“Don't let the oldish decor put you off, the service makes up for it!!!”

Hotel RL by Red Lion Spokane at the Park
Ranked #29 of 46 Hotels in Spokane
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed February 21, 2011

Lots of choice to stay in Spokane, but this one came recommended for it's location and facilities. Booked for one night originally in a queen room, were upgraded at check-in to a king room. Amazing how far a simple request and manners will go!

Our room was in a quiet part of the hotel, however I can see how summer could be noisier with the pool being open. The decor and overall feel is a little dated in some parts, but the staff were very helpful and friendly, and this made up for any old styles.

We booked a package deal that included parking and breakfast, and this appeared to be well worth it. The buffet breakfast was pretty standard, but I did get to use my first automated pancake machine! :-) Our first morning was in the middle of a long weekend, and staff struggled a little with the volume of people, but after a short wait once or twice we were fine. Again the staff went out of their way to make use feel welcome. Unlike other reviewers I was charged correctly on my bill for breakfast.

Fitness centre was in good condition, TV monitors on all the machines and muzak. Also on hand was fresh fruit, filtered water dispenser, lots of towels and antiseptic wipes for cleaning the equipment. Some free weights, along with treadmills, ellipticals and stationary bike.

Used the indoor pool a couple of times and it was basic, a little busy but functional. The shower in the mens washroom was broken when I went in, but this was promptly attended to after I passed on the issue.

After booking one night, I am still here and this will be our third night...we must like it. Did I mention the location, just a short walk across the river to downtown? Nice river view from our room too.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mark E
CarlFletcher, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel RL by Red Lion Spokane at the Park, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2011

I am so happy to hear that you received this level of service during your recent trip to Spokane. AS you say its amazing how far a good attitude and service can take you and we certainly believe in that. Comments like these are what keeps us all going and providing the service you have come to expect from Red Lions. Thank you for taking time to let us know how we are doing.

Carl Fletcher
Guest Relations Manager.

Reviewed January 23, 2011

I stayed for 1 night with my 2 young boys ages 3&5- we had a poolside room to begin with that stunk like mildew.
We complained ASAP and the staff was great and helpful at helping me pack up our stuff and move us to another room.
Still a bit dirty and outdated looking(and these were the more upscale rooms)- noisy fan- and noisy being by poolside.
The breakfast was supposed to be free with our stay and my credit card was charged- the food was horrible as was the service. They were low or out of pancakes, waffles etc...and we ended up eating elsewhere after. And they charged my credit card-
Oh and parking was REALLY pricy.
Pool wasn't anything to write home about- good for teens or older kids but not good for young kids or toddlers.
Bed wasn't very comfy and although the location couldn't be better it was just too gross and questionable on cleaning standards we won't stay our next visit.
Too bad as location is PERFECT for touring the riverfront area.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank imjustagirl

I am very concerned about the experience you had with us and can say that these comments will not go unnoticed. Reviews both bad and good help us to know where the issues lie with guests that do not receive our normal level of service. I am terribly sorry that you had such a stay with us and can only assure that this will not happen again. We hope that if even given the chance to stay with us again that we will show you the kind of service I know we can provide. Thank you so much for leaving this and allowing to grow from it.

Carl Fletcher
Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed January 17, 2011

Went to Spokane for two nights to see a play. We always stay at Red Lion in the cities we visit. We had a great room next to the pool which would have been great if it would have been summer. Nice indoor and hot tub. The hotel is ery convenient and adjacent to Riverfront Park as well as downtown. Very convenient to INB Performing Arts Center. Had great Bedand slept well no outsider inside disturbances.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 13, 2011

I stayed at the Red Lion for 5 nights, attending a conference.
The lights in the room took a while to "warm up", but once they were on, it was very bright. There was free wired and wireless internet.
I recommend their breakfast buffet (though you do have to pay extra).
The location is in walking distance to downtown Spokane. You can go out the back, walk across a bridge, and be right in downtown. The falls are a short walk, too.
They have a shuttle bus to the airport, but you should reserve it ahead of time, since it fills up. The airport is a good distance away.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed December 12, 2010

Like most hotels in this chain, they're a little bit worn and are showing significant signs of wear and tear. However, the rooms are clean, the staff is very friendly and professional, and I continue to stay at their hotels.

This hotel is great for a businees trip as you can leave the car here and easily walk to the convention center and downtown. I will stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Randal S
Reviewed October 25, 2010

My husband, children and I took a quick trip to Spokane on the 16th. We stayed at this hotel and not only was it noisy but they charged 14.00 for parking. I also received an additional 37 dollar charge on my card and have left no less than three messages asking what it was for....with no call back. Not staying there again.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DCRonan
Reviewed October 13, 2010

I have stayed at the Red Lion at the Park several times. On my last stay I booked through Priceline. The room they put me in was very small, only a double bed and on the first floor which is actually the basement area. Next time I will pay the additional cost for a regular room. I love that you can walk to to Riverside Park, the Opera House and the covention center in only a couple of minutes from the hotel. The staff is always friendly. They are now charging for parking, $15 per night, I hated that. You have to use a scan card to get in and out.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends