Hotel Ruby
Doubletree.com
$149
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Quality Inn Downtown 4th Avenue(Spokane)(Great Value!)
$94
  • Breakfast included
$90
$76
BestWestern.com
All reviewssapphire loungeknitting factorygreat locationdowntown spokanelimited parkingmotor innoverflow parkingroom was cleanacross the streetboutique hotelwithin walking distancetrain trackswafflesfridge and microwavecontinental breakfastriverfront parkwould stay again
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Hotel and rooms are much nicer on website than in person. Comfortable beds and low price, but VERY noisy. You can hear every footstep around you, train and cars. Could hear phone conversation of someone above us!

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank E A
Reviewed September 29, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Hotel Ruby on a Saturday night in mid-September and had a wonderful time! The guy that helped check us in was courteous and quick. Helped us find the parking (across the street in an overflow lot - not a problem at all; super cheap at $5), showed us a few places to go out for the night... etc.

The room was immaculate! Loved the red decor and simple room setup. The bed was comfortable, flat screen TV a nice bonus... all in all, pretty great. Definitely take a trip down to the lounge - you'll fully appreciate how they turn it into a continental breakfast in the morning, too!

I was SHOCKED at the rate as well - seemed like an amazing deal for a perfect location!

All in all, we agreed this would be our place to stay if we were ever in Spokane again. Absolutely recommend it.

Room Tip: We had a room on the second floor, near the corner away from the street. But I doubt anything would be too noisy.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kels98109
Reviewed September 27, 2012 via mobile

Great room, and BED very friendly staff. And super nice atmosphere, the rooms are up to date and while they are small for the location and quality it's the most for your money. They even have continental breakfast.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Anonymous120
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Found this place through Trip Advisor and it was my first stop on a road trip from Seattle to North Carolina. The price was right - $76, so I asked to see a room. The one they showed me had four super intense DARK red walls - pretty tacky. Luckily the room they put me in only had one red accent wall, and felt brighter. I could actually relax in this one.

All the rooms face a parking lot courtyard. So the cars come and go. As in, all night long. It was incredibly loud. I was up most of the night from people partying, revving their cars in the lot and peeling out.

The room itself was nice. No complaints. The bed was comfy and their attempt to make it more of an affordable 'boutique' motel is fairly successful. It was nice and clean too. I was pretty shocked that the car pass they give you to put in the window for parking had my hotel room # on it. I was traveling alone and that seemed super unsafe (for any guests) - No need to put the # on anyone's car pass. Another con, the guy who checked me out was super rude and basically took my payment and said nothing else. Didn't ask how my stay was or anything. I probably wouldn't stay here again.

Room Tip: Bring ear plugs!!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 21, 2012

This hotel made a good effort updating Travelodge type rooms into chic, artistic rooms. However, the hotel is frequented by large groups of college students (possibly due to the low price), and loud parties in the rooms and parking lot (including fireworks and yelling) can occur into the wee hours, even on weekdays. The staff works in soundproof rooms and they don't take action unless you call to complain (or maybe they're just used to it). The hotel advertises itself as a great place to stay for performances in the Bing Crosby and Fox Theaters, but this clientele (older, distinguished folks who likely came a long way to see an expensive, quality music performance) will not be happy with this hotel. Maybe it's fine for young partiers who frequent the nearby bars and rock concerts. Those who can should pay 30 dollars more to stay at a quiet hotel nearby such as the Davenport, Doubletree, or Red Lion. In fact, the Red Lion River Inn costs about the same and is much quieter, although a 5 minute drive away. It would be worth the short shuttle, car or taxi ride to get a good night's sleep. The Lusso across the street is great for classy guests going to a classy concert, and sometimes has $99 deals. The breakfast at Hotel Ruby is very basic, more for the college crowd also.

At the Ruby there were many strung out college students milling around to get their Cheerios and waffles in their sunglasses (inside) after their night waking up the whole hotel, and the staff didn't seem to reprimand them. They gave me a 15% discount which was nothing for an entire night of lost sleep (with earplugs, a white noise machine and a pillow over my head...I am actually not a sensitive person)! If you're lucky, you might go to Ruby on a quiet night and love it, but it's a gamble. The free parking is a nice offer but there are only about 10 spaces so I had to pay $20 to park down the street anyway.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple