“Money NOT well spent...or authorized”

Hotel RL by Red Lion Spokane at the Park
Ranked #29 of 46 Hotels in Spokane
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 25, 2010

My husband, children and I took a quick trip to Spokane on the 16th. We stayed at this hotel and not only was it noisy but they charged 14.00 for parking. I also received an additional 37 dollar charge on my card and have left no less than three messages asking what it was for....with no call back. Not staying there again.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DCRonan

Reviewed October 13, 2010

I have stayed at the Red Lion at the Park several times. On my last stay I booked through Priceline. The room they put me in was very small, only a double bed and on the first floor which is actually the basement area. Next time I will pay the additional cost for a regular room. I love that you can walk to to Riverside Park, the Opera House and the covention center in only a couple of minutes from the hotel. The staff is always friendly. They are now charging for parking, $15 per night, I hated that. You have to use a scan card to get in and out.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 12, 2010

I think this hotel is a solid 4-stars. That said -- I had to ding them a star for my check-in and their new parking policy.

Everything else was great -- beds, bathroom, linens, meeting space, bar, lobby, grounds.

But, no rooms were available at check-in (3pm). I was told to have a seat and I'd be given a call when my room became available. I went into the bar to sit (lugging all of my luggage with me.) An HOUR later, I went back to find that my room had been available for awhile and no one had bothered to call me. When I mentioned this, the front desk agent looked uncomfy, stammered and then moved on to the next part of the check-in process without saying anything. I had an event to attend that evening with a set start time, and losing the hour in my room made maintaining my punctuality very difficult.

Also, they now charge a ridiculous fee to park... in an outdoor parking lot.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
CarlFletcher, Manager at Hotel RL by Red Lion Spokane at the Park, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2010

Good day!

I wanted to take the time to say that we are pleased that your overall stay at our hotel was a good experience for you. We are less than please that you encountered some of the service issues you did at check in and wanted to apologize for the time cost and the lack of communicating with you. We hope you will return to us and let us show you are dedication to excellent service. Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to leave your feedback.

Carl Fletcher
Corporate Manager

Reviewed September 12, 2010

What a beautiful view of the Spokane River and great proximity to the Convention Center. Very nice walking trail behind motel. Lovely room, small tv but very nice in most aspects. What a relief ~ comfortable beds, nice linens, granite counters, tile bath, quiet rooms, zzzzzzzz

• Stayed: September 2010
1  Thank Sunlemming
CarlFletcher, Manager at Hotel RL by Red Lion Spokane at the Park, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2010

Good day Sunlemming!!

We wanted to take the time to thank you for leaving us feedback and your positive experience with us. It is very nice to hear that our efforts to give the highest levels of service we can are paying off. We will continue to enhance our performance to ensure that we give the best experience each and every time you choose one of our hotels. It is a very busy world and we appreciate your efforts to write us. Come back and stay anytime!

Carl Fletcher
Red Lion Corporate Manager

Reviewed August 19, 2010

We stayed three nights at this hotel while on a shopping trip to Spokane. The third night was free making the price of the whole stay very affordable. Contrary to the previous review our room was impeccably clean and I never had to wait in line for service at the front desk. Parking was free, you just have to ask for a pass when you check in and there was no problem finding a place to park at any time. The pool was great to chill after shopping all day as the weather was hot. We had no problem finding towels (hint...they are inside the door to the pool) but loungers were in short supply and the water was a tad cold. The location is great. Right on the Centennial trail and an easy walk through the park to downtown.

As for negatives, the breakfast buffet was really over priced and the food in general not very good. It was better to eat off the premises.

I would definitely stay here again as long as the third night is free.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 9, 2010

Where do I start...the toilet that looked like my 5 year old cleaned it, the moldy shower curtain that looked like a petri dish or the sheets that were so old I could see through them. I can't forget the dead bugs, hair in the shower or used glasses in our room...nor would I forget the amazing dim lighting that made me question my eyesight. Let's see, then there was the constantly non-existent pool towels and the wait in line at the front desk for any question you had. Staff was friendly if you could find one or once you waited half your life in line to speak to one. Oh, and you pay for parking although there may not be a spot to park in once you get back from dinner. We were promised certain amenities that just didn't happen and also had problems with our promised, discount Silverwood tickets. Thankfully the manager adjusted our room price since we ended up paying for full price tickets on the theme park web site (which we needed to print on the hotel printer, after WAITING IN LINE...AGAIN). People, don't stay here unless you seriously love the cold, outdoor pool that had leaves in it. Yeah the pool slide is fun for your kids, but Silverwood is WAY more fun and cheaper than staying here.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 4, 2010

Was there with my family for three nights for holidays. Hotel amd room were well kept, did not eat at the hotel but looked lie there was alot of options. Location to Riverfront Park was great. Room amenities were good and we had a balcony withy our deluxe room-nice touch in the evening to sit and relax. Outdoor pool was terrific my 9 year old spent alot of time in the pool. Would recommend this hotel if you want a great outdoor pool and close to downtown activities.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family