“A Horrible experience”
Review of Red Lion River Inn

Red Lion River Inn
Ranked #23 of 46 Hotels in Spokane
Reviewed September 5, 2006

Where to begin...We arrived to a parking lot that made us uncomfortable, not well policed or patrolled. Upon checking in we went to our room to find that there was a six pack cooking in the sink, surprise the room was occupied. We were than given a second room that had not been serviced. The third room was acceptable, but when we came back with our bags it had been given to other guests. The fourth room was fine. Throught out all of this we asked to see the manager, who was "occupied, schmoosing travel agents". By the time we got our room, there were no dining options so we had to re-experience "The Hood" which was also known as the parking lot. The next afternoon we returned to find that our room had not been made up, and housekeeping was gone. We stamped our feet sufficiently that the room was eventually made up. Whenever we went to the desk, it was like they had no idea who we were or what was going on. I spoke to the Manager, or who they said was the Manager and he was unaware of any problems.

Although we were booked for five nights, we cut and ran the next morning to another property and had a much better experience.

I have traveled extensively, and this was without a doubt the worst experience I had ever been subjected to. The property is just flat worn out, the towels would be pitched out at a car wash or maybe that was where they were procured.

Will we be back, not a chance. Would we recommend the property, not a chance. Have we kept this a secret, not a chance.

I have traveled extensively

• Stayed: July 2006
    • Check in / front desk
8  Thank redwineplz

Reviewed August 24, 2006

I'm surprised at the negative reviews, this Red Lion is completely renovated top to bottom. Granite and tileas well as new fixtures in the bath, super comfortable mattress, top quality linens, the works. Staff was friendly and not a mention of Priceline, just, "you are prepaid". This is my second stay in the last couple of months and I couldn't be more pleased. Also parking is free, no small deal in the city. I didn't have occasion to use the restaurant so no comment there. Hope next time I'm in Spokane and use Priceline I'll get the River Inn again.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
3  Thank David R
Reviewed June 22, 2006

For the $ amount, I was expecting a pretty nice hotel. This hotel is average, at best. There are no elevators, no business center and/or convenience store to pick up necessities. The staff was very friendly; however, it could not make up for the noise and lack of services. To top it off, I ate at the restaurant and spent 18 hours in bed due to food poisoning. The response from the front desk? "I'll have to make sure that they are more careful about that...."

Spend a couple extra dollars and stay somewhere else........

5  Thank jkingspencer
Reviewed September 6, 2005

This hotel sits in the middle for everything.Close to Gonzaga..sits on the river,easy to get to northown.Great location to River Park Square and opera house. Wonderful beds !!! I took my kids when they were young..now I take my grandkids.

• Stayed: August 2005
3  Thank eat my dust
Reviewed September 2, 2005

We recently stayed here for a family gathering. We check in early and were surprised to find our room was ready. Unfortunately when we got to our room, our room looked like it was not cleaned- towels were used, pillows had someone else's hair on it, soap was used etc. We called the front desk and asked them to have our room cleaned again and that we would return later. After touring the surrounding areas we returned 5 hours later and no one cleaned our room. We called down again and the front desk said someone would call back right away- no one did so we had to go downstairs and get some help. After alot of fumbling around and passing the blame (the management was really blaming housekeeping- yet management should not do this in front of guests but actually take responsibility since they are in charge), someone finally came- although it took a while. Also, there was alot of activity/noise going on down the halls with what seemed like frat parties and spilled over food trays in the halls that had not been cleaned up- I watched the same food tray sitting on the floor that no one picked up for 36 hours. Upon checkout, we were charged for something that we did not use. The receptionist did not let me even look over the bill initially to verify all charges but took my credit card -so I asked her before she put the final charges on to let me look at the bill. I did find an error. I politely told this to the checkout person, but she stated that it was on our bill so we used it. I told her that I did not use that service and could they remove the charge (a very small amount) - she proceeded to argue with me (I thought that with customer service- the customer was usually right) and after going back and forth, she finally removed it after glaring at me. I will never come back to this place ever again. It was not even worth what they told me was the discounted price. Unprofessionalism all the way.

• Stayed: August 2005
8  Thank Lisa L
A TripAdvisor Member
Bigfork, Montana
Reviewed July 21, 2005

This place is located right on the other side of the river from downtown Spokane. I wasn't all that thrilled with the hotel and the price was a little steep. Yes, it's on the river, but in order to see it, you have to walk outside. There aren't really any views of it from the hotel, or at least good views. The lobby isn't much and had some flies flying around in it. The colors in the rooms are a little dated, especially on the doors. The rooms are comfortable though and the beds were terrific. The staff is a little weird, but they keep the place clean. There are two outdoor pools. One is the standard rectangle with an 8 foot deep end and the other is a free-form pool with a 6 foot center. They are very nice to swim in and are close to most of the rooms. The hot tub isn't much. It's very shallow and not all that warm. The hallways were a little dark and the ceilings were low. The outside is just there, not all that attractive, but they did have some pretty flowers. Don't get me wrong, this place isn't a hole, it's just a place to spend the night. I would recommend staying two blocks closer to downtown and a few bucks more at the Red Lion Hotel at the Park. I've stayed there quite a few times and enjoyed it very much. You can also use all of the facilities at the Red Lion at the Park if you stay at the Red Lion River Inn. Breakfast was ehh....just a couple of muffins, cereal, dry pastries and a beverage. Just something to eat. Nice location to everything.

• Stayed: July 2005
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 24, 2005

We booked a 3-star hotel on Priceline, and we were awarded this hotel. I read these reviews and became concerned that we would be disappointed. Far from it! My husband and I were very pleased. The setting is gorgeous -- check out the riverside patios with heat lamps for cool nights, and the lovely glass-enclosed breakfast room with river view. The rooms were clean, spacious, well-kept with very comfy bed and very quiet. The parking lot was packed, but there were no inconveniences. The staff was professional and pleasant. Continental breakfast was free -- consisted of a ten foot buffet of pastries, cold cereal, juice, yogurt, coffee served at table. It was more than enough for us. Location is central and close to Gonzaga U.

• Stayed: April 2005, traveled on business