“Hotel with an awesome pool”

Hotel RL by Red Lion Spokane at the Park
Ranked #29 of 46 Hotels in Spokane
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed August 13, 2014 via mobile

It's not often you find a hotel with a waterslide and waterfall. Had a great time here with the kids. Also close to a couple restaurants from diners drive ins and dives. Loved it. Just couldn't seem to cool our room down below 68

• Stayed: August 2014
Zach L, Front Office Manager at Hotel RL by Red Lion Spokane at the Park, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2014

Thanks for mentioning how much you enjoyed staying here. I'm a big fan of Spokane's restaurant scene, and it's great to hear you were able to sample some of our fun spots. Guy Fieri's been to several local haunts for his famous Triple D show -- The Elk Public House and the Hill's Restaurant are only five minutes from our hotel! It's a good family combo: splash around in our awesome outdoor pool and then hit up the town for some delicious food. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back the next time you visit!

There are newer reviews for Hotel RL by Red Lion Spokane at the Park

Reviewed August 12, 2014

We initially chose this property for the outdoor pool, but it wound up being so much more! The proximity to a wonderful city park, great restaurants, cultural landmarks and a 7-minute-walk to Macy's and Nordstroms - what a great weekend!
Our toddler went absolutely bonkers when we opened the drapes to reveal a sliding glass door that walks out to the luscious, turquoise pool, where we spent a good portion of our time. Gisella's margaritas were DELISH and we also enjoyed some nachos and chocolate chip cookies, poolside.
We opted for the breakfast buffet both days and we were glad for the convenience. The staff was delightful; attentive without being overbearing and extremely accommodating. The selection was not extravagant, but the food was much higher quality than buffets at Hilton or Holiday Inn. Both days there were 2 types of eggs, bacon, sausages, hash browns, bagels and breads for toasting, yogurt and oatmeal. They also featured pancakes one day and mixed it up with biscuits & gravy the next. We all thought it was perfect for our needs. On the second day they seated us in the dining room overlooking the river. It was gorgeous.
For people on here talking about the decor and those kinds of details, I would just like to emphasize that this is an ideal relaxed weekend getaway destination. Like most boutique hotels, the building is obviously older, but there are many nice updates including the lovely, modern lobby... we even saw a few people gasp when they walked in. I assure you, my son and the other kids were so dazzled by the pool and the friendly staff, the wallpaper was not their priority.
I am already planning next year's trip and this hotel will be at the top of the list, no question.

Room Tip: We loved our poolside room. I saw complaints on here about noise: there is live music on the patio o...
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family

Wow - it's always nice to receive such positive comments about our staff, facility, and location! We love getting to provide such a fun yet relaxing atmosphere for our guests, and it's great to hear your family enjoyed staying so much. Your comments about our proximity to Spokane and all this fine city has to offer are spot on. We can't wait to have you guys back next year! We've got some fun things in store for our hotel, and we're excited to provide you with even more family memories in the future.

Reviewed August 12, 2014

When we first checked in we received a room on the first floor at the end of a hallway next to the door. We have a baby so that wasn't ideal seeing as people would be coming and going all night but when I asked at the front desk if there was anything else available I was told I shouldn't have a problem with that room. Seeing as I didn't have a whole lot of choice we moved our stuff in.
We gave a baby so I had to put her food in the fridge, on top of the fridge to my delight was an empty case of beer and a half full can, behind the flat screen tv there was also an empty pack of cigarettes in my "non smoking" room, glad to see that the room was cleaned prior to my stay. I again went to the front desk and asked if I could upgrade do something to change rooms, the girl at the front desk didn't really know and went to the back. A couple of minutes later a person whom I believe was named Tracy came out, I told her again that my room had not been cleaned all that well and I'd like to change rooms I'd like to upgrade to something in the tower if possible. She made a face like oh that's gross when I mentioned that the room still had garbage from the previous guest and said that it would be "30 or 40 bucks" without knowing what room I was in(I looked online it's a $10 difference) so I just left it and went to the pool. The rest of the stay was without incident there were a bunch of bugs in the bathroom but nothing you wouldn't find in Mexico. I went to the front desk to check out and met the same lady I believe her name was Tracy that I had talked to two days prior she seemed puzzled and asked me why I'm checking out at the desk and had I not received my bill under the door, I replied the garbage that I told you about 2 days ago is still where it was and to please ensure it is cleaned for the next guest here's the room number.

The beds were comfortable if you have wheelchair or large stroller it won't fit past this counter they placed in the middle of the entrance, but for what they aspire to be they are not. As a part of the promo I booked under I'm entitled to a free night in the fall I hope it's at any property because I will not be returing to this one.

Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

Thank you for providing this important review of your experience and thank you for connecting with us via phone so we could more specifically care for your concerns. The way you were treated is not acceptable, and as we discussed with you, the person in question was not following our high standards for guest service. We will address these concerns and coach that person on how to more effectively handle this sort of situation. Thank you again for being so communicative and for allowing us to properly resolve the issue! We look forward to welcoming you back so we can give you the high-caliber service you ought to receive each time you visit Red Lion.

Reviewed August 12, 2014

Reservations made directly with the hotel NOT HONORED, myself (disabled), my wife, and two children were put out and completely inconvenienced most of the trip. Because I am generally a positive person I will say the outside pool was excellent and the staff are at least courteous. Other than that there are several little issues you will encounter, simple things like nobody answering phones, or requests for items, or room keys daily having to be replaced. Its terrible I am even writing this, I don't ever write reviews and it was so offensive I felt the need to. High price for what you get, simply not worth the money.

Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

Thank you for providing us with this important feedback. As we discussed via email, it was never our intention to come across this way, and I apologize for this experience. Consistency and accuracy are extremely important to us, and we work hard to prevent anything like this from happening. I'm glad to hear you felt our staff was courteous and the pool was pleasant, but we strive for every part of the visit to be excellent. I hope to welcome you back to provide the stress-free and comfortable stay you deserve. I appreciate your comments, and look forward to speaking with you over phone about these concerns as well.

Reviewed August 12, 2014

My children and I had a conference to attend at the Spokane Convention Center. The conference hotel was full, so Red Lion Hotel at the Park was recommended as the alternate. I was really glad that this hotel was recommended. I got a better deal on the room rate than the conference hotel. Red Lion at the Park has a very picturesque setting with the river and park literally steps away from the hotel door. It took us only 4 minutes to reach the convention center on foot. We felt safe walking through the park morning and night to attend our convention. We found lots of fun things to do at the park. Also, there are plenty of fun shops/stores to explore near the convention center, easily accessible on foot. We enjoyed eating at Olive Garden and Chili's and walked to a nearby Rite Aid for necessities. The hotel staff was very helpful and attentive and responded quickly and graciously to our many requests. The large pool with slide was a big hit with my kids.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family

Thank you so much for the kind comments regarding our staff and service. It's always great to hear our staff get recognized for the excellent service we strive for each day. It sounds like you and your family had a ton of fun in Spokane. The park is a beautiful spot to relax and spend quality family time. Next time you should try the Onion -- it's a great restaurant that's local to Spokane. See you next time!

Reviewed August 12, 2014 via mobile

We booked here because it had an outdoor pool and wanted to spend more time in the sun, pool-side, so we were ok paying a bit more...

The room was ok, but tired, with an odour that was less than desirable. Some wallpaper was peeling in the bathroom.

The pool was nice, but the key-lock didn't work and the lifeguard had to let people in the pool area; there not enough lounge chairs for patrons and the small snack-bar was closed.

For the price paid for this hotel and in comparison with other properties, we expected more.

Stayed: August 2014

I appreciate you submitting this review of our hotel. I apologize we did not represent the value or standards you expected. The issues you noted about the room have been provided to our Maintenance department and the key lock for the pool area has been addressed. We do hope you'll visit again so we can prove these experiences are not normal to our brand and our hotel.

Reviewed August 12, 2014

For a shade over 100$ you get a safe, clean room with the best outdoor pool in Spokane--and a very convenient location. A wonderful stroll through the park right into town. And a free shuttle as well.

Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

Thank you for telling everyone how much you enjoyed staying with us. I'm glad to find you appreciated the value our hotel provides and the beautiful location as well. We love Spokane and are always glad to be a gateway to this city for out-of-towners. The free shuttle can't be beat either -- it's even complimentary for downtown transportation to great restaurants like Europa.