“I liked It”

Ranked #24 of 46 Hotels in Spokane
montana
“I liked It”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

For the price ($50 on priceline) this is a good deal.......in its day, this place was probably awesome.....a little aged, but has everything and then some.....tennis court, outdoor pool, a really nice workout room, nice bar, restaurant, and free wi-fi......room was clean and it had a flat screen tv which I like......location is great....right in the heart of the downtown area of Spokane.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank mtripguy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
Spokane, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012

I have stayed at both the Red Lions in Spokane now and I prefer the Park one better. It was a nice hotel and I did get a GREAT price on there club website. The hot tub didn't work and there was no indoor pool (for winter here, and no indoor pool?). And the beds didn't seem as nice. Oh, they were still wonderful beds, and maybe it was just the impression I got from being disappointed about no pool or hot tub (which I was really looking forward to). The reasurant was VERY GOOD. I had the salad and onion soup combo for dinner, best onion soup I ever tasted. The band in the bar was pretty good, alittle loud, made my back teeth rattle a little and they didn't know ANY Jimmy Buffett, but still understandable. They did tell me about all the drawbacks when I was checking in and I didn't think it would make sure a big differance to me, and they did give me the oppertunity to go to the Park, but I stayed. I would stay here again. One of the GREAT things about this place is they allowed my dog in the room with me and then put me on the bottom floor with a door to the outside. They even had a doggie gift bag...yes it was a pick up bag and a doggie bone, but it was the thought. But again, rooms were clean, comfortable and nice, food and drinks were great and the people were helpful and friendly. It was a good over nighter.

Room Tip: Order the Onion soup...its the best you will have in your life!!!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank traveler195555
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012

After reading a few other travelers reviews of this Red Lion location I was a little bit afraid of what this hotel was going to be like. I am happy to say I was very, very impressed/happy with my stay! The girl at the front desk, Brittany, was very friendly, the bed was soft and comfortable, the hotel restaurant makes a great steak and vegetables with an impressive happy hour menu, and they have live music on Tuesdays! I'm in Spokane for business once a month and have been staying at the DoubleTree or Hotel Lusso downtown, but based on this experience I'll be here a lot more in the future!

• Stayed December 2012
2 Thank ScheminWillieBeamin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2012

They don't mention only "seasonal" room service, if you like stained carpet and bedding with an eighties flower theme stay here, I made a reservation for 4 nights after 2 nights the marijuana smell was so strong I had to check out, and no refund for the the other 2 nights! I would encourage families never to stay here!

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Dwimber
RL_Customer_Care, Coporate Customer Care Department at Red Lion River Inn, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
We value each and every one of our guests and I truly apologize that we failed to provide you the best possible service. We are very displeased to see that there were some areas of concern regarding cleanliness in your guest room and we will certainly address your concerns with our housekeeping staff.
Thank you for your feedback you are a valued guest and we hope to have the opportunity to provide you better service in the near future!
Kennewick, Washington, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

I booked this room with hotels.com expecting a clean comfortable room for a one night stay. The front desk was very friendly. The room however was not friendly at all. The smell of mold/mildew was over whelming. I requested a room change and was told "we are booked for the night, we could place an IONIZER in your room for a couple of hours to see if that helps." I usually stay at Red Lion motels in Spokane and have always had a good experience with them. I was very disappointed this time. Especially when they were unwilling to refund my money for the room. I will use caution the next time I book with them. I recommend to stay away from the Red Lion River Inn and consider staying at the Red Lion at the Park.

Room Tip: Request to see room before first.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
RL_Customer_Care, Corporate Customer Care Department at Red Lion River Inn, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
We value each and every one of our guests and I truly apologize that we failed to provide you the best possible service. We are very displeased to see that there were some areas of concern regarding the bad odor in your room.
We do appreciate your feedback so that we are given the opportunity to address your concerns. We thank you very much and we hope to have the chance to serve you better in the near future.
Kind Regards
Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012

The location along the river is very nice in the summer, but the accommodations are quite poor. We stayed two nights and had to switch rooms for the second night. We were told that the second room would be nicer but both were tired and old. The carpet was stained and the room smelled stale. The worst part, however, was how noisy the hotel was both nights. The walls are paper thin, and it sounded like an elephant was in the room above us. In the morning, there was not enough hot water for two showers. Wow.

To the hotel's credit, the staff is friendly and there is live music most nights in the restaurant. The breakfast was good, and the room price was affordable. Unfortunately that doesn't help a person get a good night's sleep.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
RachelAndrade, Manager at Red Lion River Inn, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you so much for your feed back regarding your most recent stay. We have some great updates coming in the next few months to our hotel that we are really excited about. I truley apologize and hope that you will give our propoerty another chance in the near future.
We were so glad to hear that you enjoyed the location, staff, great music and food we offer!
Thank you again for your feed back and we hope to see you again.
Vancouver, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

This was the perfect end to a long day of driving. The room was clean. The distance from the parking lot was less than some places I have stayed due to the layout of buildings. They accepted our pet easily and we had no issues with the staff. The closeness of restaurants was another big plus. This was a good place for us.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple