“A great find in Spokane. Modern, centrally located and great price”
Review of Hotel Ruby

Hotel Ruby
Ranked #16 of 46 Hotels in Spokane
Reviewed November 1, 2010

This Hotel was absolutely perfect, It is the BEST deal in Spokane. The location is perfect, the rooms are great. Wi-Fi, great beds, flat panel TVs for a GREAT price. I used to stay in the Montvaleand in the Davenport when I came to Spokane, but the Ruby is my new favorite. Grat job!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed October 27, 2010

Because of the kicking location I stayed at this motel twice when it was the Rodeway. It's close to everything downtown. The Knitting Factory is across the street, and it is walking distance from many wineries, shopping, restaurants and bars. Back then it was dirt cheap but you got what you paid for.
The renovations have made a huge difference. New beds! NEW BEDS! The King bed had good pillows and a sweet comforter. The room definitely had a more comfortable feel to it with warm colors and minimal furniture. Oh, and there's a huge flat screen television too.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 13, 2010

Hip-fun hotel with a cool vibe was the perfect spot for us. Went to a concert at knitting factory across the street, breakfast a few blocks away at satellite diner the next morn. Rooms were well re-made with tasteful, cool design. BIG tv and new everything. Great downtown room for a great price. Will stay there again for sure.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 12, 2010

Location down town which is handy walking distance for many bars and restaurants. Also near shopping mall and the a great park area. Noise can be a problem which can occur in any down town hotel. Just being renovated and is not bad for the price of the stay. Car parking can be a lottery with more rooms then spaces but it is free.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 4, 2010

I picked the hotel Ruby because I was in town visiting my friends and during the week I was attending a concert at the Knitting Factory. When I saw where the hotel was I was somewhat concerned as a single female knowing I would be alone in my room. Fears were soon put to rest. Front desk check in girl was very nice. As I made my way to my room one of the managers smiled and asked if I needed help finding it. Nice. I got a corner room on the 2nd floor as she said it was larger. Room 212. Nice . Parked right near the elevator and elevator took me RIGHT to my front door. Again. NICE. Room was cute, fan in bathroom noisy. Only real complaint was that the windows outside are FILTHY! I didnt get up in time to eat the breakfast. Room had Thomas Hammer coffee which I love. Room seemed clean except maybe one of the comforters seemed stained. I had NO problems with noise at all. Even with the train right across the street and a very busy street right next to motel. I couldn't believe it. I didn't have problems like other visitors with rowdy neighbors. I liked it.. I would stay again.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed October 3, 2010

I made a pit stop here in the afternoon because I was waiting to take a train very late that night and just could not continue without some extra sleep for three or four hours. I had read the reviews and was willing to give it a go. I liked the room (118) a lot and the front desk man was very helpful. As bad luck had it there was a rap show at the Knitting Factory across the street and down the block and the Hotel Ruby had been booked by a handful of out of town rap fans who were soon drinking and partying on the walkways outside other people's rooms.

As you can imagine this clashed greatly with my immediate goal and I will credit the front desk for not only asking them to be quiet but then moving me twice on my request. ( 214 was one of the rooms) That said, my point here is that if you want to stay at Hotel Ruby its worth looking at who is playing the Knitting Factory that/those nights. The crowd for the show could be incompatible with your travel style. As I left I told the man at the desk I hoped he wasn't going to have a long night of babysitting as there were a few other guests not affiliated with the show who I assumed expected to sleep.

The hotel management may want to consider being more aware of who is playing the Knitting Factory and trying to block rooms for those guests in just one area if it is a show like the evening I was there. They may also want to consider being more firm about a conduct policy. I will credit the staff at the front desk as I think he did a great job with the circumstances but when cities create an "Entertainment District" and stuff it with bars and music venues I think you have to really think about if that environment is where you want to be staying or not. There is also an active train track behind the hotel but I did not find that an issue as there was double paned glass windows.

I liked the Ruby but it isn't really set up for business travelers (no real desks and rooms are cozy) and you should DEFINITELY look at what shows are going at the Knitting Factory before booking. Otherwise, I think the refit and re-branding has been well done and the location is very central in a part of downtown that is on the safer side at night. This is a good option for under 30 visitors.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed September 30, 2010

I only stayed in Spokane 1 night and was debating whether to stay near the airport for my early morning flight. I was glad I trusted the good reviews on this site and stayed at Hotel Ruby. The price was great, rooms small, but clean and nice. The location is the best reason to stay here as I was able to take a stroll around town in the afternoon and early evening. The ladies at the front desk were exceptionally nice and genuine and made me feel welcome. The only negative thing I can say is that the rooms aren't totally sound proof but still, at this price, the hotel exceeded my expectations.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple