“Home away from Home”

Oxford Suites Downtown Spokane
Ranked #3 of 46 Hotels in Spokane
“Home away from Home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

This is my second visit to the Oxford, and on both occasions I had an excellent stay. The hotel is centrally located next to River Park and you can practically walk anywhere you need to go (shopping, restaurants, picnicking, etc.). The rooms in the hotel are clean, well maintained and offer several amenities including a large screen television, microwave, and refrigerator. The hotel also offers a free breakfast buffet in the morning and evening reception with light appetizers and drinks.

My last visit on the 4th of July was exceptionally good as the hotel went all out for their guests. They provided an area on the outside patio to view the fireworks, extended their buffet and evening dinner reception hours to accommodate the holiday, and even provided a flag for our 3 year old.

I've stayed at other hotels along the river, but I really enjoy my stays at the Oxford.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank tikishark

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
Grass Valley, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

We stayed here twice. The bed was very comfortable, the room brimming with great amenities. We lacked nothing. The breakfast was good (not great, but good), the evening social hour was OK, and although not great I am hesitant to criticize since this feature isn't usually offered at other hotels. Cookies and apples on the counter when you check in, and a very friendly, helpful staff. The lobby is very inviting. We did not use the pool or related opportunities, but would have if I had time. The view was fabulous. Easy walk to good restaurants. Nice place to stroll.

Room Tip: Request a river view on upper floor. I requested a room far from the elevator since I find in genera...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LPorterRN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

Just steps from the pedestrian trail along the Spokane River into Downtown. Lovely, Clean rooms with evening reception. The FAMILY SUITE is perfect for slumber parties in January. Take a swim in the warm pool along the frozen river and frosty foliage!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jojo R
Highland, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

The website for this locale made it look ten times better than it actually was. The so called evening reception with "hors d'oeuvres" was cheap wine (they only have one brand at the bar at all times - Vendage), chunks of cheese with Ritz crackers and soup and beer. The morning breakfast was terrible. The eggs tasted processed. The room was pretty but the bed was rock hard. Oh and when I couldn't find the sheets for the pull out bed and called the night clerk "Richard" he told me to figure it out myself and hung up the phone on me. Irritated, I went to the front desk. Richard was there. He told me to go back to my room or he would have security kick me out of the hotel!!! Are you kidding me? $200 a night for this?? When I complained to the manager the next day I got a "sorry" and that's it!! They didn't even offer to comp the $15.99 movie we bought! Nothing!! The Holiday Inn Express we stayed in in Western Washington right before our stay at the Oxford was way better than this place for half the price. The only reason I gave this place 2 stars was because the room was nice and the view was great (could have done without the noisy bridge with traffic 24/7 though). We will never stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

What a nice and friendly place! Starting with check-in, we were made to feel so at home. The rooms were very nice and clean and the hotel is centrally located. We were told Oxford is a small family owned hotel chain that is closely overseen by the family. Great work! One of the nicest places we stayed in on our cross country trip.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Aiea, Hawaii
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

I was introduced to the Oxford when my son attended Gonzaga. Coming from Hawaii, I had no idea where to stay. I tried this hotel after some ok stays at neighboring hotels, but this is like home away from home, only better. I had a great time at the pool/sauna with beautiful views of the Spokane river and the centennial trail. It is the only place I will stay.
The cleanest hotel with the most professional, friendly staff. I won't stay any pace else!

Room Tip: I always stay in the King Suite. Very spacious and elegant.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Kirkland, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

I am taking the time to write this review because I think this place deserves recognition for being
a great place to stay when visiting Spokane. Located right on the river, it is in an ideal location for walking on the river front and also close to the stores. Our room was very clean, as was the rest of the hotel. The staff is friendly and accommodating. After we checked out, I was called by the staff right away and told I had left a ring in the room, so I was able to return for the ring before leaving Spokane. A great place for the price!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family