“Chinese rice on sushi...need I say more?”

Ginger Asian Bistro & Sushi Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Ginger Asian Bistro & Sushi Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #103 of 926 Restaurants in Spokane
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Pass on the sushi, and if you must eat here because you are meeting friends that like Ginger Bistro, then stick to the cooked Chinese food. You probably shouldn't ever have Chinese rice on sushi, but this is Spokane and I was willing to accept the rice gaff for decent sushi, until I received sushi made from fish that wasn't sushi fresh. The owners and "chef" are Chinese and they do o.k. cooked Chinese food...not great.

1  Thank NWfoodie50

Reviewed September 13, 2013

I've ordered from other popular Chinese restaurants in Spokane and been highly disappointed. I'm not joking when I say we threw an entire order in the garbage one night from one of the popular take-out places, because it looked and tasted like a total bucket of yuck. I have never been disappointed with Ginger. I'm so glad they are in business! The portions are very generous and completely delicious - tangerine beef is one of my favorites and reminds me of our favorite Chinese cuisine in Washington DC. The sushi is also excellent. I did not care for the Bonzai roll, but it was likely personal preference because my husband liked it fine. I think I will stick with the cold selections next time. But there are so many choices on the sushi menu, you could really go all out! It's a bummer that there isn't more parking out front, but you could park in the neighborhood nearby and walk over if it's really busy.

1  Thank Gryffin987
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Looking for some really good sushi?? Super fresh, fantastic, well-prepared sushi and their phad thai is excellent as well.

The service was very good - friendly, prompt, and she had good suggestions on wine pairings. Small little restaurant and not much parking and it definitely gets busy (the food is that good!!). Great atmosphere.

1  Thank Shel S
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Delicious meal served with excellent customer service made for a very nice evening with the family. Happy hour menu provided a good selection of sushi, dinner entrees, and beer/wine/sake. The dynamite roll was true to its name: dynamite! Nice atmosphere, very friendly wait staff, and super speedy kitchen. Definitely planning to return again!!

Reviewed April 25, 2013

Went to Ginger last night to get some takeout. I have had good experiences here before and it is obvious that the people sitting in the dining room or at the counter get better service than somebody waiting for takeout. I waited 30 minutes for 5 rolls, 4 of which were California rolls. Servers were too busy to talk to me and when I was asking if I could pay for my order while it was being made, he actually walked away. Not good. The servers seemed crazy busy with the 10 tables in the entire restaurant. Also I saw people at the sushi bar receive their orders when they came in 15 minutes after me.