“Great bang for the buck”

Oxford Suites Downtown Spokane

-fast check-in
-spacious room
-efficient housekeeping personnel
-pleasant bistro personnel
-excellent pool and sauna facilities
-2 free drinks and free breakfast buffet ticket, per day, per person make it a great deal
-fast check-out

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank The_Maverick09
Write a ReviewReviews (1,403)

Reviewed April 4, 2014

We've have been to this hotel few times, great location walking distance to convention center, nice river walk, the room is clean, breakfast ok , evening reception drinks was great...can't say enough housekeeping staff, when I check out I forgot camera case with lens, front desk contact me less than hour after we check out, luckily we still in town came back and pickup... greatly appreciated ....

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

We love the location of this hotel. The staff is always pleasant and we have stayed here several times.

I made the reservation for a 5 night stay and requested a down river view which we had before. We got a view of the parking lot and the roof of the office portico.

The floor we were on was having new carpeting laid. For days we stepped over patches of torn up carpet and glue. The fumes were really strong. Not so bad for one night, but not ok for 5!

There were burn holes all over the carpet in front of the sink and this is a non-smoking facility. And when we checked out (a day early) our bill was incorrect.

I don't think we will be staying here again!

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank Illona C
WesternTrvlr, Manager at Oxford Suites Downtown Spokane, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2014

We are so sorry you were unhappy with your stay with us. Renovation was occurring during your visit, and we apologize for the inconvenience. Please know that we will do our best to accommodate your requests when, at the hotel, you are unhappy with or bothered by something. Just let us know. We value you as a guest and our General Manager, Tim Peterson, would like to convey his apologies personally. Will you please contact him at 509.353.9000? Thank you again for candid feedback. We appreciate it.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

I was also there during the NCAA tournament, but on business. Having booked through a discount hotel website, I was given a room by the elevators. The bed literally shared the wall with the elevator shaft and for 3 days, I listened to the elevators instead of sleeping, with no chance to move to another room. The window heating/AC would not allow for a constant "on" for the fan, just "auto", so it just kicked off and on all night. When I checked out, I was asked about my stay and I responded that I was unable to get any sleep. She merely commented on my room by the elevators, recognizing my room number, I suppose. No apology, no offer to come back, not even a mention that they hoped to see me again. Nothing. Not even a thank you. As I never complained or was unpleasant, I was surprised by this.

And so that's what they'll get from me: nothing and they won't see me again. While the place was clean and well appointed, customer service means a lot for business travelers and I saw none of it. There's a reason the bigger hotel chains get return business travelers and I'll stick with them in the future.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
WesternTrvlr, Manager at Oxford Suites Downtown Spokane, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2014

We extend our sincerest apologies. We pride ourselves on exceptional customer service, which is why our family-owned business has been able to compete successfully against the larger chains. We clearly did not meet your, or our, expectations. For that, we are truly sorry. Our General Manager, Tim Peterson, would like to convey his apologies personally. Will you please contact him at 509.353.9000? We hope you will give us another opportunity to prove that we can provide the hospitality services you expect and deserve.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

This hotel is close enough to downtown that it is easy to walk through the park to access the downtown core -- restaurants etc. The hotel staff were helpful and knowledgeable and made us aware that they would shuttle us back from downtown after our evening out.
The breakfast was better than a lot of places we have stayed and the complimentary drink in the bistro was a nice touch. Overall a good place to stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Stayed during the ncaa tournament. Awesome location. Amenities and value were off the charts. Loved the reception hour and service staff. Shout out to Tami and crew for great service. Mike the shuttle driver was phenomenal, made our stay most excellent.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed March 18, 2014

I planned to meet family and friends from Portland, Vancouver, Montana, Utah and Idaho for a special event in Spokane. There were a total of 15 guests in our party. Some arrived early, some late. We were recognized on arrival as Mike at the front desk was actively aware of the progress we made as some of our party would be arriving early. He was gracious, friendly & helpful. Vickie from the Bistro also was very helpful by making arrangements to assist with meal accommodations. The overall event was fantastic and all participants were extremely happy with the selection do hotels. That says allot when you have so many in the party. Thank you Oxford Suites!

Room Tip: My favorite choice is the two queens with adjoining rooms for multiple guests