“Quiet stay, good sleep, friendly staff, quick walk to shopping/attractionss.”

Hotel RL by Red Lion Spokane at the Park
Ranked #29 of 46 Hotels in Spokane
GreenLeadersSilver level
Fayetteville, Arkansas
“Quiet stay, good sleep, friendly staff, quick walk to shopping/attractionss.”
Reviewed December 24, 2012

Clean, quiet, and friendly place. With in walking distance of shopping and restaurants. Free high speed internet with the much appreciated option to upgrade to a higher bandwidth for just a few bucks. The staff were very friendly and helpful and I got a great nights sleep. This was my first night staying at a red lion but from my first experience I would consider staying again during future visits to Spokane.

1 Thank Jason M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (439)
Clarkston, Washington
Reviewed December 23, 2012

Stayed at the hotel, ate there and attended a seminar in a meeting room. All aspects were excellent. The employees were especially gracious and helpful from the desk clerks to shuttle drivers to food servers. The hotel is a quick walk to downtown Spokane where you'll find shopping, restaurants and movies. All together a fine stay.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a room on the river side to improve your view.
1 Thank Avid_Traveler73
Princeton, New Jersey
Reviewed December 22, 2012

Appalling service - don't stay here if you are tired, hungry or have kids! Refused our Orbitz prepaid booking!

After 45 minutes at the front desk on the phone with orbitz, they finally checked my husband and I and our two babies in, but refused to accept the orbitz assurances that the booking was paid, requiring us to provide alternative method of payment while they sorted it out. Annoying, but not yet a disaster - the room was big, clean and comfortable, but so far away from the elevators and parking that it took us more than half an hour just to haul the babies' things up to the room (you can imagine our poor woogies tired faces). Next on the agenda: food for the kids, so Hubby went down to the dining room and ordered burgers and fries. 10 minutes! they said, but 45 minutes later they said "whoops, we'll bring it to your room" (imagine the tired, hungry little faces now). In the morning we found the bill under our door - and we were double-billed! After another long hold with Orbitz, who called the hotel and was told no one could help them until Monday morning (it's Saturday morning at the time). So, we had Orbitz refund our money ("within 5 days") and paid the Red Lion extortion. We will NEVER stay at a Red Lion ever again - they ruined our stay in Spokane and made us pay for it twice.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank co2diva
Dominic L, General Manager at Hotel RL by Red Lion Spokane at the Park, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Thank you for providing us with this important feedback about your stay, and the challenges you encountered. I’m very sorry to hear the system errors were made more difficult by the service you received. We’re going to be in touch with Orbitz and our reservations team to determine the cause of these initial issues. In the meantime, I’d appreciate hearing from you so I can more personally attend to your concerns. Please feel free to call the hotel and ask to speak with me. Again, I do apologize for the difficulties you experienced during your stay, and I assure you they are not up to our standards. We’ll also be reviewing these issues with our staff to improve our systems and service.

Best Regards,

Zachary L.
Cheney, Washington
Reviewed December 17, 2012

The salsa served at the breakfast buffet was served with spoons too small. We came down about 8:00 am and found two spoons totally immersed in the salsa. That is like someone dipping their fingers right in to the salsa. Very unsanitary to say the least. You need to advise your staff to use the proper size utensil so it can not slip down in to the serving bowl. The night before we enjoyed a Christmas party and at cocktail hour a Ranch type dip was served also with a too small serving spoon. We got there early and I immediately pointed this out to some staff person. He did get a larger serving spoon.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
I greatly appreciate this review of your experience at the buffet. I’ve forwarded your comments to our Food and Beverage Manager so she can review the issue with her staff and ensure the serving utensils are appropriately sized. We’re glad to hear that, when it was brought up with the staff, they took care of your concerns promptly. Thanks again for submitting this important feedback to us, and we hope to see you again soon!

Best Regards,

Zachary L.
Walla Walla, Washington
Reviewed December 16, 2012

And the food was great, too. We were stuck in an ice storm while traveling across the state, so spent an unexpected night in Spokane. Could not have been nicer. We have 2 medium dogs and were given a ground floor room that opened onto a grassy area right next to the river. Got to hear the water flowing and had easy access to taking care of the dogs (and cleaning up after them, too!) Ordered in room service, which was prompt, friendly, and tasty. We left right away in the morning so did not explore downtown, but will definitely go back to the Red Lion to stay when we do.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mel99362
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I stayed here while attending a conference. I had a room with a king size bed and with a view out to the pool and river. The room was clean when I arrived and was cleaned well each day, except for one day when I returned and there was a latex glove left on the counter in the bathroom. I guess that's a good sign that they cleaned it though! The bed itself was very comfortable and I always had a good night's sleep.

Basic wifi access was included which was nice as I was there for work. I ate at the restaurant (the sports bar portion) at the hotel a couple of times and both times it was just ok. The food was ok and the service was a bit slow. Overall, nothing really stood out and the hotel was fairly average and what I expected for the price. I would give it 3.5/5, but in my rating have rated it as 4/5 (as there are no half marks) due to the clean and comfortable room. If I were in Spokane again, I may return here as service was good, but may also choose to try another option.

1 Thank topaz_bc
Spokane, Washington, United States
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Very nice hotel in a great location. Downtown in minutes. Rooms are nice for the price and I would recommend this for anyone. If you are looking to visit downtown Spokane it is a short walk to the River park Square which is the closest mall. Also many choices of places to eat while in downtown. PF Changs if you like great Chineese food.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family