“Comfort and Great View”

Ranked #1 of 46 Hotels in Spokane
Grass Valley, CA
“Comfort and Great View”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

We stayed here twice. The bed was very comfortable, the room brimming with great amenities. We lacked nothing. The breakfast was good (not great, but good), the evening social hour was OK, and although not great I am hesitant to criticize since this feature isn't usually offered at other hotels. Cookies and apples on the counter when you check in, and a very friendly, helpful staff. The lobby is very inviting. We did not use the pool or related opportunities, but would have if I had time. The view was fabulous. Easy walk to good restaurants. Nice place to stroll.

Room Tip: Request a river view on upper floor. I requested a room far from the elevator since I find in genera...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LPorterRN

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Just steps from the pedestrian trail along the Spokane River into Downtown. Lovely, Clean rooms with evening reception. The FAMILY SUITE is perfect for slumber parties in January. Take a swim in the warm pool along the frozen river and frosty foliage!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jojo R
Highland, California
Reviewed June 27, 2013

The website for this locale made it look ten times better than it actually was. The so called evening reception with "hors d'oeuvres" was cheap wine (they only have one brand at the bar at all times - Vendage), chunks of cheese with Ritz crackers and soup and beer. The morning breakfast was terrible. The eggs tasted processed. The room was pretty but the bed was rock hard. Oh and when I couldn't find the sheets for the pull out bed and called the night clerk "Richard" he told me to figure it out myself and hung up the phone on me. Irritated, I went to the front desk. Richard was there. He told me to go back to my room or he would have security kick me out of the hotel!!! Are you kidding me? $200 a night for this?? When I complained to the manager the next day I got a "sorry" and that's it!! They didn't even offer to comp the $15.99 movie we bought! Nothing!! The Holiday Inn Express we stayed in in Western Washington right before our stay at the Oxford was way better than this place for half the price. The only reason I gave this place 2 stars was because the room was nice and the view was great (could have done without the noisy bridge with traffic 24/7 though). We will never stay here again.

Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

What a nice and friendly place! Starting with check-in, we were made to feel so at home. The rooms were very nice and clean and the hotel is centrally located. We were told Oxford is a small family owned hotel chain that is closely overseen by the family. Great work! One of the nicest places we stayed in on our cross country trip.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Aiea, Hawaii
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I was introduced to the Oxford when my son attended Gonzaga. Coming from Hawaii, I had no idea where to stay. I tried this hotel after some ok stays at neighboring hotels, but this is like home away from home, only better. I had a great time at the pool/sauna with beautiful views of the Spokane river and the centennial trail. It is the only place I will stay.
The cleanest hotel with the most professional, friendly staff. I won't stay any pace else!

Room Tip: I always stay in the King Suite. Very spacious and elegant.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Kirkland, Washington
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I am taking the time to write this review because I think this place deserves recognition for being
a great place to stay when visiting Spokane. Located right on the river, it is in an ideal location for walking on the river front and also close to the stores. Our room was very clean, as was the rest of the hotel. The staff is friendly and accommodating. After we checked out, I was called by the staff right away and told I had left a ring in the room, so I was able to return for the ring before leaving Spokane. A great place for the price!

1 Thank 450Joy
Missoula, Montana
Reviewed June 17, 2013

This is our second stay at the Oxford, Downtown Spokane. We were here about 10 years ago and loved it then. Since then, we have skipped around and used many of the downtown area hotels for comparison reasons. I have to say, excluding any premium mega high end hotel, the Oxford really is so nice. We just returned from a three day stay and rented a balcony room (not the executive room). We remembered it to be very nice and very clean which it was. The bed was comfortable, but does not have the pillow soft mattresses that many of the newer or refurbished hotels have. The bed was not super stiff either, making our nights there very comfortable.

We started out on the fourth floor but the first night was very difficult to sleep due to the ice maker churning every hour or so just outside our door. During the night, I went down to the front desk to ask if they could relocate us to another room and they seem delighted to help us. Scored a huge point for staff helpfulness there! We were transferred to a room just like the one we had been in, sans the sunken living room which was fine with us. We also were on the second floor instead of the fourth which again, was no problem. We still had a gorgeous view of the river and Riverfront Park.

The breakfast in the morning is easy to navigate and there are plenty of tables for everyone. There is staff who are very prompt in picking up plates and making sure the guest has been taken care of. This is no extra cost - I am sure it is included in the price of the room. The food was average - but satisfying.

Pool was beautiful and comes complete with a hot tub and steam room - all done in beautiful tile. There is nothing that feels second rate in this hotel, but it is not stuffy or placating to the guest either.

My husband and I would really give this hotel a big thumbs up and would encourage others to stay at least one time. The walk to Riverfront Park is easy and lots of fun. We stayed from Thursday night to Sunday and we slept great every night with the exception of the ice machine noise. It was quiet, clean and lovely.

We used guest laundry and had no trouble with that at all. The fitness room looks great - should have used it, but didn't. It's not big, but has what you need. Actually, the park nearby affords skateboarding, walking, running, and photo op's.

Room Tip: If you choose a balcony room, be sure to ask for one opposite the hall from the ice machine. The fou...