“prepare for a pleasant shock!”
Review of Hotel Ruby

Hotel Ruby
Ranked #13 of 46 Hotels in Spokane
Reviewed December 22, 2013

This little spot is Gold! I have stayed over night in Spokane many many times before, usually with my children so I have chosen hotels with pools. What the Ruby lacks in kids entertainment, it more than makes up for it in class! The recent remodel of 2010 is amazing. It is a brilliant mix of art and color. The designer didn't try to make every room of the hotel look like the same can of soup. Everywhere you look is texture and depth. The beds where so comfortable and the linens thick, white, and crisp. We checked in on a cold night around 7pm and our room was "pre-warmed!" Oh my that was a nice touch and so appreciated! The rooms are on the small side but excellent use of space. The comp breakfast was lovely and in a nice soothing dimly lit room instead of a Hotel Lobby room with CNN blaring. And the staff, polite, friendly, with fantastic people skills! All this at a very affordable price and right in the heart of downtown, near shopping and entertainment. We chose this location because in was near the medical centers as well. We were not disappointed and we will be back!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
There are newer reviews for Hotel Ruby

Reviewed December 8, 2013

Spent a weekend in Spokane and stayed at the Hotel Ruby. Wonderful staff. The room was great for the price we paid and the housekeepers were wonderful at putting our room in order when most housekeeping staff will just do beds and towels, they did it all. Folded up our clothes, hung up our jackets, it was great to see. Front desk staff was extremely friendly as well. We also got a coupon for the lounge so we went there on our last night and the staff at the lounge were phenomenal. I hope we are able to return to this hotel next year to celebrate our anniversary again :)

Room Tip: Higher floor room would probably be best to avoid noises from outside.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 4, 2013

I had read the previous reviews of this property, therefore, I asked for a top floor room with a newly remodeled bathroom. In fact I did get both. The room was clean, the bathroom was nice, beds were great, however, upon entering the room, there was a "smell" from the carpet. Once inside for awhile, we adapted. We also woke up to someone's television. The earplugs would have come in handy. Great location, front desk was helpful in referring us to restaurants. Definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Funky decor, free and secure parking, easy to find (right off the freeway), great food at the sapphire lounge, friendly staff, clean, affordable, and a SUPER comfy bed!! If I ever have the opportunity to stay in Spokane again, I will stay here.

Room Tip: I would maybe choose the top floor since we could hear a lot of what was going on over us.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Easy location right in town with free parking and breakfast. The room was comfortable and there was plenty of hot water. I only have two tiny complaints--no MSN or CNN on the TV-I always look forward to cable when I travel and was disappointed. Also, the pillows were awful. Oh, well, for the price I can live with not-so-great pillows and Cable with no MSN or CNN.

Room Tip: The stairs are scary-ask for the ground floor--or take the elevator.
Reviewed November 25, 2013

The giveaway was the sign at the front desk that offered free ear plugs! that's one I had never seen before. I soon realized why! The railroad runs right behind the Hotel but in fairness it runs close to all the Hotels downtown. The Bathrooms need updating & I think that's happening at the moment. The Hotel is fairly basic no fills but decent value for money in a central location, convenient for shops, restaurants & the like. Parking is limited but I didn't have any trouble, rooms were very clean & the staff were excellent.

Room Tip: Go for a top floor if possible.
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Once again, we stayed at the Ruby. The location just can't be beat. It was fairly quiet. The king size bed was comfy; the pillows a overly large. A couple of other complaints: the bathroom fan is attached to the light and is LOUD! I like to have a shower cap for my long hair but none are offered. Otherwise, a great deal in a great location!