“Good Pizza, Good Salmon”

MacKenzie River Pizza, Grill & Pub
Ranked #139 of 898 Restaurants in Spokane
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: The first MacKenzie River opened in downtown Bozeman, Montana in 1993. For families and friends seeking a reasonable and relaxed dining experience that delivers quality and impressive menu variety in a fun and distinctive atmosphere, MacKenzie River is where approachable gourmet pizza and elevated comfort food blend with vibrant customer service. For twenty years and counting we have listened to our customer's appeals in order to continue innovating our menu (over 70 unique items to choose from); build on our service philosophies; and upgraded atmosphere to provide enjoyable and affordable standards. We also strive to make an even lesser footprint on the planet and promote a sustainable operation. Our Grill & Pub menu includes fantastic new options that simultaneously compliment and challenge your old favorites. You now have the difficult (and thoroughly enjoyable) task of choosing between not just our gourmet pizzas but other intriguing items like unique flatbreads, juicy burgers, fish tacos, Kentucky bourbon bites, specialty cocktails and much more. FRESH is our focus! Majority of our menu items, both healthy and indulgent, are made from scratch using the freshest of ingredients. We’ve even redesigned our entire kitchen layout by adding new equipment to accommodate this considerable transformation. Beyond the kitchen, the modern-rustic atmosphere is filled with refurbished and hand-crafted wine barrel and beetle kill lumber furnishings, antique outdoor sportsman finishes, picturesque panoramas from renowned photographer Craig Hergert, and historic photographs that depict the very heart and soul of the Rocky Mountains and the communities we are privileged to serve.
Reviewed January 18, 2014

I have eaten in a MacKenzie River Pizza in Missoula, MT and Spokane, WA. the quality of food is consistent. The atmosphere and the theme suits me and my hubby. We love looking at the large murals in the Spokane branch. The staff are courteous and professional. This is one unique restaurant franchise that's serious about table space! I like the large booth which makes eating for me and my husband (who used to play football and need lots of room!) comfortable. My favorite is the blackened salmon. I hope it stays forever in your menu!

1  Thank MimieW
Tina L, General Manager at MacKenzie River Pizza, Grill & Pub, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

Don't worry, we don't have any plans to remove our delicious Blackened Salmon from the menu anytime soon. Thank you for visiting us and for the great review!

Reviewed December 6, 2013

I have eaten at Mackenzie River Pizza all over in MT, and was super excited to see it come to Spokane. We went there for late evening drinks and apps. Service was great, food was great. Looking forward to going back many times.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

I have been here twice in the past two weeks. It has been a little bit empty both times but maybe a little later than the normal lunch crowd. No complaints, about that though. Love the lodgepole bread sticks. The wings are above average. And the pizza has never let me down. The service has been consistently great. Both times I have come it has been with good friends and we all left more than satisfied!

Reviewed November 5, 2013

I took my daughter out for lunch and we chose to eat here, we hadn't been in over a year. She ordered the pepperoni pizza off the children's menu, it was dripping grease. I ordered the'special' which was a huckleberry steak salad. Huge disappointment! I was given a bowl with wilted salad greens, about 4 pieces and tomato, 4 slices of cold, leftover, chewy beef without any seasoning or flavor, tons of blue cheese and green onions after I specifically asked my server if there were onions and he had reassured me there wasn't. Where were the huckleberries? There was a small side of huckleberry vinaigrette. I make better salads at home, I was very disappointed and going it hard to pay for such low quality food. My family won't be back.

1  Thank Momma315
Reviewed October 27, 2013

For a Saturday night at 6 PM, the place wasn't very busy. After eating there, I know why. The service was terrible. We waited 30 minutes for an appetizer and were told the kitchen was backed up because of a large party coming in that had pre-ordered. We had the Rollino appetizer and it was okay. My sons shared a large Stockman pizza and I had the chicken alfredo pizza. The crust was like a cracker on the bottom and doughy on top. Papa Murphy's crust and pizza is so much better and so much cheaper. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone.

1  Thank kcschueler