“Great Value”

Hong Kong Buffet
Ranked #633 of 926 Restaurants in Spokane
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed June 26, 2013

The sushi is amazing and the other selections are very extensive. This was the third time we have visited and have really enjoyed it; well done.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

I don't like writing negative reviews, but in this case I feel I have no choice. No only was the food in the buffet an unsafe temperature, two of the employees got into a physical altercation. We visited the Hong Kong Buffet in November. It was the first and last time we'll go. The food looked ok, but it was cold. I tried several dishes and none of them were hot, some weren't even warm. There is nothing more terrifying that taking a big bite of sweet and sour chicken and realizing it is colder than room temperature. I had to spit it out. Two people in our party ended up getting sick afterwards. We left and later called the health department and reported the inadequate food holding temperatures. However before we left the hostess and one of the servers got into a fist fight. The male server tried to hit the female hostess and missed. She punched him back in the face and he was dragged away with a bloody nose. They sent him home because it appeared he started it, but the hostess stayed on duty. We couldn't believe what we were seeing. I'm sad to say, it was the worst restaurant experience of my life.

1  Thank Digital_Vagrant
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We travel worldwide extensively, virtually all business. Eat at many Asian/Chinese restaurants. Hong Kong Buffet in Spokane Valley provided an excellent value, good assortment, fresh and good tasting buffet. The staff was very helpful & smiley. The buffet had numerous selections, familiar named items with somewhat different approach to the tastes, and an overwhelming soup bar that rules!
As clean as would be expected for a large-volume buffet, rest room and tables were kept clean and tidy.
I recommend a try.

1  Thank Sciguybm
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Previous reviews are mixed. I met friends there. Typical Chinese buffet. Food was mostly hot, good variety of dishes, quality fair. Seemed a bit pricey at $10.49, especially since my friend's 12 and 9 year old paid the same. I avoided the sushi due to previous reviews.

Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

I was a little startled to walk right in to the food counters. There are double doors, so I have to assume (I hate that word) it is ok since they are in business. The food was really pretty good. Nothing was dry or over cooked. The service kept our water and tea full. The lady at the front counter, I do believe, had the best attitude and personality we have ever seen at an Asian restaurant. She was so real and friendly. We would definitely eat here again.

2  Thank JStepanski