Hotel RL by Red Lion Spokane at the Park
GreenLeadersSilver level
calgary alberta
“Great”
Reviewed June 8, 2011

We stayed for a few nights and were very pleased. The staff was friendly and couldn't do enough for you! The pool was lovely and so was the weather, and we enjoyed our time around the outdoor pool.
It is located on the park and we had a park side room, ground floor, so could sit outside and watch all the joggers/walkers going buy. It is just a short walk across the bridge to downtown. We felt like we were in the country, yet we were in central Spokane!
The walkways etc were at our fingertips.
Would recommend this and would stay again!
They even had a Canadian (Kent) say good-bye, with flag and all! Great sense of humor. (we are Canadian

Also, a short walk away, down the park is the red lion sister hotel and they have a lovely terrace rest. on the park.

Room Tip: book a park side room they have balaconies
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank arnieindy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (431)
Nelson, Canada
Reviewed May 13, 2011

A terrific location with many attractions within a 10 minute walk. Check-in, service and rooms were all average. The $14 per day parking fee was a huge surprise (and disappointment) when I checked out. There was absolutely no mention of this charge when I checked in.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank OnTheTee
Ogden, Utah
Reviewed April 29, 2011

The location is magestic. The decor in the rooms is old. I thought the rate was excellent being under majority of the hotels in the area until I got here to find that I also have to pay $14 dollars a day to park. This brings the rate up to the rest of the hotels in the area. I understand why the parking fee was put in place. This was due to being close to the downtown area. However, I don't understand why you charge your guests.

The most disappointing thing about the hotel is one I loved the most when I stayed here three years ago. I loved the resturant. This time, I stood for 15 minutes waiting at the entrance to be told by a rushing guy that I would have to eat in the lounge because people called off sick. My second night's dinner I again had to go to the lounge and wait to order.

Overall, not worth the money to me. I could have stayed at a different hotel for the same rate and had the same breakfast for free instead of paying $10.00 here.

I also had to pay 4 dollars to print 8 pieces of paper.

Room Tip: Go Somewhere Else.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank thedance08
CarlFletcher, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel RL by Red Lion Spokane at the Park, responded to this review, May 11, 2011
I am sad to hear that your very favorite part of the hotel was not available to you during your stay. I hope that when you return to the area again we are more able to have all that you come to visit us for available and ready for you. We thank you for your loyalty to us over the years and appreciate very much your feedback.

Seattle
Reviewed April 26, 2011

I was recently in Spokane and needed a hotel to stay in. We chose the Red Lion as this hotel has always had a solid reputation as being one of Spokanes nicest. The room was clean and comfortable. The breakfast was good. The parking situation there is strange as they charged us to park. I'd stay there again.

Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank ednib
We hope to see you again here in Spokane and thank you for leaving us this bit of feedback. The summers here are nothing short of amazing and we hope you will get a chance to enjoy that! Have a great day!

Manitou Springs, CO
Reviewed April 23, 2011

Stayed here while daughter overnighted at Gonzaga. Clean, well-kept but had Amway conventioneers partying until late. THough walls were decent, still heard some noise. THere is a parking fee (seems excessive) which can be avoided if you plan well. Nice staff. Close to Riverfront PArk and great place for morning walk/hike. Would stay here again...

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank Bad_Billy
Thank you very much for the feedback on your stay. It is a busy world and it is always nice to hear that we did a great job in making sure you were as comfortable as possible while staying with us. We hope to see you back here again in the near future. We wish you safe & happy travels!!

Seattle, Wa
Reviewed April 16, 2011

This was my fifth stay at this property. All for the same conference that occurs annually. The hotel has done as good a job possible to keep upgrading....about the only thing still needing a little TLC are the carpets, and paint.
My last visit here was not very good, but this visit was outstanding. The front desk (which on my last minute was not great) was fabulous. I arrived early (11:45am) and my room was ready! The front desk folks went out of their way to be helpful.
I was unaware, but I had booked a room in the executive wing (which I always do and you should as well) but was upgraded to an executive suite. While this room only has a queen size bed (instead of a King in typical Executive King rooms), it had an attached full sitting area with love seat and chair. Two Flat Screen TV's, a wet bar and Fridge. This room also had access to a balcony that looked at the outdoor pool...a great location for summer use!
The room was great in all aspects!
Enjoyed the Roaring start Buffet two mornings with no complaints...although they were understaffed the first day of our conference so the line to get seated was a bit long.
Conference rooms are nice and hotel staff do their best to help out when asked. Catering department did a nice job on all meals...no complaints here.
Only thing to nit pick about was the timeliness of getting my room cleaned...This did not happen until after 3-4pm on each of the days I was at the hotel...Now, with that being said the hotel was packed, and it's a good size hotel, so I understand that everyone can't have their room cleaned say at 11 am...I tipped the crew well and they did a nice job of servicing the room! "FREE" Wireless internet worked in the room without issue.
Hotel does now charge for parking (not a fan of this), however my room rate included parking and breakfast. Also, while staying there the parking gates were not functional as someone had driven through them....maybe the fee to park was too high??
I am loyal to the Red Lion brand when it is available and you should be as well. Stay here with confidence! Compliments to the General Manager of this property, I was impressed!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Donald D
I cannot say how great this review is. We are so pleased that you had this experience with us especially given you are here year after year. I will certainly pass this onto the staff and agents involved as I know they will be happy to hear this. We welcome you back again and again and look forward to seeing you on your next annual visit! Have safe and happy travels!!

Seattle
Reviewed March 11, 2011

Staying at this hotel and booked a queen bed with parking and breakfast special. The bed is a double not a queen, the mattress is so soft it hurts your back. You can definitely get a better nights sleep for less money in that area. Beware unless you pay top dollars for their better rooms do not stay here.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
CarlFletcher, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel RL by Red Lion Spokane at the Park, responded to this review, March 16, 2011
I am very disappointed to heart that you did not have a good stay while with us. I have noted the issues and will look to remedy them immediately. All feedback is good feedback even it illustrates shortcomings in the hotel. We hope that sometime in the future you will allow us to show you our willingness to make right this situation. Thank you for taking the time to leave us this review.

Guest Relations Manager