who have energy to burn, there is room for everyone! Bring your camera!

1  Thank TrishVernonDever
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This is a great spot to take a walk and see the Fall colors. Close to city center but feels miles away.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Free public park with lovely paths. Enjoyable year around but best in the fall. Grab some hot chocolate and walk on the crunchy leaves enjoying the crisp air.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

I'm new to Spokane, and this is one of the first places I visited (end June). First, as others have mentioned, the photo is not of the arboretum. The grounds are large, and I probably spent 2.5 hours walking at my leisure and taking photos. There are many very mature, beautiful trees that are grouped in kind. The grounds are a perfect mix of maintained yet "wild." The creek is my favorite part. My only criticism is that the specimens are not labeled well enough. Also, a big downside for me is the I-90 traffic and airport flight path noise - it was NOT peaceful sounding in my experience, but very noisy (and I hail from one of the largest cities in the country). It is very peaceful to look at, but the city noise was a distraction through at least half the park. I'm sure this is a modern problem, since the arboretum was established over 100 years ago. I had no trouble finding the location (several others mentioned that it's not easy to find). From downtown, take Sunset west and it will be well marked on your left after Government.

1  Thank elisabethia