“Nice hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Oxford Suites Downtown Spokane

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Oxford Suites Downtown Spokane
Ranked #3 of 46 Hotels in Spokane
Calgary, Alberta
“Nice hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2014

Our suite was nice and clean, with a partial view of the park. I asked for a room close to the pool, which we got. Our daughter (11) enjoyed the pool, which is surrounded by windows looking onto the walking path along the river. There is a small patio seating area just outside of the pool room, with a large window between the pool and patio. I liked that they always left a few beach balls floating in the pool, for the kids to play with. There is also a hot tub. We took advantage of the free drinks 5-9 p.m., two drinks per adult and two sodas per child. My husband likes beer, and the choices were Kokanee, Bud Light and Heffeweisen. We ate at the on-site restaurant one night, but it was nothing special. Prices were not the greatest for what we got, for example, $11 for a few chicken strips. I would recommend heading out to a nearby restaurant, as there were several within walking distance if you're able to walk. The downtown mall is also a reasonably short walk through the park, and it has a food court, Nordstrom, etc. Breakfast was okay. The selection changed a bit each day, but it's odd that they didn't have some good old fashioned toast (a pretty basic offering). There were only two dry cereals. The hot selections we tried included waffles, scrambled eggs (hubby says they tasted like the powdered kind), sausages. We decided to eat out for breakfast half of the time. The only thing that bothered me a bit about this hotel was the smell, which I assume is some sort of cleaning fluid - very perfumey, but I am sensitive to fragrances.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
Beaverton, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2014

The location was perfect, and so were the rooms. The bar/breakfast room downstairs was nicely decorated, even if without windows.

We really enjoyed being close to the fantastic river front. I now see the other positive reviews for this place, and couldn't agree more.

My son-in-law booked it and I didn't know what to expect, except the good location. What a great surprise! Now I am picking out other cities I want to visit based on whether this chain has a hotel there! This is not an experience I have had before.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
      Cleanliness
Albany, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2014

The hotel was really great - clean, spacy, well-located, and with a very nice staff. The hotel always offers two free drinks and a free breakfast buffet as well. We happened to stay there the night the hotel had to be evacuated due to a fire alarm, but it was all handled very professionally.

The next morning, we had breakfast, and a young woman named Theresa was in charge of the breakfast room, and she was awesome, making sure everything was stocked and working for a room full of very tired guests. She's a gem!

We liked it so much that we booked a room in an Oxford Suites at the next town we visited.

Room Tip: I only say it is loud and sleep quality was bad because there was a fire alarm at 2:30 and everyone...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2014

We were in town for a wedding and the Oxford Suites was the chosen hotel for out of town guests. From check in to check out, everything ran smooth. The hotel provided everything--free breakfast, 2 free drinks, nightly, free parking, free wireless, a business center, laundry room, exercise room, and so much more. Great location, beautiful views. A 10 minute drive to the airport, and the Spokane river running by the hotel allowing for scenic walks. Should we return, this is where we will stay.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
      Location
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2014

This hotel is a little gem. Not crazy fussy-fancy, but SUPER clean, modern, with amazing staff. The computer center is great - the location is PERFECT. There are gorgeous walking trails all along the river, right from the hotel - Get a King Executive corner Suite - they are on the riverside end, with a balcony overlooking the river and the parks, and a window on the other wall for tons of light. SUPER. Stayed a week, and loved every minute of it. Only complaint - something's up with the mechanicals of the elevator - they set off the fire alarm when I was there, and apparently it has happened before. Kind of a drag at 3:30 am.... But not enough to change my rating - 5 out of 5.

Room Tip: Get a river view executive king suite - amazing beautiful view and balcony Room numbers x27 and x28...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
      Location
2 Thank j t
Calgary
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2014

Room quality is excellent; staff is very friendly and accommodating. In particular, Mike and Jay are very helpful and personable. Exceptional value includes room, hot breakfast, and evening reception (2 drinks and snacks/ guest). Highly recommend this location - by the river, close to downtown (10-15 minute walk). Stayed for a week. Also, forgot a charger in the room, and the staff had put it into lost and found so that, when contacted, they were able to send it to us in Canada.

Room Tip: Rooms with a view of the river are great (especially on the 4th of July).
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Vancouver, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2014

I have stayed with them a few times at this location. My only bad experience is that the fire alarm went off due to some issue in the mechanical room. Right before I arrived a few days ago, another co-worker had to be evacuated due to another fire alarm. Not sure what is causing their problem but the fire department showed up and looked bored like this is normal. I would like to see this addressed as its now two occurrences that I'm aware of.

With that issue aside, I like the service and amenities they offer. A 2 drink (wine/beer) plus breakfast ticket are included in every stay I have with them. I think this type of service is a plus and cannot be overlooked.

I like they room layout. It is a comfortable hotel and has great access to the river path and downtown. It is worth the walk to your dinner location in downtown. Every stay here involves a walk through the old World Fair (1974) grounds along the river. The spokane river and its flood gates are worth the walk. You also have the clock tower and other things to see. If you have kids, even better. If it is summer, they should have bathing suits on as there is a great water feature I was even tempted to run through.

Location and services provided are my reason for 4 stars.

Room Tip: It is always good to get a room away from the elevator due to noise. Either side of this hotel are...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business