“No complaints for me”
Review of Red Lion River Inn

Red Lion River Inn
Ranked #23 of 46 Hotels in Spokane
Reviewed April 18, 2012

Entity was well staffed, clean and over very good.
All staff seem to take the time to make eye contact and listen.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Todd W

Reviewed March 29, 2012

not sure why I'm writing the review, this is the average low cost motel in spokane, nothing memorable other than the price and good staff.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank abhishekmehra
Reviewed March 29, 2012

Central location on the river, within walking distance of the river park and downtown. The property is a little past its' prime, but still quite okay if you get a good price. Windows and sliding doors are a little insecure, and could use replacing. The beds appear to be fairly new and are comfortable. Superb fitness area.

Room Tip: River side is the best side.
1  Thank robbcross
Reviewed March 28, 2012

We usually stay at the Holiday Inn on the Rock,but they were remodeling. Well lucky us, as we saved over $20 per night staying here. We came for a follow up appt. on my husbands ear surgery and wanted to spend the St. Pattys' weekend in Spokane. We booked a king river view room and when we arrived they had us in 2 queens, I guess due to the fact that the Women's basketball tournament was going on that weekend. We expressed our concern that we booked the room ahead of time, and the desk clerk had us changed over in no time. She even called our room later to make sure it was perfect for us. The best part was that we were by the park and walked everywhere we needed to go. We even got complimentary breakfasts with our stay. I am not taking about continental, I am talking a full breakfast buffet. It was wonderful! Everyone there is so nice and the staff seem like they really love working there.

Room Tip: Make sure it is looking over the river on the 2nd floor.
1  Thank MarDogLeavenworth_WA
Reviewed March 23, 2012

At check in, my husband told the clerk I would be joining him the next day. She "forgot" to pass this on. When I arrived, the desk clerk refused to let me into our hotel room, even when I showed my photo ID. My husband was at a funeral, and unavailable.
Exhausted from hours of travel (we live in Alaska), I hauled my heavy suitcase up the hill to the RL at the Park. There I was treated with kindness and given a quiet place to rest and wait for my husband. The next day, when we requested to talk to the GM, the desk clerk said she could not find him.

Room Tip: Pay the few extra dollars and stay at the Red Lion at the Park.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank HJ S
Reviewed March 20, 2012

This low-rise hotel stretches along the Spokane River, on a paved trail system that includes both sides of the river and numerous footbridges - the front desk will give you a map. We walked east past Gonzaga University, across a footbridge over the river, then on the Centennial Trail back west to Downtown and to the Falls.

The hotel restaurant is nicely situated on the river, offers fine meals reasonably priced. Our room was furnished in the comfortably familiar Red Lion style, while the lobby and restaurant looked more recently done. A quiet, comfortable night's sleep; attractive location; pleasant, efficient service; and quite reasonably priced.

1  Thank llanepdx
Reviewed March 19, 2012

I have nothing bad to say about our two night stay at the red lion river inn. I have stayed at both Spokane Red Lion property's the rooms are exactly the same from my experience so if your not interested in the indoor pool etc the river inn seems like a better value. They are clean the staff is friendly and the beds are comfortable plus the location is a 10 minute walk to downtown. Works for me !

Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple