“Never Again”
Review of Hotel Ruby

Hotel Ruby
Ranked #15 of 46 Hotels in Spokane
Reviewed February 19, 2014

After reading reviews we decided to stay a the Ruby Hotel. It was conveniently located in the area of the restaurant that we wanted to dine at for a Valentine's Day dinner. I thought the rooms were small for starters. There was mold on the walls and corners of the bathroom, especially in the shower. No one mentioned my request for a room with a queen bed instead of the two doubles we had. I happen to know that at least one came available. The parking is a complete disaster and I'm glad we got out of there without someone hitting our vehicle. Then on a rainy night at 1am I had to park two blocks away and walk back to the hotel. We were harassed by bar patrons that were outside the lounge smoking. We went into the lounge and were completely ignored until we finally told the bartender we'd like a drink. We used the coupon given to us upon check in, but I believe we were still charged full, or nearly full price for the drinks we received. Definitely not a two for one as promised. Definitely the downfall to an otherwise wonderful weekend in Spokane.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 31, 2014

The manager of thr Ruby does a wonderful job making sure the guests are taken care of and keep coming back. This is the only hotel I will stay at when visiting Spokane. I refer the Ruby to everyone who says they are going to Spokane. The rooms are VERY clean and the King Suite I stayed in was quiet and roomy. Before booking with another down town hotel if you plan on going to a Concert check out the packges available. Tgis hotel is directly across from the Knitting Factory and can get a room tix and parking for under $100. I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed January 26, 2014

We had an amazing time, very friendly and attentive staff. This is in a great location close to most everything we never had to take the car anywhere!! The pillows and bed were so comfortable I actually wrote the type of pillow down so I can find them. Our first encounter at the front desk was Aaron and he was wonderful, Thanks! then we had some appetizers and drinks in the lounge, which was fabulous because of Brittany!! All in all I can not say anything bad about this place. Even the breakfast was enough to choose from and got our day started. We enjoyed our time away and since it was a five hour drive for us to get there, this place made me very happy and I would stay there again for sure. Now the dirt bag that parked literally 2" from my car in the parking lot is another story :)

Room Tip: Get one with the updated bath it was nice!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 22, 2014

I had an event scheduled in downtown Spokane and wanted if possible to avoid dealing with parking issues. Normally I am person who stays at chain locations like La Quinta, Best Western, or Hampton Inn. However using trip advisor I located the Hotel Ruby literally steps from the venue I needed to reach. The reviews here were helpful and using the knowledge I culled from this site, I booked a room with a King size bed away from the street and train tracks.

There is reserved parking for guests at a slight charge, but well worth it. Bars and restaurants are just steps away, and very reasonable.

The room was great, the bed very comfortable and the shower relaxing. The flat screen TV was fine, and mutiple channels made it is wasy to select something that met my tastes. Beyond these simple items, there was little else I desired. I stayed only one night and the rates were very reasonable. The hotel has been renovated in a very artsy moteif and the colors are striking.

I would not hesitate to stay here again, if the need arose for me to be close to downtown.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Scott R
Reviewed January 14, 2014

We had a wonderful time at Hotel Ruby on our anniversary weekend.
The room was clean and the note from the housekeeper was a nice touch.
The parking lot was full so we had to park at the Howard Johnson; only around the block.
The Sapphire lounge put cranberry 'syrup' in my vodka cran instead of juice. It tasted terrible!
So instead of offering me a free drink or making it properly, the bartender just splashed it with Sprite. I was disappointed in that.
The flatbread was good though!
The location is awesome too. We were able to walk safely around downtown and enjoy the city.
We live in Spokane and it was our anniversary so it made for a nice little stay-cation. I got the room through Groupon and I have to say, we will definitely be back.. Groupon or not.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 6, 2014

I should've written this review back in Sept 2013 when I returned from our trip to Spokane, oops! The Hotel Ruby is a great little motel in downtown Spokane that I would gladly stay at again. When I made our reservation I made some requests, asking that we weren't placed too close to the bar or the main street in front. I wasn't sure what the noise levels would be. When we checked in I was happy to see that they took note of my requests and gave us a room on the top floor, away from the bar and road.
Overall the room was clean, had a comfy bed and was a decent size. I love all the artwork, not just in the rooms but also in the parking lot. The breakfast in the morning was good, not too special but enough to fill our bellies and get us ready to explore Spokane. My only complaints about the breakfast....there wasn't fruit out every morning, and the bar were they have it set up is kind of dark and not really inviting for breakfast. But I understand there is nowhere else to serve it. We also loved that the hotel offered free bike rentals, and even though we had brought our helmets from home we ended up not using the bikes. But next time we will!
The location of the hotel is great, pretty central to the park, shopping and many restaurants. We left our car in the secured parking at the hotel and were able to walk all over the downtown area.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 29, 2013

My husband and I stayed here overnight for our anniversary. We like Spokane; it's walking friendly with an interesting and active downtown. We selected this place from Tripadvisor and the price was very good, especially for a downtown hotel. It is especially well located. But it's not a hotel; it's a motel. Outside walkways, park in front of your room. That said, we loved it. The important things (that matter to us) were there. The bed was comfortable; the shower great; the room was immaculate. The bed linens and towels were very good. The desk help were helpful and interested in us and our comfort. We felt safe. There was very little street/city noise. I especially appreciated the art all around. Oh, and the coffee in the morning was very good. (We didn't eat breakfast there because we like Frank's Diner and go there when in town.) We'll stay here again.

Room Tip: I'd recommend a top floor (3rd) room for the quiet. The stairs are a little intimidating, but I...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple