“Hotel / good location”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Walla Walla, Washington
“Hotel / good location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2012

Good Downtown location, but they do get you with $9 a day parking. Great Pool.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Dominic L, Manager at Hotel RL by Red Lion Spokane at the Park, responded to this review, February 15, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback. We regred at this time that we cannot offer complimentary parking. However, in the future you might consider booking a room package that includes parking. Also, we have several amenities on property that are completely free of charge such as wireless internet, fitness room, indoor pool, outdoor pool, in room coffee, shuttle service, and daily newpapers.

Director of Rooms, Red Lion Hotel at the Park & River Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (410)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2012

We enjoyed the balcony with the great view. However, getting to the room was a challenge! And the girl at front desk was not helpful at all, which was very disappointing for the overpriced room and also, considering we traveled with our 3 small kids and had just driven many hours to arrive in Spokane at midnight to a room that we couldn't find. The halls were very cold, although, it could have been due to the hotel undergoing renovations. The layout of the hotel is terrible! I hope the renovations include a guest-friendly layout, as the walk to our room was not only cold, but also very long! Most of all, we enjoyed the breakfast where the waitress spoiled my kids! The girl at check out was much nicer and even allowed us to leave one of our 2 vehicles in the parking lot, while we shopped, which we really appreciated! Loved the friendly people in Spokane, but would definitely stay at different hotel next time we visit!

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank Cheezies
Dominic L, Manager at Hotel RL by Red Lion Spokane at the Park, responded to this review, January 24, 2012
I apologize if you did not feel as though you were are most important guest while staying with us. Our goal is to make each Red Lion guest feel this way. We want you to feel at home especially when traveling with your family. I sincerely apologize for the cold feel of the hotel. We are doing are best to keep our doors to outside closed during our renovation. Regarding your unfriendly welcome that is an unacceptable level of service for our Red Lion standards. I have personally seen to it that our Front Desk staff upholds our exceptional guest service standards. We always hope to make your stay the first of many, as we love our return guests. We welcome you back so we can again spoil your children and prove that we keep our word! We would love the opportunity to change your mind the next time you travel to Spokane. I am grateful for your feedback. Please contact me if you plan a return trip; I would be happy to personally assist you.

Director of Rooms, Red Lion Hotel at the Park & Red Lion River Inn
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2012

I love this hotel. I will definitely be back. Everyone is so polite and professional. Rooms are nice. See you again. Thanks for a comfortable stay

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank corporate-traveler75
Dominic L, Manager at Hotel RL by Red Lion Spokane at the Park, responded to this review, January 19, 2012
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay! We love seeing return guests and have made many new friends this way. Look forward to seeing you in the future!

Respectfully,
Director of Rooms
montana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2011

Stayed in the executive wing.....very quiet, clean, and overall a great stay.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank mtripguy
We're so glad you enjoyed the quality that Red Lion Hotels strives to offer each guest! Thanks for your comments!

Director of Rooms, Red Lion Hotel at The Park & Red Lion River
Inn
Collierville, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2011

The rooms are nice. They are roomy with standard amenities. The bed was really comfortable. It felt like a new pillow-top mattress. Nice tv. And the place is quiet. And it is just a short walk to the downtown Spokane area through the park, which is nice because there are a lot of places to eat and drink. They have an ice skating rink in the park for those interested.

Now, for the downside. The dining amenities at the hotel are sub-par. The hotel bar is a ghost town. They set up a free coffee stand for the guests, but then they take it down when the breakfast restaurant opens. You have to buy a $2.70 cup from the waitress. Good news is that refills are free. Just seems better to leave the coffee stand up so people don't have to bother the wait staff while there are serving the breakfast crowd.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Agra45
Thank you so much for your comments! It was great to hear that you enjoyed your overall stay with us. The time frame in which you were here is typically our slower season. This could explain the empty restaurant/bar. I invite you back during our Spring and Summer seasons when you can take advantage of some exciting restaurant specials. Do not hesitate to call me when you make arrangements for a future stay. I would be happy to personally assist you in planning your dining experiences.
Director of Rooms, Red Lion Hotel at the Park & Red Lion River Inn
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2011

When I checked in, I was greeted by the bellman and led to the front desk where I was checked in quick and easy by a super friendly young lady. I went up to my room and was pleasantly surprised with a big flat screen tv and incredibly comfortable bed! I had a beautiful view of downtown spokane and a nice chair to sit in. I had to get up early the next day and I didn't hear any noise all night so that was awesome! I will definitely be back! The food is awesome too! great selection, friendly servers, good prices,great taste!

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank Phillipmaz
It was great to read about your positive experiences at The Red Lion Hotel at The Park! Our goal is for you to "Stay Comfortable!" We sincerely hope you will become one of our many return guests. You can expect exciting things to come, as a lobby renovation will be complete by March 2012. Hope to have you back soon!
Director of Rooms, Red Lion Hotel at The Park & Red Lion River Inn
Yakima, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2011

I recently stayed here and accidentally left a very expensive pair of boots in my room when I left. I called the hotel that night and told the manager of housekeeping, Jessica, what I was missing. She said everyone had gone home, she took down my information, and said she would call me the following day. I called her back at 8:30AM the following day. She said it was on her list of things to look for and she would call me back. Two hours later, at 11:30AM, I still had not heard back from her so I called again. She told me she looked and could not find them. I asked for a hotel manager and was connected to a man named Mark. He told me they would begin an "investigation" and that his hotel is not liable for missing items. He also informed me that he offers his housekeepers an incentive program where, after 90 days, if no one claims an item he allows that housekeeper to keep what they found. He also stated that he had "never had this problem before" (this problem being stealing/misplacing by his housekeeping staff). He them told me he would have a man named Dominique (I think that was his name) call me back later that afternoon because Mark does not have access to the maid's supply rooms on each floor but Dominique does and he would be in later that day. By 4:30PM I STILL had not heard back from anyone. I called the hotel and asked for Dominique. The front desk person informed me that Dominique was not working at all that day, so I asked to speak to whoever was the manager at the time and could help me. Someone named Josh got on the phone and said he was the night manager. I told him my whole story, and he told me he would look for my boots and call me back within the hour. Josh was the ONLY person throughout this whole experience who actually called me back when he said he would, but he was about as helpful as everyone else was. I feel like I am being avoided, and no one is acting like this is a very big deal. Someone either misplaced or stole my very expensive boots and apparently theft isn't a concern of this particular hotel. This happened last Thursday and I am STILL waiting to hear back from someone regarding this matter. But I won't hold my breath, because calling someone back seems to be a difficult task for management at this hotel to perform.

Stayed November 2011, traveled on business