“Excellent Staff - Bad engineering”

Hotel RL by Red Lion Spokane at the Park
Ranked #25 of 46 Hotels in Spokane
GreenLeadersSilver level
Seattle, Washington
“Excellent Staff - Bad engineering”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

So, I've stayed here a couple times for business - Our spokane office is right around the corner - and I'm always pleased with the parking, ease to get to, location, rooms themselves, hot tub, food, etc. What doesn't work is the central rooms - If you are going to stay here, be sure to request a room that is NOT visible from the main lobby. Ask for one in the wings. Stayed in a lobby viewable room for the first time this week and boy, what is LOUD. There is no sound baffling in the lobby and at 4 floors of space, the noise bounces all over. Get one late night event in the space and you have a 2am wake up call.
As long as you stay out of those central rooms, it's probably one of the best, consistent hotels in the Spokane area.

Room Tip: DO NOT stay int he central portion that faces the lobby.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Wendy H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (426)
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Second stay here. Convenient and perfect location. Very clean hotel and friendly staff. Best free breakfast hands down. It was very crowded this time due to so many events going on but hotel was still a very good stay.

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank myblessings
Reviewed February 18, 2013

The room we purchased was decent but LOUD. The fridge was making a really loud gurgle sound and there was a SUPER LOUD buzzing sound and couldnt figure out where it was coming from. I live local and rented a room for my husbands birthday. Needless to say, I couldnt sleep and we woke up at 7am and went home to get some sleep. I basically spent over $100.00 for nothing. It messed up the day after we stayed there because I was sooooo tired. I dont think that we will be doing that again.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Stensgar
Brent A, Front Office Manager at Hotel RL by Red Lion Spokane at the Park, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Thank ou so much for bringing thise concerns to our attention. I have forwarded the issues to my Engineering department so they may investigate further. I want to express my sincere apologies that you didn't enjoy your stay. I hope that you will give us a second chance to make your next stay a great one.

Regards,

Brent A.
New York
Reviewed February 16, 2013

The Red Lion in Spokane, Washington was my absolute favorite hotel in a year of nomadic living!

First, the location is beautiful. Situated off the river that runs through Spokane, the rooms have a gorgeous view of the surrounding landscape. A small balcony in my room let me sit outside and read to the sound of the rushing water. The room itself was spacious and convenient with a refrigerator, a microwave, and a small sink, you're able to at make yourself feel a little more at home than at most hotels. Then there was the bed. This was one of the most comfortable beds I've ever experienced. Everyone I was staying with raved about how comfortable the beds were! Really I can't say enough; I know it's a specific thing to be enamored with in a hotel, but believe me, it was awsome!

The hotel also has a nice outdoor area with a nice pool and lounge area as well as a nice restaurant which can get a little overwhelmed I will say.

I loved my stay here and have been recommending the Red Lion Spokane to everyone!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Paige W
Pullman, Washington
Reviewed February 15, 2013

You will have a couple of other hotels that will do as they say when they say they will. The rooms are over priced for what you get. It takes more that just a view location be a hotel that is worth this price. The club is a joke. Every hard getting the points you are told you will get for booking with them. Bait and switch.. Much better off booking another down town hotel if you can.

Room Tip: Go to the Towers any other place but Red Lion!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Puddinone
Brent A, Front Office Manager at Hotel RL by Red Lion Spokane at the Park, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
I apologize that our hotel wasn't up to your standards. We are consistantly finding ways to improve our rewards program. We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Regards,

Brent A.
Spokane
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Booked on line and was so pleasantly surprised. From the excellent staff to the cleanliness of the hotel/rooms, we were very pleased and will definately stay here again. The location for our trip was absolutely perfect.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Frances D
Spokane, Washington
Reviewed February 11, 2013

The staff is always friendly, the hotel clean, a nice workout facility and great location. We stay here a few times a year and have never been disappointed. I recommend to purchase the breakfast buffet which includes parking when making your reservation.

Room Tip: Make sure you reserve at Inn at the Park, not the River Inn. Both are Red Lion properties and nearl...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family