“Decent but noisy”

Ranked #25 of 46 Hotels in Spokane
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Decent but noisy”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

The room we purchased was decent but LOUD. The fridge was making a really loud gurgle sound and there was a SUPER LOUD buzzing sound and couldnt figure out where it was coming from. I live local and rented a room for my husbands birthday. Needless to say, I couldnt sleep and we woke up at 7am and went home to get some sleep. I basically spent over $100.00 for nothing. It messed up the day after we stayed there because I was sooooo tired. I dont think that we will be doing that again.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Stensgar
Brent A, Front Office Manager at Hotel RL by Red Lion Spokane at the Park, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Thank ou so much for bringing thise concerns to our attention. I have forwarded the issues to my Engineering department so they may investigate further. I want to express my sincere apologies that you didn't enjoy your stay. I hope that you will give us a second chance to make your next stay a great one.

Brent A.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (410)
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

The Red Lion in Spokane, Washington was my absolute favorite hotel in a year of nomadic living!

First, the location is beautiful. Situated off the river that runs through Spokane, the rooms have a gorgeous view of the surrounding landscape. A small balcony in my room let me sit outside and read to the sound of the rushing water. The room itself was spacious and convenient with a refrigerator, a microwave, and a small sink, you're able to at make yourself feel a little more at home than at most hotels. Then there was the bed. This was one of the most comfortable beds I've ever experienced. Everyone I was staying with raved about how comfortable the beds were! Really I can't say enough; I know it's a specific thing to be enamored with in a hotel, but believe me, it was awsome!

The hotel also has a nice outdoor area with a nice pool and lounge area as well as a nice restaurant which can get a little overwhelmed I will say.

I loved my stay here and have been recommending the Red Lion Spokane to everyone!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Paige W
Pullman, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

You will have a couple of other hotels that will do as they say when they say they will. The rooms are over priced for what you get. It takes more that just a view location be a hotel that is worth this price. The club is a joke. Every hard getting the points you are told you will get for booking with them. Bait and switch.. Much better off booking another down town hotel if you can.

Room Tip: Go to the Towers any other place but Red Lion!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Puddinone
Brent A, Front Office Manager at Hotel RL by Red Lion Spokane at the Park, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
I apologize that our hotel wasn't up to your standards. We are consistantly finding ways to improve our rewards program. We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Spokane
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

Booked on line and was so pleasantly surprised. From the excellent staff to the cleanliness of the hotel/rooms, we were very pleased and will definately stay here again. The location for our trip was absolutely perfect.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Frances D
Spokane, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

The staff is always friendly, the hotel clean, a nice workout facility and great location. We stay here a few times a year and have never been disappointed. I recommend to purchase the breakfast buffet which includes parking when making your reservation.

Room Tip: Make sure you reserve at Inn at the Park, not the River Inn. Both are Red Lion properties and nearl...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank NaryC
Spokane, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

My worst experience in a hotel ever! We attended a birthday party there and the hostess had a painting set up by the area that was reserved. Two men were seen next to the painting by three of the party guests. One of these men had a pen in hand, drawing obscene images on the painting. When confronted, the head of security proceeded to ask the man if he had defaced the property. The security guard reported to us he had denied any wrongdoing. In the end, the man (who admitted being a guest at the Red Lion) walked out the door without consequence. Security claimed they were calling the police. The police never showed (most likely due to the fact that they were never called). It was absolutely disgusting how this situation was handled! My husband and I contemplated reserving a room for our upcoming anniversary but not after this. Their "security" staff should be fired!

Room Tip: Walk out the door and find another hotel!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank BrookeR1234
Brent A, Front Office Manager at Hotel RL by Red Lion Spokane at the Park, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Thank you so much for your comments. I want to take the time to say I truly apologize in which the situation was handled. I have forwarded this to our Director of Security. We hope that you will choose us in the near future so that you may have an ever lasting positve impression of us.

Washougal, Washington, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed our stay at the Red Lion Hotel At the Park. Your staff were efficient and friendly. Buffet was good by some of the food was cold. But all and all we felt special from everyone. Look forward to our next stay in Spokane.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple