“Great eats”

Ranked #51 of 903 Restaurants in Spokane
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Excellent food, much of it locally sourced and carefully prepared. Right next to the Magic Lantern Theater. Perfect for a fine dinner before or after an interesting movie!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Loved the old building that houses The Saranac. We knew we had picked the right place - the joint was jumping with many locals. The beer selection was excellent and our server was ON IT. Man, I was impressed with his knowledge of the menu, his willingness to assess our needs and effortlessly recommend items. We had an excellent pretzel appetizer. Who would think that would be a really great starter? I would skip the pork satay - not really what one thinks of as satay - mostly sliced pork tenderloin with two dipping sauces. Okay, but not up against the rockin' pretzel. Their homemade potato chips were great. One thing - they don't offer french fries, so be forewarned if you have kids who want those. The udon noodles and the whole wheat penne had great flavor. Highly recommend!

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Looked TA for a pub or restaurant close to our hotel. Saranac just a couple of blocks away. We will be bringing our vegetarian daughter to Spokane this summer so this was a chance to hunt for an appropriate eatery. The service was attentive but not intrusive (thanks Emily). We had three appetizers from the happy hour menu. All made us happy. We ordered the house wine which was tasty and went well with appetizers. We will make this a regular stop when we are in Spokane.

1  Thank hdelbucc
Reviewed March 14, 2013

During Spokane restaurant week, I went to Saranac with a group of people. This group included one infant and a woman who was pregnant. The staff was extremely helpful allowing us to move tables not once, but twice to better accommodate our party.

The food was also excellent as always, but the service was what really made the evening.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

Perfect combination: close parking, great food, moderate prices, and off the same lobby as the Magic Lantern Theater! We recently got tickets to a film festival movie, so I scoped out where we could park and then eat at a nearby restaurant before the movie. On-street parking was pretty full, but we parked only a block away (east, across Division St.). Our first time to Saranac and we want to go back! The meals are prepared from scratch and are very tasty and attractive. The menu was somewhat limited but offered a variety of dishes. I had a special, Shrimp Fettucine with Alfredo Sauce . It was quite attractive and flavorful. I had a little trouble digesting the rich sauce and had to remind myself to choose a lower fat meal next time. My friend had Meatloaf (with a scoop of mashed potatoes and some vegies) and said it was very good. We couldn't believe the beautiful presentation. Who thought meat loaf could look so elegant? The brown gravy was sparingly spooned over the meat (not smothered!). I enjoyed a glass of wine. My dinner was $13 and the meat loaf was $11. Lots of vegan dishes, some gluten-free. We walked out the door, across the lobby, and up the short staircase to see our movie! Perfect evening, all in one spot. We'll definitely do this again.