“This Ain't San Diego, But ...”

Atilano's Mexican Food
Ranked #403 of 896 Restaurants in Spokane
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed May 28, 2013

The address here (tripadvisor) is not correct. The real address is 12120 N. Division, by Fred Meyers. Atilano's is sort of like a fast food joint, although very clean and bright, and a HUGE menu with photos on the wall behind the counter. The toughest part was making up my mind. The cashier had English as a 2nd language (I think) but was very nice, and for me, I loved the Mexican radio station coming through the overhead speakers. It is a MEXICAN RESTAURANT, for goodness sake! I will say that I have left many stores in the past, without buying anything because of the godawful "music" being played.

Anyhoo, Atilano's signs and advertising say theirs are San Diego's Best Burritos. Now I may not be Siri, but this ain't San Diego, it is Spokane, where there are some Mexican food places, but I've only found two that I really like, and Atilano's is one, in part because of the variety, the quality, and the prices -- best around. And finding spicey hot dauces and salsas in Spokane? To most of the people here, mayonnaise is too spicey (I lived in New Mexico for a couple of years).

So my ONLY minor criticism is that I ordered a chimichanga. It was huge, and good, but I requested beef and the shredded beef was a little too moist. The real downside was that it came with guacamole spread on top, then sour cream on top of that. Those spreads defeated the purpose of a CRISPY chimi. I would order it again, maybe a diffrent filling, and WITHOUT the crisp-destroying spreads.

My wife had her usual, a bean and cheese burrito. Her comment: She liked the beans better at our other favorite Mexican place. I will return to Atilano's however, apparently solo.

There are newer reviews for Atilano's Mexican Food

Reviewed April 8, 2013

This place has the best mexican food at fast food prices, but tastes just like a 5 star resturaunt! Forget taco time or taco bell, this is the place to get the best and cheeper than those other places!!

Reviewed February 12, 2013

What a find, extremely good authentic food. We stumbled on this by accident and it has turned in to our favorite "fast food" more wholesome than the usual and great prices!

Reviewed January 29, 2013

This could be the best Mexican restaurant in Spokane. The portions are huge and the prices are low.

I tried the Carne Asade burrito. It was terrific and large enough that I should have saved half for tomorrow's lunch. Unfortunately it was so good I managed to eat it all.

I'll definitely eat here often.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

After trying to find a good mexican taco shop here in spokane we finally have something close to what I was used to in southern cal.

The carne asada street tacos are the best around. The steak is actually grilled and it appears to be either skirt or flank steak! Other places in the area seem to use a cheaper meat like top or chuck and it has no grilled flavor to it.

the beans were good..the rolled tacos were okay but I think there is better in the area.

The horchata also was just so so but overall its great to have something close to, but not better than, Robertos in this area!

1  Thank bill C

Been to Atilano's Mexican Food? Share your experiences!