“Vegans Rejoice”

Ranked #61 of 898 Restaurants in Spokane
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 29, 2014

One of the best restaurants anywhere for vegan food. However, non-vegans will find many tasty dishes on the menu too. We always take visitors to the Saranac, and they've all been impressed by the good food, reasonable prices and friendly service.

Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

We went on week night and it was moderately busy. The server was very nice and friendly. I had the salmon and it was very good. The fish portion was a good size and the curry sauce had a nice kick that settled on the tongue after a moment without being overwhelming. The vegetables were good but there were not very many.
I wound up ordering a cup of black bean chili after the main dish because I was still hungry. The chili was fantastic.

The service was a little slow but the server kept coming by and refilling drinks so it was good. I was probably just really hungry.

Reviewed May 24, 2014

First of all, the atmosphere is noisy and busy....so if you are looking for a quiet place, this isn't it. BUT if you are looking for a bargain and good food, go to the Saranac! First of all, Happy Hour is 3-6pm during the week and ALL DAY SUNDAY!!! The $5 offerings are fantastic! We had the chicken quesadilla which was huge (dinner sized) and delicious. Everything looks made to order which I enjoy. The chipotle salsa that came with the quesadilla was brilliant. The service was great too. We saw people at the next table eating macaroni and cheese and of course wanted some. But didn't want a whole order. The waitress told us that we could get a cup for $3.00. So we ordered it and it was amazing!!! That little soup sized up gave all 3 of us plenty to enjoy without feeling like we had blown our eating plan. The we found out they had rhubarb crisp for dessert. We couldn't resist as we LOVE rhubarb. It was also incredible and plenty for 3 to share. This restaurant is in a neighborhood which is undergoing a renaissance of sorts and is becoming very trendy. I highly recommend this spot for food and drink just not for ambiance.

Reviewed May 21, 2014

I was on business in the area and tried Saranac. They have a great happy out menu from 3:00 to 6:00 p.m. The hummus plate was huge for $5 and very good. The portions are very generous and they not expensive. I had the hummus plate, a large spinach salad (sharing with husband) and the meatloaf dinner, which was excellent, for $25!! I would definitely eat there again when in the area. Our waiter was very friendly and helpful. The service was very good!

Reviewed May 9, 2014

We only had one waiter and he was so personable. Every one of us was absolutely delighted with food and service and his ability to handle special requests in a timely fashion. The flatbread was so good, we couldn't finish it and had dinner that night at home. We will return. I don't think our Friendship Force group has ever had better food and service all with one waiter...Every order was served almost within 10 minutes and the looks of everything was perfect. The place is quite large and we were in an area away from the windows but at Wednesday midweek, the place was 3/4 full of young people who all were happy and watching TV and chatting.