“Oxford Suites was great!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Oxford Suites Downtown Spokane

Oxford Suites Downtown Spokane
Ranked #4 of 46 Hotels in Spokane
Lawrence, Kansas
“Oxford Suites was great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

We arrived very late at night on the Amtrak train and were quickly checked in. Our room was large and clean. We pulled the solid curtain shut and went to sleep. In the morning we enjoyed the free breakfast and good coffee. During our stay, we used the self laundry room several times which was wonderful and we bought our detergent in the lobby shop. The location is fabulous and we walked downtown several times and to a basketball game at Gonzaga. The hotel is right on the river and the walking paths. It was truly a home away from home.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
Missoula
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Another great stay! Great customer service, clean rooms, good food. Love the shuttle service. Only downside was the large group of hockey players.......added quite a bit of noise and chaos to the hallways and the pool which was overwhelming for our small children. They did quiet down at night and we were able to sleep well.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Palmer, Alaska
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Clean rooms, pleasant staff, bouncy, booming floors with kids running the halls at all hours...So don't plan on sleeping in at this place. Seems to cater to the sports-crazed set and the hockey moms taking their kids on tour.

Room Tip: We were on the 2nd floor, but you could hear everything on the floor above and below us.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank jim d
Walla Walla, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

What a great hotel in a great location!! From here I could walk to the convention center and downtown ... well, in nice weather. The room was large and very comfortable. And I had a very good night's sleep on the most comfortable bed. Everything was spotlessly clean. Really enjoyed the complimentary evening reception and the complimentary great breakfast buffet!! Also like their new Bistro where I can have an evening meal without going outside. And their 24/7 shop is very handy for that late night snack. On top of that, all the staff is so pleasant and helpful. Definitely a wonderful value in a beautiful facility.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view room.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Washougal, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Oxford Suites in downtown Spokane one night recently during a quick visit to the area. We chose this hotel for its location downtown on the river, and the positive reviews on TripAdvisor... and we were not disappointed!
It had snowed recently and was pretty chilly outside, and the fire in the lobby was very welcoming. The front desk staff checked us in quickly and were quite pleasant.
The room looked very new, modern and clean, and the wifi worked great. We went for a quick run along the river towards Gonzaga University... a gentleman at the front desk provided us with a map and outlined an easy 3-mile loop. It was still chilly but the sky was clear and we had a lovely run. After a nice, hot shower, we headed downstairs (one floor below the lobby) for our complimentary beer or wine before we walked to dinner.
We sat at the bar, and the bar tender was gracious and quick. Since my husband and I both travel by ourselves often, we appreciated how the bar tender made easy conversation with some solo travelers. She made everyone feel quite at home. I almost forgot to mention that the 2-drinks-per-person also included hor d'euvres... two kinds of soup, veggies, dip, cheese, crackers, chips and salsa. Although the soup was from a can, everything else was fresh, and one could easily make the hor d'euvres into dinner!
After dinner, we enjoyed our very comfortable bed immensely.
In the morning, we enjoyed the complimentary breakfast downstairs, in the large area next to the bar. Breakfast included juice, coffee, tea, hot cocoa (from an automatic dispenser), fresh fruit, cereal, toast, bagels (plain), scrambled eggs, sausage and hash browns. There was plenty of seating and the hot food servers kept up with demand.
Check out was easy. We will definitely try to stay here again the next time we're in the area.
A few more things... the hotel's location is easy to get into and out of by car, and parking is free. The pool and workout facilities looked nice, but we didn't get a chance to try them, so I didn't feel that I could review them.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank PJMS_11
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Excellent hotel had a fabulous girls getaway. Pretty good location, great hot breakfast in the morning. Loved the rooms with the sliding doors was amazing to share. Very accommodating and friendly staff. Can't wait to go back next year for our annual trip!!

Room Tip: If there are snorers in your travel party the room with the sliding doors that gives the privacy of...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I was traveling for work and was a guest at Oxford for three weeks. They treated me me like I was a part of their falmily. I would often visit with the staff and they would inquire about my day, sports and advise warbrobe choices according to the weather. I have never received such service at a hotel, I was truly thankful and appreciative. They offer complimentary drinks in the evenings and breakfast every morning. When I ordered room service it was timely and the service was superb. I didn't have a car so the hotel shuttle would take me to dinner and to other locations in Spokane so I didn't have to catch a cab. I highly recommend and when I go back I'll be a staying at Oxford Suites Downtown!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business