“The Joy of Business travel”

Oxford Suites Downtown Spokane
Ranked #1 of 46 Hotels in Spokane
“The Joy of Business travel”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Checkikng in on a Sunday knowing you won't be checking out until Friday is common occurance and one that often is met iwth trepidation. Not so with The Oxford Suites of Downtown Spokane. The rooms are clean and fairly large in todays market. The location offers easy access to most of Spokane.

The complimentary breakfast is in fact a breakfast. Most hotel offer a variety of high-carbohydrate fillers for breakfast. Not so at The Oxford. An actual balanced, healthy breakfast is served with enough variety to suite all.

What sets the Oxford appart is the staff. The friendly and engaging staff at breakfast and at the nightly reception, the front desk staff is professional, but not stiff, the manager is present and engaging at a wide range of operational hours. Its obviousley a team effort. From Michael (one of the maninenance men) to Tom the manager, Amber, Shanda, James et al... (I'm not great with names sorry). The whole crew, seen and un-seen, make Oxford Suites my choice for business accomidations when I stay in Spokane.

Room Tip: top floor is the quietest
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
Reviewed February 25, 2013

The staff is great, the drink tickets and breakast are awesome but the room itself leaves much to be desired. The first time we were here we had a nicer room and the bed was nice. This time still got a more expensive room for the king bed and it was absolutely awful; hardly slept. There was a thin blanket that im guessing was suppose to be a comforter and smelled of after shave The bathroom was awkward and soap smelled terrible...Sicilian orange, the only option.

Overall not worth the money. If they bought new nattresses id consider staying but the rest was so terrible I'd never chance it again.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank foggymorning
WesternTrvlr, Manager at Oxford Suites Downtown Spokane, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment and we are truly sorry that you were unhappy with your stay. Our General Manager, Tim Peterson, would like to extend his apologies to you in person and determine the suite where you were sleeping so that we can address the issue immediately. Would you consider call Tim at 800.774.1877? Again, we apologize for your experience and thank you for the candid feedback.
Rossland, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed February 7, 2013

When I first walked into the hotel I was pleasantly surprised! Beautiful entrance and greeted by friendly staff! The comp drinks and breakfast were great and enjoyed by all! We stayed there for a hockey tourny and the kids loved the hotel ammenities, especially the spa area! I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone and I will make it my one stop everytime we go and stay in Spokane. Great for families!!

The staff, Jared and hotel manager, Tim went over and beyond customer service when I lost my phone at the hotel. They quickly returned my phone to me which meant the world. Best hotel experience ever!

Room Tip: The view of the river is a must..so beautiful! But anywhere you stay, you can easily enjoy a coffee...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Kent, Washington, United States
Reviewed February 3, 2013

I have been here for four days, and would recommend staying here to anyone. The rooms are nicely furnished, and the staff is very accommodating. Lots of smiles, they offer two free drinks from the bar per night, and the bar staff is wonderful. Overall it's been a great stay, and my expectations have been exceeded. I'll definitely be back!

-Chris

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Grangeville, Idaho
Reviewed January 24, 2013

My husband and I stayed here mid week because of medical appointments in Spokane. We were given a reduced medical rate which was comparable to medical rates at nearby hotels. The room was very clean. The queen beds were comfortably firm with crisp beige sheets, a pleasant change from the stark white linens of most hotels. The peach-colored towels were plentiful and fluffy. Orange-scented soap in pump dispenser was at the sink. Although other reviewers have disliked the sink being in the main room and not in with the toilet and shower, we like this arrangement. Not always the case in hotels, the counter was large enough for toiletries and the coffee maker. My husband liked the dispensing containers of bath gel, shampoo, and conditioner mounted in the shower.

The included morning hot breakfast is served cafeteria style in the lower level dining room, which is roomy and nicely appointed. Although I would have enjoyed a sweet roll (a treat when traveling), the hot foods were well cooked. The scrambled eggs were real and not the watery, reconstituted slime that passes for eggs at other hotels. The sausage selection each day was cooked just right. Also available were breakfast potatoes, hard-boiled eggs, cinnamon apples, mixed fruit, bagels, mini muffins, yogurt, cereal, juices, fresh fruit (to go, if desired), and the usual beverages. Real silverware and china dishes made eating more home-y. The included evening reception, which we ate one night, was plentiful for a meal. There were two kinds of hearty soup, a pasta salad, salsa and chips, crackers, fresh fruit, and hot beverages. We did not use the two-each-guest free drink coupons, but that was a nice option. There is a pay bistro menu available with salads, hot and cold sandwiches, wraps, entrees, and desserts. A full bar is located just of the dining room/bistro space.

Our dog was traveling with us (one of the reasons for selecting the Oxford Suites) and there was plenty of room for his dog bed on the floor. A one-time $25 pet fee (to pay for the extra cleaning) was charged. The hotel is located next to the Spokane River which has a landscaped concrete pathway along it. Several trash containers are handy for depositing doggie waste bags.

The service was terrific. The food servers were very friendly and helpful. Needing to take breakfast food back to our room (my husband had had some eye surgery), one of the servers carried two trays to our room for me (I was using a cane following some recent surgery). The evening before I had needed to take the dog out for his last potty break before bed about 9pm. My husband usually does this, so I was a bit concerned about being out after dark, even though the parking area and area around the hotel are well lit. I let the front desk staff that I was going out (being in a city, there are could be unsavory characters about). He called another hotel employee to stand outside while I took the dog out. I felt much safer having someone else outside. The staff really seemed to care about our comfort.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Lisa D
Reviewed January 23, 2013

My first stay at this hotel. I felt the reviews and reccomendations are over rated for this hotel. I think it is a bit in need of some updating in the rooms. My check in was delayed as I was listed under a male name, not even close to my name, had to go to my car (it was a very cold night) to get my confirmation information. The breakfast bar was good but have had better. Children said the hot tub was too small for the number of guests, however there was several hockey teams staying there. Probably will stay at my usual hotels in the area. But glad I tried, could have had better or equal for less price. Also charge for toothbrush!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
libby
Reviewed January 22, 2013

From the pleasant (and patient) front desk, to the absolurely wonderful schuttle service, to the good breakfast - all this and impeccably clean rooms, we had a most enjoyable stay.
Very convenient to downtown and North area schools, shopping etc. HIGHLY RECCOMENDED

Room Tip: Higher floor was very quiet Front desk/reservations clerks were very helpful-visit with them if you...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family