“Cool central city hotel”
Review of Hotel Ruby

Hotel Ruby
Ranked #13 of 46 Hotels in Spokane
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Nicely modernised economical hotel close to the centre of Spokane. Rooms are small but fine, with good fittings etc. Good selection of restaurants nearby and very close to the theatres etc. Have to pay for parking.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Hotel Ruby

Reviewed February 22, 2014

I booked four nights at the hotel but only stayed one. The hotel claims to be pet friendly. What it should say is you can bring your dog however there is no place for them to potty for six blocks. The front desk person suggested I have my dog poop in the parking lot then clean it up. First, my dog is well trained and knows better than to poop on cement or floors. Second, the people that allowed their dogs to poop there did not clean it up. Amazon not the hotel refunded me for two nights. The hotel refunded my $25 pet fee and $5 a night parking. That means I paid for a night I did not use and they rented it out. I would not suggest this place for anyone with pets.

The rooms are very small and it appears they spent the majority of money on the shower. If you are a light sleeper, bring earplugs being you are right by the train tracks. It’s a great location if you are wanting night life and shopping. Everything is in walking distance except for a place to let your dog poop at 5am.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 19, 2014

After reading reviews we decided to stay a the Ruby Hotel. It was conveniently located in the area of the restaurant that we wanted to dine at for a Valentine's Day dinner. I thought the rooms were small for starters. There was mold on the walls and corners of the bathroom, especially in the shower. No one mentioned my request for a room with a queen bed instead of the two doubles we had. I happen to know that at least one came available. The parking is a complete disaster and I'm glad we got out of there without someone hitting our vehicle. Then on a rainy night at 1am I had to park two blocks away and walk back to the hotel. We were harassed by bar patrons that were outside the lounge smoking. We went into the lounge and were completely ignored until we finally told the bartender we'd like a drink. We used the coupon given to us upon check in, but I believe we were still charged full, or nearly full price for the drinks we received. Definitely not a two for one as promised. Definitely the downfall to an otherwise wonderful weekend in Spokane.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 31, 2014

The manager of thr Ruby does a wonderful job making sure the guests are taken care of and keep coming back. This is the only hotel I will stay at when visiting Spokane. I refer the Ruby to everyone who says they are going to Spokane. The rooms are VERY clean and the King Suite I stayed in was quiet and roomy. Before booking with another down town hotel if you plan on going to a Concert check out the packges available. Tgis hotel is directly across from the Knitting Factory and can get a room tix and parking for under $100. I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed January 26, 2014

We had an amazing time, very friendly and attentive staff. This is in a great location close to most everything we never had to take the car anywhere!! The pillows and bed were so comfortable I actually wrote the type of pillow down so I can find them. Our first encounter at the front desk was Aaron and he was wonderful, Thanks! then we had some appetizers and drinks in the lounge, which was fabulous because of Brittany!! All in all I can not say anything bad about this place. Even the breakfast was enough to choose from and got our day started. We enjoyed our time away and since it was a five hour drive for us to get there, this place made me very happy and I would stay there again for sure. Now the dirt bag that parked literally 2" from my car in the parking lot is another story :)

Room Tip: Get one with the updated bath it was nice!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 22, 2014

I had an event scheduled in downtown Spokane and wanted if possible to avoid dealing with parking issues. Normally I am person who stays at chain locations like La Quinta, Best Western, or Hampton Inn. However using trip advisor I located the Hotel Ruby literally steps from the venue I needed to reach. The reviews here were helpful and using the knowledge I culled from this site, I booked a room with a King size bed away from the street and train tracks.

There is reserved parking for guests at a slight charge, but well worth it. Bars and restaurants are just steps away, and very reasonable.

The room was great, the bed very comfortable and the shower relaxing. The flat screen TV was fine, and mutiple channels made it is wasy to select something that met my tastes. Beyond these simple items, there was little else I desired. I stayed only one night and the rates were very reasonable. The hotel has been renovated in a very artsy moteif and the colors are striking.

I would not hesitate to stay here again, if the need arose for me to be close to downtown.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Scott R
Reviewed January 14, 2014

We had a wonderful time at Hotel Ruby on our anniversary weekend.
The room was clean and the note from the housekeeper was a nice touch.
The parking lot was full so we had to park at the Howard Johnson; only around the block.
The Sapphire lounge put cranberry 'syrup' in my vodka cran instead of juice. It tasted terrible!
So instead of offering me a free drink or making it properly, the bartender just splashed it with Sprite. I was disappointed in that.
The flatbread was good though!
The location is awesome too. We were able to walk safely around downtown and enjoy the city.
We live in Spokane and it was our anniversary so it made for a nice little stay-cation. I got the room through Groupon and I have to say, we will definitely be back.. Groupon or not.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple