We just got back from spending 5 nights at the Oxford Suites while we attended a Church Women's gathering at the Convention Center.
We were greeted warmly at the airport by our shuttle driver Bob, who pointed out sites and gave trip suggestions as he drove us to the hotel, which we very much appreciated. He even offered to shuttle us to area restaurants during our visit, if needed.
Because of an early flight, we arrived at the hotel before noon, but were still able to promptly check in. We had a King suite, which really wasn't a suite to us, one room with a small half wall separating the seating area. It was not large but the space was used effieciently so it still very much met our needs. It had a king bed (comfy!!) , a comfortable couch, and a handy fridge and microwave. The sink was in the room, with the cozy (as in small) bathroom that just had the tub and toilet. That worked out well for us 2 friends as one could shower while the other used to sink area.
The desk staff was consistantly professional and helpful during our stay. Although the included breakfast was not gourmet it more than met our needs, with scrambled eggs and cubed home fries served daily with alternating meats (2 days ham, 2 days link sausage, and 1 day patty sausage), and varying breads. Fruit, yougart, cereals and little muffins or danish, were also available daily. We had friends staying at the Doubletree and Red Lion and they cost the same, or more and did not have an included breakfast at all. We also could have 2 drinks nightly at the evening reception, which also had veggies and dip and pasta salad available. Again nothing gourmet, but way more than what the neighboring hotels offered.
When we rented a car toward the end of our stay, they took us to the airport to pick it up and even had free parking at the hotel (another thing the neighbors didn't offer). We also liked the smaller size of the hotel, 125 or so rooms compared to 300 or more of the neighbors I previously mentioned.
Although not quite as close to convention center as the neighbors, it was a quick walk on the Division St bridge or a slightly longer but more pleasant walk through the beautiful park, which we felt very safe walking in, even in the evening. If I would ever come back to Spokane, I would definitely choose to stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Exceptional has never been so affordable! Overlooking the Spokane River, you’ll enjoy easy access to Downtown Spokane and River Front Park. Complimentary amenities include Full Hot Breakfast Buffet, Evening Reception, High Speed Wi-Fi, Parking, Indoor Pool, Spa, Sauna, Steam Room & Fitness Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Priceline and getaroom.com so you can book your Oxford Suites Downtown Spokane reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oxford Suites Downtown Spokane Hotel Spokane
- Oxford Hotel Downtown Spokane