“Perfect location, excellent breakfast, pretty good rooms”
Review of Red Lion River Inn

Ranked #24 of 46 Hotels in Spokane
Reviewed January 7, 2011

Nice enough rooms & excellent location along the river...easy walk to Gonzaga or downtown. Loved the breakfast buffet.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank mess0277
There are newer reviews for Red Lion River Inn

Reviewed December 1, 2010

We got a fantastic rate for this hotel. It was a great location. Close to the main shopping on N. Division. Also close to the performance centre, within walking distance. Close to shops and restaurants. It was very clean and quiet. Staff was friendly. Will definitely stay there again. Also easy to find and easy access.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank VancouverWorldsites
Reviewed November 16, 2010

Clean property, Great Location,Nice King Bed & Good Food! Stayed here twice and will return

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Chestunes
Reviewed November 11, 2010

My recent stay at the Red Lion River Inn proved to be a pleasant experience. After some of the reviews, I was beginning to wonder if this was a wise choice. However, there was no smoke smell, sheets were clean, decor was good. I traveled with my dog and she was treated like royalty. Would I stay there again, you betcha.

• Stayed: November 2010
1  Thank bem110652
RedLionRiverInn, General Manager at Red Lion River Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2010

Thank you for your recent comments regarding your experience at the Red Lion River Inn. We appreciate and value the feedback you posted and are very appreciative of the positive review. We try very hard to exceed our guest expectations and are pleased that your stay reflected this. I am also happy to see that your dog had a great visit. Our convenient access to the Centennial Trail and the Spokane Riverwalk make it the perfect location for dogs or if you just enjoy walks along the river.
Thank you again and we hope to see you soon.

Mike Castro

Reviewed October 22, 2010

I'm sorry but there are times when we stay in hotels that i would like my bedding washed and new sheets put on, that is sometimes why i stay at nice hotels, so someone else does the sheets and i know they are clean!!! Well we excuse me soiled the sheets and we did not make our bed so that they would come in and make the bed up with new sheets. Guess what, we came back at 9:00pm at night exhausted from a long day out and about and dirty soiled sheets! My husband said he wondered if they made the bed before we came in for the sheets looked sort of wrinkled not like they normally do when you stay in a hotel,. So beware, if you stay here ask them if they changed the sheets!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank luv2travel1058
Reviewed October 14, 2010

I was here for a company training. The location of the hotel was good. For the price of the room I thought it should have been cleaner. I found hair and other dirt that was not mine. It also had a slight musty odor. The first night was sleepless. They had a big group who was very loud and disruptive through out the night. I did not complain about the not so clean room, but I did address the noise issue the next morning. The staff at the front desk were apologetic and credited the price of the room by $25 for that night. They said it was not the first complaint about that group and said if I had any further noise issues the next night to please call the front desk and security would handle it and they would move me to another room if necessary. Great service! The second night was alot quieter and I slept great. When I checked out the staff asked how my second night went.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
RedLionRiverInn, Manager at Red Lion River Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent visit to the Red Lion River Inn - Spokane, WA. We appreciate the feedback regarding your stay and want to sincerely apologize for the cleanliness issus you encountered in your guest room and the noise from other guests. We are truly sorry for this.

I was very pleased to learn that the front desk did address your concern and make an appropriate adjustment to your bill. I was also pleased that the rest of your stay more was more enjoyable than the first night.

Thank you again for your comments and we hope to see you the next time you travels bring you to Spokane.

Best Regards -
Mike Castro

Reviewed August 25, 2010

Our family of 5 stayed at this hotel for one night. It is outdated, and dirty. After checking in, and locating our room, I was upset at how dirty our room was. The bathroom was filthy, with dirt and hair piled up in the corners. The tub looked filthy and was stained. In the room, there was dust around the perimeter of the carpet, and dirt and dust piled up in the corners. My infant son dropped his pacifier and it rolled under the bed. When I bent down to retrieve it, I found his pacifier, a film of dust, and trash (yes, trash!) under the bed. The carpet was filthy, as evidenced by the grime that my son's socks had on them after crawling around on the floor. Unfortunately, the hotel is old and in need of a thorough cleaning and remodel. I woudln't stay again.

On the upside, the staff was friendly and honest. After checking out, I received a call. The staff member stated that they had found a small wallet of mine. It contained grocery and store savings cards, and I didn't realize I had left it. They called me to let me know, then mailed it to my home. I really appreciated their honesty and friendliness.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
RedLionRiverInn, Manager at Red Lion River Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2010

Thank you very much for your comments regarding your stay in August of this year. We appreciate your feedback and can assure you that they have been forwarded to our housekeeping department for detailed follow up. We have also forward your positive comments about the staff of the hotel and especially the restaurant.

We are in the process of upgrading and improving the hotel and are in the midst of an extensive renovation. Never the less, that is not an excuse for the lack of cleanliness you encountered during your stay. Please accept our sincere apology for your experience.

Thank you again for bringing your concerns to our attention. It is with comments like yours that help us to improve our services overall.

Best regards -