“Love this hotel”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Boise, Idaho
“Love this hotel”
Reviewed May 7, 2012

My husband is in Spokane on business 3 days every other week and always stays at this hotel. My children and I have accompanied him 3 different times and have always found the staff very friendly and accommodating. We have stayed in 3 types of rooms (tower suite, deluxe 2 queen bed in the tower, and an executive king w/ pull out off the atrium) all rooms were extremely clean, and I never worry about my children walking around barefoot. The breakfast is wonderful (kids eat at the buffet free with a paying adult) and offers a large variety of choices. We also enjoy dining at the restaurant there when we want to spend an evening in.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Dominic L, General Manager at Hotel RL by Red Lion Spokane at the Park, responded to this review, May 31, 2012
Thank you for your kind comments. It is great to hear that you and your family feel our hotel is your home away from home. Our goal is to keep our guests happy and turn them into long term guests. We are glad to include you in that philosophy.

Red Lion Hotel at the Park

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (427)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed May 1, 2012

I attended a conference for 2 days and found no fault with the hotel. It was perfectly functional, clean, comfortable and employed friendly, responsive staff. I loved the hotel shuttle service for free. When I arrived at the airport I just walked outside and saw their van arrive at the same time. It was better than renting a car - I was whisked to the hotel in minutes. When it was time to leave they were ready for me and got me back to the airport on time. I appreciate the fact that I was able to check in and out quickly and feel comfortable in a courteous setting. The business section would be my only feedback to the hotel - it's adjacent to the service doorway to the kitchen. Staff were a little bit loud (just due to their required activity as servers) going in and out while I was on a conference call in the business center. They could improve that area by moving the business center to a quieter space. I recommend.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you enjoyed your stay at the Red Lion! We have some great plans to improve the business center in the coming months ahead and I believe you will really like it! We hope we get the chance to serve you again soon.

Richland, Washington
Reviewed April 29, 2012 via mobile

Part of the Red Lion brand this hotel is right next to Riverpark Square in downtown Spokane. The rates were extremely reasonable, the staff friendly and very clean hotel.

The rooms were very clean and modern. In room wireless wifi which is free. You can pay for faster wifi but the free was adequate. The rooms seemed a bit smaller but still very but comfortable.

They have an outdoor pool with a slide which is great for kids. They were renovating it during my stay. There is access to foot/bicycle paths throughout Riverfront Park. Easy walking distance to downtown.

Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012
So glad you enjoyed your stay! We hope we have an opportunity to serve you in the future. Come back and see our newly renovated outdoor pool. You are and your family will really enjoy the new pool slide!

Olympia, Washington
Reviewed April 20, 2012

If you stay at this hotel, make sure you book a package with the parking and breakfast included. I made our original reservation using the AAA rate and a few days before leaving on the trip was able to get a rate for $4 cheaper than the original rate and the new rate included breakfast and parking.

Overall, nice hotel conveniently located in Spokane. It is a very short walk over the river to the park and a short walk through the park to downtown shops and restaurants.

My only complaint would be that the check-in staff was a bit goofy. He was young and my cute high school daughter was with me at the counter and maybe he thought he was impressing her but her comment when we left the counter was that he must not like his job very much since he wasn't taking it seriously. I'm all for staff having a sense of humor but the jokes fell flat and some were just not funny at all.

We would stay at this hotel again.

1 Thank MSNDIS
Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you enjoyed your stay at the Red Lion! You are correct, we have great room packages that include our breakfast buffet and Parking at a very reasonable price. I am sorry to hear that your check in agent was not the most enjoyable experience. I will use your comments to better coach my team in the future. We hope we get the chance to serve you again soon.

Seattle
Reviewed April 1, 2012

These rooms need some sort of air handling. It is so stuff in the rooms. Normally I would open the door to get some fresh air, but I can't open the sliding glass door - the handle seems to be broken. I could not see out the door very well because it all steamed up.

Check-in took 21 minutes - unacceptable. There was not a lot of people checking in, but they only had one emploee working the desk at 8 pm on a Friday night.

Room seemed clean. Empty beer bottle on the patio, but I don't blame the housekeeper because she probably could not open the door.

Buffet breakfast - marginal. Not much selection and nothing very tasty.

Room was quiet even with a lot of sports teams in the hotel.

Nice tv. Internet good, but free Internet is a little slow.

Parking - hard to find a spot. I had to park in a neighboring office park. Sign said that was okay on weekends. Long walk to hotel though.

Shower - okay. No adjustment of spray.

I had a room with two queens, but they only provide 3 bath towels, one coffee mug, and two drinking glasses?

Mattress was too hard for me.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Dominic L, Manager at Hotel RL by Red Lion Spokane at the Park, responded to this review, April 3, 2012
I am very disappointed to read the review that you wrote and want to sincerely apolgize on behalf of the staff at the hotel at the park. I can assure you that we do take all of these comments very seriously. I hope I can be of assistance in the future to make you feel comfortable that we do care very much about your business. The comments you have taken time to write will not go unnoticed.

Respectfully,
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed March 30, 2012

Our family of 4 stayed one night while in town for college visits. Hotel is perfectly located for quick access to Gonzaga, WSU and downtown. The room was clean and being that we booked it through Priceline we got a good value. However there were a few attention-to-detail items that added up to me rating this a 3 rather than 4. Things like a TV remote that didn' t work, clerk booking us into a 1st floor room closest to the busy street and elevator when other rooms were available (she moved us to higher floor after we asked), the room was freezing when we checked and the pool towels being the size of a hand towel. Just several little things like that. With a little more attention to them this could be a fine establishment. Two other items that were a negative are no continental breakfast and the $9/night parking fee. On the parking, when I called after making the reservation I was told there was on street parking near by if we wanted to avoid the $9. When checking in I inquired about this and the clerk said she know of no near by on street parking or less expensive paid parking. Odd since I walked across the street & found $5 for 10 hour paid parking and then walked a block north and found free on street parking no problem. I think the $9 parking is really just a nice profit center for them. All & all I would stay here again but they could do better without having to put much effort into it.

1 Thank icuski2
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel! Our staff really strives never to sacrifice quality service no matter how busy we may get. I do apoligize for the inconvenience at check in and would strongly urge you to reserve your next reservation on our website to include breakfast and parking in your room rate. We look forward to a chance to serve you again in the future.
Montana
Reviewed March 21, 2012

We stayed here because we wanted to be able to walk downtown from our hotel. It fit the bill, plus gave us good value. The rooms are very comfortable and the beds are firm (which I like). The room price included a hot breakfast and parking. We will definitely return!

Room Tip: Ask for a package that includes parking.