WINNER WONDERLAND

Oxford Suites Downtown Spokane
Ranked #3 of 46 Hotels in Spokane
“over rated”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

My first stay at this hotel. I felt the reviews and reccomendations are over rated for this hotel. I think it is a bit in need of some updating in the rooms. My check in was delayed as I was listed under a male name, not even close to my name, had to go to my car (it was a very cold night) to get my confirmation information. The breakfast bar was good but have had better. Children said the hot tub was too small for the number of guests, however there was several hockey teams staying there. Probably will stay at my usual hotels in the area. But glad I tried, could have had better or equal for less price. Also charge for toothbrush!!!

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
libby
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

From the pleasant (and patient) front desk, to the absolurely wonderful schuttle service, to the good breakfast - all this and impeccably clean rooms, we had a most enjoyable stay.
Very convenient to downtown and North area schools, shopping etc. HIGHLY RECCOMENDED

Room Tip: Higher floor was very quiet Front desk/reservations clerks were very helpful-visit with them if you...
Everett
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

I decided to stay at the Oxford Suites on a trip with my girlfriend and mother to visit the WSU Spokane Campus. The hotel advertises a 24 hour convenience store, so my girlfriend and I went down to the lobby at around 10:30 PM to buy a bottle of water. When we walked out of the elevator, we were met by an irate concierge, Devon. He informed my girlfriend and me (both of us are 22 years old) to return to our rooms immediately because the convenience store was closed. He told us that all children need to be in their rooms unless accompanied by an adult. I tried to explain to him that I was, contrary to his immediate assessment, a legal adult. He rolled his eyes and told me that I need to get back to my room. When I replied that I couldn't believe this was how I, a paying customer, was being treated, he told me "if you don't like it, then you can leave." Well thanks, Devon. We are leaving. And contacting your supervisor. To make matters worse, Devon continued to disrespect my family when he spoke to my mother in a short and condescending manner. He tried to justify his unacceptable behavior by stating that he has seen my girlfriend and me walking around, which is apparently a crime at the Oxford Penitentiary, er I mean Oxford Suites. He refused to apologize to any of us. This sort of behavior has no place in the hospitality industry, and I sincerely hope that my family and I are the last customers Devon has a chance to disrespect.

1 Thank Carl M
WesternTrvlr, Manager at Oxford Suites Downtown Spokane, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Our General Manager, Tim Peterson, has attempted to contact your mother to offer our apologies in person. Please ask her to call Tim, at her earliest convenience, at 800.774.1877. We want each of our guests to feel welcomed and clearly, we did not do so in this situation. Thank you, again, for the feedback and for choosing Oxford Suites.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

I've been here for a few days and it is an awesome place to stay. The room itself is perfect with a view of the river. Every Night they give you vouchers for free drinks at their bar that serves food as well as free appetizer I think. I'm glad I am calling this place home for two weeks!

• Stayed January 2013
Lawrence, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

We arrived very late at night on the Amtrak train and were quickly checked in. Our room was large and clean. We pulled the solid curtain shut and went to sleep. In the morning we enjoyed the free breakfast and good coffee. During our stay, we used the self laundry room several times which was wonderful and we bought our detergent in the lobby shop. The location is fabulous and we walked downtown several times and to a basketball game at Gonzaga. The hotel is right on the river and the walking paths. It was truly a home away from home.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Missoula
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

Another great stay! Great customer service, clean rooms, good food. Love the shuttle service. Only downside was the large group of hockey players.......added quite a bit of noise and chaos to the hallways and the pool which was overwhelming for our small children. They did quiet down at night and we were able to sleep well.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Palmer, Alaska
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

Clean rooms, pleasant staff, bouncy, booming floors with kids running the halls at all hours...So don't plan on sleeping in at this place. Seems to cater to the sports-crazed set and the hockey moms taking their kids on tour.

Room Tip: We were on the 2nd floor, but you could hear everything on the floor above and below us.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple