“Old musty, in need of update”
Review of Red Lion River Inn

Red Lion River Inn
Ranked #24 of 46 Hotels in Spokane
Reviewed August 28, 2012

I booked this place via Priceline (paid under $50 for 1 night) and it was listed as 3 stars but I beg to differ. The property is sprawled out so you could have a room quite far from the lobby/pool. I had a room in the farthest building for 10 minutes (I asked to be switched because the non-smoking room smelled like smoke) - I noticed that the hallways were extremely hot (blowing hot air into the hallway on a hot day) and there were only stairs to the second floor (no elevator so beware if you need this).

The staff was very nice about switching me to another room - opening onto the pool (which is very small). The second room smelled musty and like that rental car smell (feet). No fridge in room, free wifi.

It is adequate for 1 night of a road trip but I would not return nor recommend it.
The staff is nice and quick to help but the facilities are just old and need an overhaul.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
RachelAndrade, Front Office Manager at Red Lion River Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2012

Thank you very much for your comments regarding your recent stay. I understand how frustrating it can be to have to change rooms shortly after you checked-in and then to be greeted by hot air blowing in the hallways on a warm day is not a pleasent welcoming either. I was glad to hear the Front Desk was nice and quick to assist you with changing rooms.
Please accept our sincere apology for your experience. We appreciate your feedback and can assure you that your comments have been forwarded to our Housekeeping and Maintenance departments for detailed follow up.

Thank you again for bringing your concerns to our attention. It is with comments like yours that help us to improve our services overall.

There are newer reviews for Red Lion River Inn

Reviewed August 23, 2012

Great Place to stay! The staff was excellent and the whole place was very clean! Location was amazing, drinks outside the lounge next to the river were great. The place was easy to get to and find,, not only being centered right in town which makes everything so accessable. I do wish they had refridgerators in every room.. that would've been a ton of help for us. And when we were there only one pool was open, which made it very crowded.. but it was clean and well taken care of.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank t o
Reviewed August 16, 2012

The staff at the Red Lion Inn at the Park were very friendly, remembered my name quickly and kept the experience in the hotel balanced. I stayed eight days for a conference so I was able to see multiple staff shift changes and the hotel in an overall capacity. My only concern was with banquet service staff, but I shared my reviews with management and hope this will have improved by the time I visit again.

Room Tip: I loved the view of the pool from my room at night with the blue lighting from the fourth floor was...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank MsLa-Tica
Reviewed August 4, 2012

We were happy with this hotel. We had a second-floor room with a river view in Unit V (five). I would highly recommend and upstairs room in one of the end units since they are farther from the road and the restaurant/meeting rooms. We didn't use either pool or tennis court, but they looked clean and maintained. Nice dinning area outside by the river and river walk. Take the river walk to the site of the 1974 Worlds Fair, very nice.

Room Tip: Stay in one of the end units upstairs with a river view.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mom56CA
Reviewed August 4, 2012

We arrived early for check in and were accomadated by the friendly front desk staff. Every staff persomn we met from maintainance, cleaning staff, wait staff and various mgrs were always friendly and smiling, eager to help at any time. Our stay was perfect and would recommend to anyone. The happy hour prices for food and beverage were very good. Try the natchos

Room Tip: If you have business at Gonzaga try and get a room at furthest east block. Adjoins to campus and a v...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank brookdj1
Reviewed August 4, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Red Lion River Inn and our experience was nothing but positive. Check-in was a breeze and we did like our room. It was very clean and the bed was very comfortable as well as the pillows. We ate dinner in the lounge. We both had the best ribeye steak. Uriel was our server and did an outstanding job. I used the fitness center and walked on the treadmill. The treadmills are equiped with HDTV'S and if you would like to listen to what you're watching you must purchase a set of headphones at the front desk. I wasn't aware of this and would have done that had I known in advance. It's okay...I still enjoyed my walk. We did not use the pool so I can't comment on that. We ate breakfast at the cafe and Briana gave us above and beyond service. She is very outgoing and takes a lot of pride in her work. Thank you Briana and Uriel for making our visit to The Red Lion River Inn and enjoyable experience.
Next time we need a place to stay we will definetly return to the Red Lion River Inn.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank katilynn
Reviewed August 3, 2012

We loved this hotel ! The location is perfect and the rooms are really nice. Amber was cleaning our room and it was spotless every time. They have coffee in the lobby in the morning. The pool was great very clean. The second pool was closed because it was cloudy and needed to be refilled. I'd rather have no pool than a cloudy one great decision by management. We did get a deal through Hotwire but would pay full price in a heart beat!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family