“Gonzaga College visit”
Review of Red Lion River Inn

Red Lion River Inn
Ranked #23 of 46 Hotels in Spokane
Reviewed October 22, 2012

For the most convenient location when visiting Gonzgaga University this is the place to be. We didn't rent a car and walked back and forth to campus (10 minutes along the pretty river path).The River Inn is not the cleanest and could use some freshening up but we are willing to over look these things for a weekend for the Family Fall visit.
For a step up in accommodations the Davenport is wonderful. We have stayed there twice but there you are giving up the ease of being on campus in minutes.

Room Tip: building 6 is closest to campus
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank mhsh

Reviewed October 12, 2012

I stay at Red Lions almost exclusively when I can. I had to fly out really early the next morning, so I stayed here and took the shuttle. My wife and I had concert tickets at the Knitting Factory as well. That night, I tried their shuttle for the first time. It worked flawlessly. I was really worried we would be waiting, and perhaps be late if there were a lot of flights going (their priority of course), then we would have waited, but as it ended up, we got there within minutes.

The next morning was just as easy for the Red Eye Flight I had. I was only disappointed that I had to leave earlier than they opened the restaurant for breakfast. It was included in my room, but I missed out. Dont forget to tip your shuttle driver. They get you there safely, and it would cost you a bunch more for a taxi.

Staff at Front Desk were really nice and helpful. I find that if you ask nicely, they are just as nice back. Maybe a recommendation for others based on some reviews I have read.

Room was fine, bed was comfy, and that is the reason I stay at Red Lions....the beds are consistently good for a restful nights sleep.

I wish we would have had time to eat at the restaurant as well. It looked like a nice view and atmosphere next to the river. Lots of walkers/runners/bikers on the trail right next to the hotel, so if you are one that enjoys that, it would be nice to take advantage of this great trail.

Have a nice stay when you book here!

Room Tip: You might want to get a room close to the main desk. Ours was in the back, and we walked through ha...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Brad H
Reviewed October 1, 2012

This is one of my favorite Spokane hotels, right downtown and right on the Spokane river. Easy access from I-90 using the Division Street exit will take you right to the hotel. Nicely remodeled recently it's an excellent place to stay and enjoy Spokane. Rates are reasonable and the lounge and restaurant are good.

Room Tip: Pay a little extra and book a riverside room for the views. Also, this is a very long hotel made up...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gary G
Reviewed September 30, 2012

My husband booked this hotel on a Hotwire hot deal for our family of four. We paid a very reasonable rate. I was somewhat reluctant about the hotel because of some negative reviews but as it turns out, our stay was very good. We would give it 3.5 if we could. Front desk staff were friendly, welcoming and efficient. Our room was absolutely okay..clean and didn't seem worn out. It did smell musty or stale when we entered...maybe they need to open the windows when making up the room. Beds were comfortable. tv was older style but worked fine. Overall cleanliness was very good...I'm fussy about that. We were in bldg 6 which is farthest away from the lobby. We were glad because there is a long hallway that connects the buildings and it would be noisy having people walk by all evening. We could hear our upstairs neighbor walking around and heard two sets of people walk by in the hallway at night (doors don't stop hallway noise). Was glad room doors don't slam noisily like many other hotels. Other than these, it was a quiet pleasant stay. We didn't use pools or spa so can't comment on them. Would definitely consider this hotel again..nothing wrong with it.

Room Tip: Second floor room in any bldg. bldg 6 is quieter but is a ways from the lobby..okay if you don'...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 26, 2012

I found this on priceline, and I'm glad I did because it was a good deal. As other reviewers have stated, I probably would be less satisfied if I paid full price.

The room actually had some nice fixtures (Kohler faucets/tub, granite in the bathroom, patio door), but the room needed a good cleaning/refreshing. If they spent time doing this, I think the room would have been perfect! The carpet was dingy, curtains need a clean, etc.

The only other complaint is that the hotel is multiple buildings, and it feels like you're in an apartment complex. Because the desk clerk said they've had problems with car break-ins, I parked near the main building but had to walk a ways to my room 3 buildings over. This is inconvenient if you are by yourself and have to make a few trips!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank bethana
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Booked this hotel based on pictures shown on the internet. It looked like a decent place being next to the river and also having a restaurant with outdoor seating seemed appealing. We have a family of 4 and the first thing that happened when we opened the door was both kids saying it smelled like smoke. It was suppose to be a non smoking room. I didn't smell smoke but I did smell the usual musty smell that hotels sometimes have. The people above us walked like a heard of elephants and our room we noticed was directly across from the workout facilities. It was also right next door to an employee break room and adjacent to the utilityand laundry rooms so there was constant noise outside our door. Needless to say it was difficult to get any sleep. Upon checkout my husband told the front desk clerk of our displeasure with our room and how we did not get any sleep for 3 nights. Her reply was "Oh sorry", "I will let managment know". -Really is she going to let management know???
I told my husband he should have asked to speak to a manager, but he just said well we will never stay here again!!! When we got home my husband also notice a charge for $10 on our bill and when he called to ask what it was for, nobody could answer the question. They said they would have to research and call us back.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
RachelAndrade, Front Office Manager at Red Lion River Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback regarding your most recent stay at our hotel. On behalf of the hotel, please accept my apology for the poor service you experienced. This is not typical of the service offered our property, and I am confident that if given a chance for a return visit, you would have a different experience. We appreciate the feedback, and will use it to help improve the services that we offer. Again, thank you for taking the time to make us aware, and I do hope to see you as a guest in the future.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

I stayed in this hotel overnight after a long rode trip before catching a plane early the next morning. I found the hotel on-line and was pleasantly surprised at the friendly service and the restaurant which was very nice for a one night stay. It has a very nice dining patio on the river for dining in good weather.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple